Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Get over it. There is a difference between reading and skimming through written texts.
I know, but here's what she said:

Ahh...here it is. My mention...too bad I didn't read it. Sorry...:eek:
Not, "I skimmed it," but "I didn't read it". That makes the whole thing funny. It's like talking about how stupid someone else is and spelling it stupied. She didn't say anything about skimming until I'd called her on what she did say.

I noted my gaff and laughed about it. Thanks for giving me something else to laugh about. :D

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

Not, I skimmed it, but I didn't read it. That makes the whole thing funny. It's like talking about how stupid someone else is and spelling it stupied. She didn't say anything about skimming until I'd called her on what she did say.

So buzz off, I noted my gaff and laughed about it. You should try that now and then. It might make you feel better.
Stpo being so stupied.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Get over it. There is a difference between reading and skimming through written texts.

Not, I skimmed it, but I didn't read it. That makes the whole thing funny. It's like talking about how stupid someone else is and spelling it stupied. She didn't say anything about skimming until I'd called her on what she did say.

So buzz off, I noted my gaff and laughed about it. You should try that now and then. It might make you feel better.

And the genius can't grasp the concept that I can SEE that he mentioned me WITHOUT reading it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And the genius can't grasp the concept that I can SEE that he mentioned me WITHOUT reading it.
No, goof, you can't. You can call it "impression gathering" or "skimming" but it's reading.

You're so utterly full of bile and self righteousness that you can't even laugh at yourself. I don't like you either, but it didn't bother me to note my mistake or find it funny.

You could use a little of that...but until you learn to laugh at yourself you'll just have to live vicariously through me, I guess. :D

The latest Gazette found here. :poly:

Sky's Look at Me Copycat Edition, complete with Poor Sport section found here.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, goof, you can't. You can call it "impression gathering" or "skimming" but it's reading.

You're so utterly full of bile and self righteousness that you can't even laugh at yourself. I don't like you either, but it didn't bother me to note my mistake or find it funny.

You could use a little of that...but until you learn to laugh at yourself you'll just have to live vicariously through me, I guess. :D
Dearest town, lets get serious for a moment if you can stop laughing at yourself for a moment. I seldom see you comment on others unless it is to belittle the other person and exalt yourself in the process. Your Gazette is full of such snippets. Do you really see all your little snide comments as comedy and light heartedness? I hope you don't take offense. I am asking a sincere question because I really don't understand.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Dearest town, lets get serious for a moment if you can stop laughing at yourself for a moment.
I laughed at my mistake. Sky and Res laugh at their lines. It's darn nearly become a signature for them.

I seldom see you comment on others unless it is to belittle the other person and exalt yourself in the process.
And here I thought you were going to be serious.

Actually most of what I write is encouraging and positive. And most of what I write isn't even in the threads. Go figure. I belittle trolls. I differ with many, which is sort of the point of a forum, arguing ideas. I mostly do that with humor and if you see me being remotely personal I guarantee you that I tried it the other way for a while, until the party I'm addressing has insulted me and personalized the argument to the point where I'm tired of a one sided civility.

Doormat and I have been disagreeing on pacifism. Read over the posts. You won't, but if you did you'd get the idea. But you don't want the idea, you want to do what you always do.

Your Gazette is full of such snippets.
Nah. It's mostly about the funny bits, though not always and not always my own.

Let's look at the last Gazette by post. There are twelve posts noted.

1. A goofy bit to AB, a friend of mine.

2. A goofy bit to zoo, a friend of mine.

3. A bit of difference with Meshak with no malice, but a little humor aimed at the logical contradiction in her declaration against trinitarians.

4. A good natured difference with free on his idea of love.

5. A three part division of a post between us. Only the third part has anything like a sardonic bit.

6. A word to rainee. Nothing mean spirited in it, but a humorous barb over chrys randomly generated awards. So at best your down 4-2.

7. A note of me sitting on my porch with Jack.

8. A good natured laugh WITH RP.

9. A serious bit from my discussion of faith with Hermit.

10. Celebrating Stripe's birthday. And you're down 8-2.

11. An observation on sports as metaphor.

12. A jab at Sod. and the final count? At worst, 9-3.

Do you really see all your little snide comments as comedy and light heartedness?
I mostly reject your characterization, which is as errant as your impression was applied to the Gazette examined above, from Monday.

I hope you don't take offense.
That would be funny if it wasn't so transparent.

I am asking a sincere question because I really don't understand.
No, you're offering your bias up as inquiry. I could read a Gazette through you. I suspect that's true of anyone who's been paying attention.

The latest Gazette found here. :poly:

Sky's Look at Me Copycat Edition, complete with Poor Sport section found here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Weekend Crier​

Kept arguing the morality of WWII and pacifism with Doormat...
...God's ministers defend one and defend many by preaching the gospel, by praying for our enemies; that is what changes hearts and turns people away from sin; that is what stops mothers from having abortions; that is what is more powerful than earthly armies.
You don't think the Jews were praying for deliverance in the death camps?

Well, it came. And it rode tanks. Before that? Suffering, lamentation and death.

While in the Eeset's Rep thread...
Eeset has started a thread to tell us all about the neg reps she's received but conveniently locked it.

Here's one of the two comments I negged. I don't remember which was the other.

And I'll remind her what she told me:

Lastly, I'll note her past comments on someone else's locked threads:
I know on the face of it that it resembles massive hypocrisy, a phony, insincere complaint fashioned to draw attention to a desperate grab at playing the victim, but in Eeset's defense...

:think:

No, no I suppose that's about right. :plain:

zoo stopped by another of my threads to be helpful...he's helpful that way...
Okay, I think I understand... By "alternative," you meant 40-year-old soft-rock #1 hits?
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I'm glad you finally caught on, I was beginning to worry.

Seriously. You're killing me here. I'm dying.
:think: Could be a tumor.

It's like you took a nail gun, loaded it with rusty nails, and every once in a while you shoot one right at me.
Did I MAKE you use this thread as a start up page? :plain: Okay, so it was hidden in the "yes" on, "Do you like music?" poll, but it's easy to reset...I think...maybe.

After Sod declared I'd been reaching for his attention (ostensibly by forcing him to post about me every day since his return and, until I noted it, mostly in Quixote's) sky said...
:think: Sod, you might need to have this removed. It could be cancerous. :plain:

Causing sky to posture the impossible in Quixote's...
Ahh...here it is. My mention...too bad I didn't read it. Sorry...:eek:
That's not actually possible, you know...:plain:

Over in the Fox News thread, my opinion was met with...
Oh you, your words reveal you.
Well I hope so or I wasted a lot of time learning them. :plain:

Rexlunaw and kmo were talking about a watch list and I think I misunderstood...
You do realize that you are now on an NSA watch-list, right? :plain:
Sweet. How many time zones do they carry and where do I sign up for one?

Well, scratch that. Apparently we are ALL on an NSA watch-list. :eek:
So it will be a while...well, the Casio will have to do until my pocket watch is repaired or they get to me on the list...:plain: what?

Leading to a 48 hour "vacation" beginning with...
...Go buy a few Qurans on Amazon. That might bump you up on the list. :think:
Done. :D And get this, one of them came with a free membership to some medievil reenactment society called the Swords of Allan...something like that.

Anyway, I was thinking that when my points accrue and I get the watch we could all--wait a minute, there's somebody at the d

I hope TH gets back soon. I want to know what he wants us all to do. :plain:
I am totally getting a visit at work now.

Tomorrow? :think: I file a civil suit.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Factoid of the day: the old Observations thread that led to this one has topped 200k views...adding over six thousand since I shut the doors in late March...go figure. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Town Crier

Believing as I do in Christian charity I have given over the Gazette title to the less imaginative fortunate and found something else that I think suffices. At least for now. :D

Talked morning habits with JM...
NickM " Nothing like a shot of Jim Beam first thing in the morning"

I totally agree with you! :up:...I was impressed to see this because many Christians would disapprove of this. Nick M is not talking about getting drunk here but many Christians would still object, especially to the "first thing in the morning" thing. What's your opinion?
:think: It depends. Do you ever wake yourself up just to take a drink?

Do you refer to your alarm as "the shot clock".

That sort of thing could be problematic. :plain:

Had to agree with zoo...
...The idea of an art degree being useless, or the notion of the "starving artist" being intrinsic to art is complete baloney. I don't even think most people understand what an art degree can involve. They just like saying it's useless.
That's true. I have an old friend who is the assistant manager at the local Arby's and he had an art degree (I don't know which) and when he puts up the special board I nearly weep.

It really slows down the drive-thru though. :plain:

He'd be the manager already but that guy has a degree in psychology.

After wondering aloud about the chance of old wine in new skin...
Okay. I don't know why he thought that. His only two reasons were that I didn't capitalize the word "bible", and I used the word "LOL"

Anyways, I was not being disingenuous. I'm really just trying to understand something that doesn't make sense to me.
...Some atheists and anti theists will use that position to declare that if there is a single error [from comma to sequence] then what can be relied upon? It sounds logical, but it isn't a human truth, doesn't follow what we know about testimony, even if we aren't trained in the law and experienced in dealing with it. The fact is that in retelling, years from now, the moment of a proposal to the love of your life you may have them wearing red on a Tuesday, with the yes coming as, "In a heartbeat" when it was Monday, not red and her answer was, "Why not?"

So tell me, what changed that mattered? And will you then wonder if you married? :plain:

Before things got heated in the morning thread...
Well here I am waiting for someone to post something grumpy and you're six posts in at TOL and you've already disappointed me. :plain:

Welcome anyway, I guess. :)
If he sets foot into my yard it's going to get ugly. :mmph:

How's that?

If you can say it like Clint, it's marginally acceptable.
Is there any other acceptable way to say it? (rhetorical, punk) :mmph:

Of course. I'm just not sure you know what it is. :angel:
That's why LH is a member. :plain: what?

And I believe 'punk' belongs to someone else... when calling me names is it too much trouble to choose from the helpful lexicon I've provided?
:mmph: Your movie lore shortcomings could become legendarily problematic for your own references. :liberals:

Then kmo made an interesting admission to Pure...
I guess I'm just not as smart and observant and wise and wonderful as you. :eek:
I am, but it's still overshadowed by my humility. :first:

That led to...
:chuckle:
Just giving the little guy something to shoot for, kmo. :eek:

Tomorrow? Looks like rain. :rain: