Town Quixote's

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How are you doing, anna? We had good weather down here today. Still waiting, daydreaming about the first real hints of Autumn to come, but it was a pleasant enough day.

At least it didn't rain.

The latest Crier (formerly Daily Gazette) found here.

Doing well enough. :)

It's hot and muggy and I wish it would rain.

And if not rain, at least I wish we'd get a good Santa Ana going just to drop the humidity. We don't do humidity very well out here.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
it's 68 and thunderbooming here in NNY - rain drumming on the tin roof

just spent five minutes convincing the old beagle she didn't really hear that last one that rattled the windows:(

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Doing well enough. :)

It's hot and muggy and I wish it would rain.

And if not rain, at least I wish we'd get a good Santa Ana going just to drop the humidity. We don't do humidity very well out here.
You Californians. :chuckle: The last time I visited your state for a stretch I was standing outside of the Chinese Theater during the hottest day on record. And it still wasn't something I'd compare to an average August on the misery meter.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
and she's back to sleep on the couch

the poor old gal's had a hard past couple days

hmmmm - all the lights just went out

does that mean the hamsters won't be able to carry this to the interwebs?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Crier Race Report for August
And at the tape...it's glorydaze hanging onto the win (22) despite a last push by a game Naz (20) and LH with a last push past RP for third place.

Congrats glorydaze! :first: August's Cub Reporter

Breathe

i was at the department of labor the other day (can you believe they're closed on labor day? what a gyp)

right now i'm on my dad's i-something

I heart all things i-something. My son jumped in the pool yesterday with his iphone5 in his pocket. He never hooks it up to the mac to sync and save, so now he is verklempt - and out a few hundred bucks for a new one.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just thought I'd park this here in the event I or anyone forgets what Eeset is really all about. Someone differs with Sod, so...

looks like some noob pretending to be a Christian
a Townie?

So, a combination of trolling encouragement coupled with an aspersion cast at my faith, a new sod like low for her. And there you go. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town Crier Extras:

The Racing report
:singer:

And it's a blistering pace out of the starting gate, with Nazaroo making a play for this month's title, coming out with (4) a solid gallop. But he'll have to pick up the pace to catch Catholic Crusader, who's nearly unprecedented beginning (6) is a full two lengths ahead and a full four lengths ahead of Stripe and yours truly, neck and neck for third place (2).

And a new section debuting this weekend.

Get to Know Them (spotlight on TOL posters)

This week's spotlight is on resurrected. And here are a few examples of the nearly hundred gems imparted in the past 24 hours by our Balzacian wunderkind:

From the spiritually speculative...
looks like some noob pretending to be a Christian

To the full out quality witness those in the know have come to expect...
and all her "intelligence, empathy and wit" will count for absolutely nothing when you're writhing in eternal hellfire

retard

have fun burning in hell :idunno:

Which followed the deeply concerned...
have fun burning in hell, rusha :idunno:

eta: say - here's an idea - when you're standing before the judgement throne, try that "you're spooky" line on God, willya?

the rest of us will get a chuckle :chuckle:

Now you might be thinking it sure seems as though he's looking forward to someone suffering. And you'd be right. :thumb:

To the still personal but geographically cogent...
do all alabamans talk as silly as you or is it just the retards? :darwinsm:
You just don't get any sharper than that if you're res. No sir. That's about it. :plain:

You can take the resurrected out of the sod, but there's just no taking the sod out of our resurrected. :nono:

Get to know him.

knight

a couple of us have a bet going we hope you'll settle

is town one of the more retarded posters on this site, or is town the most retarded poster on this site?

oh yes, one other thing

have you ever heard an adult male use the expression "put him on his pants"? :chuckle:

other than fags, i mean
:plain:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Post Holiday Crier

Had a serious talk with rm about the problematic nature of how and when we attach our particular moral sensibility to the law...
Quantification is rather irrelevant when approaching it as a Christian, wrong is wrong, unacceptable is unacceptable.
Not a distinction between us. But you were speaking to "opposing" and how we go about that is the place where we may differ.

...This is not an issue of civil liberty though you are trying to make it one,
I'm discussing it as a matter of law, of how and if we can step beyond voicing a moral opinion and into legislating that opinion, imposing our conscience upon others. I don't hear people calling for mandatory church attendance and so on...If you don't care what the law is in relation to the issue then we don't have much to discuss, since our opinion on what the sin is doesn't seem to differ.

it is an issue of acceptance of a practice that will send the participants in, to hell and that as a Christian should be where your beliefs lie.
I'd say it's what you see as "acceptance". I've given the illustration of supporting the right to speak and how it doesn't rationally follow that supporting that right means you support every use of it. Seems on point to me.

...I hope for every man's salvation, but I don't believe you should or can legislate that into existence. And if history teaches us anything it's that the more we mingle religion with the state the more we corrupt the former at no appreciable benefit to the former.

So Sod had his pretext...
not sure why you think you'll fool anybody here with that sort of nonsense...but i don't really care
Repeatedly. Often several times a day in Quixote's. :plain:

Nodded to rainee...
...And "givingly" may not be a word so I put it there for TH's benefit because he can be so nitpicky with language.
Depends on what you mean by nitpicking. Mostly I don't. But if you were to tell another member how "stupaid" they were I'd probably point out that when you try that declaratory bit you might want to run a spell check.

That sort of thing. :plain:

Then Zeke said...
Go ahead TH tell me the justification for theft by your beloved compact , might makes right in that compact does it not TH? good luck.
Zeke, calling taxes theft is as pointless as calling property theft. It's just the context you insist on, not the fact of the matter. You derive benefit from the compact, you partake of its services and protections, then if you're capable you pay a share in that. Your share wouldn't compensate the compact for all the benefits you derive, but it helps.

...This obedience says the law is the law and should be respected regardless of content
That's at best an embarrassing overstatement on your part. I unabashedly do have a respect for the rule of law, but to stretch that into the idea of a blind and all encompassing respect for every law is just wrong, unfounded and in need of retraction.

Continued to counter a squirrelly argument...
...Suppose a family member of mine were in a coma, and would never come out of it. What would I do?
See, you're still doing it, adding something more to it to justify and avoid the point. Absent significant brain injury you can't make the "never" point.

I didn't say anything about irreversible coma. I said they're in a coma. Thoughtless. Are they still human in that coma? Or don't you know?

So for me, there is a big difference between a person in a coma and a fertilized egg. The person in a coma has lived and left a legacy.
So did Hitler. And what's that?

And...
...Catholic dogma states that all human life is equally valuable, whether it is an egg cell that has just been fertilized or a grown man. (Probably many Christian denominations use this dogma.) It is a simple, easy to use rule.
So is this: don't commit murder.

...Most people, given the choice of terminating the lives of two fertilized egg cells and the life of a grown woman, would choose to spare the life of the woman.
Most people would choose to spare a cute animal over an ugly one too. Most people loved the music of Rick Astley in his time. Now we try to trick people into listening to it...people.

What you're describing is a twist on the ethnocentric principle. The more obviously like us a thing is the more comfortable we are with it. On the benign end it gives us Elk's clubs and Rotary. On the other end it gives us the Klan. Here it "informs" you that a full grown woman is more human somehow...even though she really isn't.

Then Sod said...
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
it's really important to you that others agree with you, isn't it? :chuckle:
In the same way that knowing how to count makes someone a mathematician. :plain:

While in the spanking thread...
I think some people around here show signs of being spanked too often and much too hard...and on the wrong end. :plain:

Tomorrow? :think: A little mystery wouldn't kill you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So I offered koban/sod/res a confession of faith, an observation and a hope...
it's possible

when i see town, i see a man who celebrates himself, even while he pretends to celebrate God
But, oddly, you don't illustrate your feeling, say, the way I just did and have when you tell Rusha you look forward to her suffering. Or when you tell someone like me, who loves Christ, who was delivered from the wages of sin by him and who struggles, imperfectly, to move through his life mindful and grateful for that unmerited grace, that I should "seek" what found me and that I am "outside" of the God who claimed me from my atheism...when you do that you overstep, diminish your witness and name your problem.

Again, nothing would make me happier than for you to be the most effective witness for Christ TOL has ever seen. Nothing would make me happier than to see you release that malice and step into the fellowship we are meant to have.

I can say that to you and you call me proud? I can look to embrace you in Christ while you deny my place in the Body and you think I have the problem with perspective? :plain: I think it's time for you to wake up.

But he was more interested in hanging onto that anger, as you're about to see, so I made an observation that contained a challenge...

yes, you've tried this tack before
It's not a tack. It's the truth and it's founded on my belief that however twisted you are by that anger, if you have Christ in you he can overcome it.

...when i see you leave behind the celebration of yourself and speak from God's word, i'll reconsider until then, i see no reason to believe you
The error in that is that even were I as self involved, as flawed as that it wouldn't impact my profession of faith, only note the distance I have to go as a human being. That's why I don't discredit your faith when you declare and insinuate things that are malicious and/or untrue.

You don't get to say, as a Christian, "When you aren't flawed in the way I want you to not be flawed then you get your membership card."

If it worked that way we'd all be kicking each other out of the Body and only Christ would remain.

Silence. :plain: Because it was never about his faith but always about his feeling. He couldn't stand and trade without sinking to the lowest possible level of personalization and he couldn't justify it without demonizing. That's his circular problem in a nutshell.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
notobsessive.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He said, only able to read and not respond to the challenge why?

Because literally the moment he saw me post in this thread he rushed in.

:plain: Now go and search over the threads he's created. Look at how often I appear in any of them and then do the same for me.

Hint: I've posted in 10 of his 65 threads as Res. :plain:

You probably won't be surprised. :plain: I know I wasn't.

And koban/sod/res still hasn't answered the challenge.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Friday Town Crier

Discussed child rearing and religion with Pure...
We can "train God into" a child, but that won't make it real. My suggestion would be to be less open, less pushy about it, but not hide it completely
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more profoundly with this approach, with qualifiers. You're putting "pushy" into a thing which needn't be and isn't in my household. Being "less open" but "not hiding it completely" is just wrong headed, to my mind. I grew up in that sort of mystery household. I don't believe that works to do much more than separate a child from the idea of a life with integral faith. Like suggesting we not really talk about science until a kid is ready for formal instruction, to my mind. Or, worse, like giving a kid one context for his existence and then hoping he'll add to it at some point.

(it being our own conception and 'use' of God in our life). Then, when we share it with our kids, on those occasions when their trying to deal with some personal difficulty, it will be something special, something 'sacred', even, passed on from parent to child.
No, then it will seem alien and needlessly superstitious, a crutch. That's how I saw it and how most of the friends I made who quietly (in the day) shook their heads at the whole ball of string...I want Jack to understand both the quiet, the joyful and the comforting nature of relation. God isn't a special occasion or something under glass for emergencies and the worst thing we can do is hide Him from children in any part.

Our kids want to know what moves us. They're looking for context and it's our role as parents to provide it. Wrote needn't and shouldn't enter into that...

So of course...
did you know that Christ died for your sins?
What really helps me these days is being mindful that he also died for yours.

Then one of the Dear Diary club, having become more literally so...
...Noteworthy items. The TOL-A-Thon begins soon. Zoo picked up an infraction which was very surprising...Res has put in a few appearances.
You understating? Now that's noteworthy.

Asked the sixty four dollar question...
Any truth you're going to be spearheading the effort to make LH an actual mod? :plain:

Where shortly thereafter anna skirted perilously close to the edge...
I think that smiley needs some pants. :nono:

And it spiraled...like a good ham...
Oh, I thought he was a rocker, or am I just off it...:think:
I feel compelled to ask, sirrah, have you a horse?

And...
Of the variety I believe you refer to then yes. It's called Clementine and somewhat unruly...I've had to have its reigns removed and sawn down to one foot high, and is still a wily wilful beast...
Ah, well then...indoor equestrian events. Quite the hobbyist, wot. :eek:

Then...
:think: That horse appears...malnourished. And there is something in the eye that I don't quite trust.

:think:
Quite, although the threat to life and limb with such 'hobbies' has led one to entertain more sedate pursuits such as philately and scrabble - provided of course the latter isn't in competition with a hedgehog.
Here we have razorbacks. Not quite as fierce as yours, at least on the gridiron.

A lesson to be learned there...
Well, that was bound to happen, mathematically speaking. :plain:

:idunno: