Town Quixote's

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Crier​

After Anna made a suggestion in the PRG thread...
Thank you Anna for your well intentioned advice. I assure you that I am not consumed by any single issue.

She's right there, Anna. I can think of at least three. :plain:

You might as well tell an alcoholic to try tea for a while and see how it goes.

While in the TOL Feuds thread, chrys was being...
they would get rid of town if they didn't want feuds
...someone who was interested in stirring up and starting things...well that person could be around a forum for years and years and only have a couple of three dozen friends to show for it.

Like I have to tell you. :plain:

In the Ask Knight Rubik things were taking a difficult turn...
May I ask a question? :think:

This is going to be harder than I thought....

Wearied of MEshak's holy-off comments aimed at Rusha...
I don't know how much blessing you can give as being non-believer. According Jesus non-believer are not blessed. How can you bless anyone if you are blessed?

anyway I don't argue with non-believers.

You argue with someone? :plain:

After attempting to set out the difference between being for a thing as opposed to an underlying principle that would allow it...
...Re: No shoes, no shirt, no service.
I'd never really thought about that, but is that really related to business, or is it a moral call?
Business. It's mostly found in restaurants that aren't found in close proximity to large bodies of water but are frequently found near large bodies. :eek:

May have gotten off on the wrong foot in the Ask a Messianic Jew thread...
I have a 2011 Camry and it over throttles in cold weather. I have no idea why. What should I do?

Had a conversation with GM about nervous tics...
You seem to be attacking everybody! Just having a bad life huh?
Have you ever noticed that people who laugh hysterically at their own attempts at sardonic humor are almost always the only one laughing? :plain:

Or maybe it's just a nervous condition and stress brings it out. Maybe it's like:

Yes, I'd like fries with that. :rotfl:

Does Fixodent come in different flavors? :rotfl:

No, officer, I didn't know I was speeding. :rotfl:

That sort of thing. :plain:

Offered a potential solution for the discriminatory practice thread...
Religion and sexuality go together, and the practice of one's religion in the sexual arena is protected insofar as we are not required to step outside our religious faith to accomodate sexual practices that violate it simply because we are in a business open to the public...

Arsenios
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how their religious rights are being violated. Were I the photographer and felt compelled I'd explain my position morally and then give them the option to employ me. I'd bet that approach would get a different response than the one run into in New Mexico.

Think about it. You drive up to that shop and someone says, "We don't serve your kind" you're going to have a very different feeling about it than if that same person said, "I have to be up front about this with you. I'm a Christian and I believe that the lifestyle you're choosing here is in rebellion with the word of God and that you're imperiled by it. But I follow the law and I'll take your money if you insist."

The second response is much more likely to get either a, "I appreciate your being honest/up front with me and I'd feel more comfortable with someone who valued my union" or "No, I don't think I'm comfortable putting money in your pocket."

Noted Jabin going off the rails...
Remember when those negroes back a couple hundred years ago wanted the right to discriminate in whom they work for?
Forget poor parallel, that's not honest or even rational. That said, at least you inadvertently remind us of the moral failure of placing property rights above the respect for humanity that makes them meaningful.

Then there was MEshak again...
...I am so hated because I make it clear about their hypocritical practice instead of debate the doctrines.
I don't think you're really hated by many and I wonder why you seem to want that...But you do get part of this right. The objection to you is definitely because you call people names and refuse to argue and make a case that justifies your condemnation. That's true.

You might as well have been born deaf. :plain:

Continued to take exception to RP's end game...
...I'm well aware of the history behind the CRA.
I didn't mean you couldn't recite a few dates. I said this before, but you've never seen what your approach can be used to justify up close. And absent anarchy there's no such thing as unfettered right, right without restriction relative to another's.

And...
I'd honestly be a philosophical anarchist. I can't really justify The State. I don't think its actually possible to maintain anarchy so I don't waste my time advocating for it, but ultimately, I can't justify The State morally or ethically at all. They will still always be thieves, if nothing else, and most of the time they are kidnappers and murderers as well.
The state is as noble or as horrible as those who comprise it allow. It's a work in progress.

That said, rights do not magically disappear just because a group of thugs (Majority sanctioned or not) declare a monopoly on the legitimate use of force in a territorial area.
Right isn't a thing, RP. It has no life of its own. It's the noblest, truest idea of how we are to be among one another. Until you understand that, face that truth all you have is a false idol to worship.

...Who cares about the pragmatic implications?
Anyone who has seen others pay a real price for elevating what you champion and elevate to the realm of virtue.

Morality is not defined by results.
It is reflected in them.

Tomorrow? Dominoes that just won't fall and a word from our sponsor. :plain:

IMJerusha

The Sunday Crier​

May have gotten off on the wrong foot in the Ask a Messianic Jew thread...

Not to my POV and I think Vegas probably found it amusing as well. Humor is good for the soul. I'm sure you didn't mean it disrespectfully.

This is as close as I've gotten to being mentioned in your Gazette. Be still my fluttering heart! :peach: :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not to my POV and I think Vegas probably found it amusing as well. Humor is good for the soul. I'm sure you didn't mean it disrespectfully.

This is as close as I've gotten to being mentioned in your Gazette. Be still my fluttering heart! :peach: :rotfl:
:chuckle: I saw the OP and who wrote it and knew my bit of goofery would be taken in the spirit offered.

The latest Crier (formerly Daily Gazette) found here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Looks like everyone's favorite stalker is looking to get that average back up...and proving my point about him to boot.

So that's a twofer.

The latest Crier (formerly Daily Gazette) found here.