A respectful request to Sherman for tolerance in moderation.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not keen on Christians that rip into each other over petty stuff. Neither Knight or myself are very fond of call out threads.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That happens quite often around here. :chuckle:
BTW, clean out your inbox. :D ....or did you mean to send me an email and then block my ability to respond?
No, it's probably full again. It was getting close but I haven't been around long enough to tend to it...there. Now I've got forty some openings. Time for a nap.

john w

Hall of Fame
Polllie Ann is about to ban me:

Poly said:
john w said:
Poly said:
Dear john w,

You have received a warning at Theology Online | Christian Forums & More.

Reason:
-------
Name-calling without cause

john w there's no reason for all of your hostility in this thread. Take a chill pill before you continue.
-------

Original Post:
https://xenforo.theologyonline.com/posts/4309806/
Can somebody teach john w to cite his sources properly? Please. Teach him how to use the quote function...

She misquoted me, sport. Pay attention. She's the one that is not using the quote function properly. I quoted her words from another thread, and she quoted me, as if I said it. Again, read, pay attention, or get smart, by growing a brain.

This is what I quoted her, as saying, from other threads:

"I do not sin..."-God'sUNTruth

Vs.

"Jesus said to repent of your sins, and Jesus said that after he died on the cross, rose from the dead, and sat at the right hand of the Father......We are not even saved unless we first admitted our sins and repented.

1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

That is about never being saved in the first place.

After we are saved, we have to forgive each other still."-God'sUNTruth

This is what she posted-post #3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by john w View Post
1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

That is about never being saved in the first place.

After we are saved, we have to forgive each other still."-God'sUNTruth

=it looks like I said "1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.That is about never being saved in the first place.After we are saved, we have to forgive each other still..."

...when I was quoting her.

Can someone teach you how to spell, Jethro, and use proper English? Stay out of this thread, as you've added nothing to me, "hit and run" punk, or the body of Christ, but hot air.

And why don't you learn how to use the quote function?

See how that works, condescending one? Good.

Have a seat. You don't matter on TOL.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Theology Online | Christian Forums & More
"Take a chill pill before you continue."

Oh. Original. Pay more attention, to what I was accused of, before you continue.

Knock it off or next time you'll be banned.

Knock what off? Ban me. Go ahead.

TOL members should start a "Get the great humble John W out of the banning zone" thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And TOL members should plan a coup against Pollie, and Col. Sherman, oust them, and replace them with me!!

Send your donations to Mayor STP!!!

musterion

I'm convinced TOL would benefit from the selective but permanent banishment of a good two dozen members from across the spectrum -- from theism to atheism and all stops in between -- whose one shared trait causes most of the pointless strife on TOL that leads to situations like this one (no, I do not count JohnW in that group...his "fault" is his exceedingly low tolerance for them, which I happen to share). Conversation on this site wouldn't suffer one bit with their absence but rather would be vastly improved for all who remain. JMO

glorydaz

I'm convinced TOL would benefit from the selective but permanent banishment of a good two dozen members from across the spectrum -- from theism to atheism and all stops in between -- whose one shared trait causes most of the pointless strife on TOL that leads to situations like this one (no, I do not count JohnW in that group...his "fault" is his exceedingly low tolerance for them, which I happen to share). Conversation on this site wouldn't suffer one bit with their absence but rather would be vastly improved for all who remain. JMO

:thumb:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Yep!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here...:noid:...here? :shocked:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I agree with Sherman on this one. Lots of atheists participate here and have no trouble respecting the fact that this is a Christian run site. My name is Delmar and I aprove Sherman's message.

:thumb: It comes down to respecting someone else's house...Don't like the rules, don't enter.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
In my not so humble opinion a site can be lively or not depending on how tolerant administrators are of minor offenses.

Yes, my former comments here still hold. A lot does depend on judgment calls from a moderator, which can be flexible according to various factors, some on one's own temperament at the moment or influence from other posters reporting or complaining. Then again, there is the adventure and opportunity of true 'dialogue' which enables a discussion where all points of view are considered.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: