Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Crier

Only a couple of things since Friday's Crier, beginning where I left off with AB...
Quite, although the threat to life and limb with such 'hobbies' has led one to entertain more sedate pursuits such as philately and scrabble - provided of course the latter isn't in competition with a hedgehog.
Here we have razorbacks. Not quite as fierce as yours, at least on the gridiron.

A lesson to be learned there...
Well, that was bound to happen, mathematically speaking. :plain:

Noted...
you silly little girls need to quit yer whining :chuckle:
Curious, the way you enjoy everything you have to say about other people.

I suppose someone has to. :plain:

or complain to knight - he gave the infractions
He did. And being human he gets it wrong now and then. Go figure.

I think he got it wrong there and with zoo's infraction too. All of us should be up for ribbing, so long as it isn't malicious (going after faith, family, sexuality or containing profanity). Else, what the blazes are we doing in a forum?

It's part of the reason I've always thought we needed an appeals board of some sort. Anyone can either be too irked by one person or too close to another, or simply have a bad day and make the wrong call.

Given how freely LH and Stripe dish around here they should be (and I'd bet are) up for it.

On a related point, I hope I never read another mod telling anyone who isn't one to get thicker skin. People who can't even be breathed upon strongly should stop telling the rest of us how to feel about a treatment they won't receive without penalty attaching in short order.

It's like being lectured on fiscal responsibility by Congress.

Then anna jumped into the bitter division that is my friends list...
Just call me Switzerland
Because of all the cheese? Or because you think you're holey? We already have enough of those anyway.

I ain't taking sides. :nono:
Scratch Applebee's off the potential job market list then.

And today? FOOTBALL! :D

The game of the day is likely the rematch of the Packers and SF, though the late match up features a compelling Cowboys/Giants rivalry game.

Enjoy. :first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Hump Day Crier

In the breakfast club, I was trying to qualify a point...
Don't be idiotic.
So...you're saying silence is his best option?

And on rep...
...why should this continue when it really doesn't serve any good purpose at all.
I think it does, actually. The problem is in the weighting. Now I have one of the larger totals and so have a disproportionate amount of negative or positive impact on the number. I've never understood the point of that. It should be one pt per person per rep. That would minimize the likelihood of the number being marginalized by any one or even a few posters and would make the rep score much more likely to reflect a broad opinion, instead of the power of a few.

Had words about words with...
and the self-impressed
Again, I don't have to be that impressed with me to be unimpressed by the way you conduct your business.

pretentious blowhard gives us all a demonstration of his incredibly ostentatious afectations :chuckle:
That Word Power is really coming along for you, isn't it? :plain:

...dude, if anybody ever needed a pie in the face, it's you
Wouldn't bother me. I know how to laugh at myself. You only seem to know how to laugh with yourself.

While in the "A New Ice Age Coming?" thread...
Sparking the sequel: An Inconsistent Truth. :plain:

Can the H.A.B. theory be far behind? :chocked:

Spoke with two of my favorite people in the rep war thread...wondering how I meant that, aren't you?
Er, no, it's all classified info and the only reason the aforementioned espionage and subterfuge has been revealed is to cover up the actual nefarious concept: The SOOTS Chimney! :shocked:

Okay, that was pathetic...

:plain:
No, but had it been much, much funnier it might have been. :plain:

This is like ... Wait, what's that thing again. The bag. The thing with a bag? Okay, what's it called when there's a bag, and there's a cat inside the bag, and then someone lets the cat get outside of the bag?

Oh yeah, "letting the cat out of the bag."

This is like that.
Ruined as a potential song now...who let the cat out?

LH :plain:

Ane then went old school on anna...
So I'm guessing a Rep Rampage is a very good thing?
I played that on the old Atari system...it was hard to tell the rampager from the buildings and whatnots. And it blinked a lot. :plain:

Reminded GO that...
Yeah, lawyers are not well spoken of in the Bible.:idunno:
Neither were tax collectors, but one became a disciple. :D Matthew 9:9-13

And serpents had a hard time of it, but Moses found one that came in handy Exodus 7:10

And...
You don't know how sad of a comment I think it is about our society to state that we need lawyers instead of the common sense that would make them unnecessary.
Commons sense, unfortunately, is always what "I" possess and the other fellow lacks. :D Or, it was the very failure of that approach that led to my profession, along with the increasingly complicated business of business and ever increasing numbers of people with rights.

Ending with a question and a comment on bumper stickers...
I saw another one of these evil bumper stickers on an old Volvo today. Notice how you never see that sticker on a car with muslims in it?
:think: How would you know?

That sticker puts Jesus last.
So...if they put Jesus first, maybe in a bigger font, you're in? :plain:

Tomorrow? Undoing the non structural damage Jack did to the house today...sheesh. :smack:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Crier Cub Reporter Race Report :singer:

It's a one horse race well into the first turn, with Catholic Crusader eleven lengths in front of the nearest competitor at an unprecedented (18) reports.

Angel is now fading but still holding onto second with (9) and glorydaze is running two lengths back with (7) for third.

Just outside of the showing come Nazaroo, Cross Reference, GM and IWK closely grouped two lengths back and tied at (5).

Back of that pack come LH, Eeset and Stripe at (4). One length behind them in an impressively large field for this early are yours truly, Rusha and CL with the remaining eighteen horses mostly walking back and forth and nibbling grass. :plain:

IMJerusha

It's a one horse race well into the first turn, with Catholic Crusader eleven lengths in front of the nearest competitor at an unprecedented (18) reports.

Angel is now fading but still holding onto second with (9) and glorydaze is running two lengths back with (7) for third.

Just outside of the showing come Nazaroo, Cross Reference, GM and IWK closely grouped two lengths back and tied at (5).

Back of that pack come LH, Eeset and Stripe at (4). One length behind them in an impressively large field for this early are yours truly, Rusha and CL with the remaining eighteen horses mostly walking back and forth and nibbling grass. :plain:

You should report the determinations as well for the clearest picture but, so far, this smacks of some interesting truth.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You should report the determinations as well for the clearest picture but, so far, this smacks of some interesting truth.
Determinations are subjective and admittedly biased. I'm more interested in the objective fact of the matter, though I did consider noting what was being complained about. Then I realized most of the time the person objecting didn't cite to a particular rule and I don't have the time to do that for them.

I'd hoped the thread would wake people up to how much they were objecting and how frequently it wasn't necessary. I know it surprised me when I went back over a year ago and saw how often I was doing that, even beyond reporting blasphemy or people selling shoes. :eek:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I FINALLY made your list. Woo Hoo!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Saturday Afternoon Crier​

Had a philosophical moment with Tot...
Autumn is definitely here in England...ah what is it so bitter/sweet about autumn...
:think: A cool respite from the heat of summer coupled with a lot of dying?

And in the breakfast thread kmo was making with the wise cracks...
...Been drinking hot tea lately. :D
:rotfl: Hot tea. You kill me...funniest idea ever. Hot tea...hooboy. How are you going to top that one?

Made an innocuous suggestion...
You know what might actually help that work? If when A puts B on ignore B can no longer see A's posts either....if my putting you on ignore took away your ability to read what I'm writing it would make it difficult for you to chime in without looking like an enormous doofus and my knowing you couldn't really be discussing anything I'd said would make the temptation to end ignoring you and entering into the old problem much less likely.

I don't know if it's possible to do, but I bet it would have a positive impact.

Had one of my last exchanges with whatshisname...
Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
Maybe I'm a total tard who's impressed by the amount of dreck I can make flow forth

:think:
:rotfl: BAM! I almost thought that was me! Now that's satire to make Twain claw himself right out his grave. Yessir. :chuckle: Man oh man. I don't know how you do it...or why. :plain:

And...
yes, yes, that's all very nice town
Thanks! :thumb: Coming from you, well, you can't imagine what that means. :plain: No, really, you likely can't.

Then AB stepped up or into the General's...
Er, that's far too interesting for this thread TM. Please take such invigorating subject matter to a more appropriate place. May I suggest 'Town Quixote's'...
You may...especially if she wants it read by anyone. And by anyone I mean, of course, other than you or me or the odd fellow stumbling in looking for the bathroom.

Then Nang kept trying to hammer away with that rusty ax...
...That was a subjective suggestion you made, based upon your subjective complaints against Res,
It as aptly applies to Eeset's "peeking" as it does to my experience with being stalked, which is less than subjective since the fellow was waved off for that in Observations.

with which all of TOL is too familiar,
Who cares? (well, she did because it gave her something to sharpen the head of that ax against) It doesn't impact the suggestion, which I think is a good one...

so there is no way you can claim an innocent objectivity apart from your renown subjective complaints.
...Innocent objectivity? What, there's a guilty objectivity? It wasn't about me, though the idea was born of that experience and seeing others drawn back in, like Eeset, out of curiosity.

Now, you are attempting to perform a (subjective) "lawyer's dodge" to avoid my simple disagreement to your (subjective) suggestion.
I don't have a problem with you not liking the idea or even having particular reasons why. But rhetorical bombast without legs, like flinging tyranny at it, doesn't convince me of anything other than you have a bone to pick with the messenger.

After having a conversation on my idea with Eeset in the wake of her latest "apology" I came across the truth of the matter in a contemporaneous bit encouraging my former nemesis...
I have an idea. Start a thread mimicking a newspaper. Then you can copy/paste everyone's posts into it and make pithy deprecating comments exhibiting your sardonic wit.
You made this charge in Quixote's a while back and fled when I began examining the actual posts to demonstrate your had it wrong. Repeating that and encouraging this sort of thing is part of the reason why you're seen as you are and why your apologies are frequently mocked.

And that was the end of whatever she is. Two impediments to an enjoyable time here neatly wrapped.

Tomorrow? It's Sunday of course. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Night Gazette​

Well, it's not like she's going to be using the gift anytime soon.

ACW popped out of his homosexual thread and saw shadows...
Maybe Knight could Grandfather you in on this new policy. Just think what your life would be like without frivolous complaining.
I don't launch frivolous complaints and usually cite to the rule or rules in play...I also haven't reported that much in months. But given what you think passes for discourse I can understand your confusion...understanding the confusion you call argument is another matter. :plain:

So that's six more months of spastic posting.

Added a new term to the TOL Lexicon...
Nangative--any negative response to a proposition not based on the argument presented but upon prior arguments unrelated to the point. :eek:

Then, after the former possessor of the Gazette went on a blue streak that ended in a red mess...
I think Sky's hilarious! :first:
Quick, guess what else you have in common. :plain:

Couldn't get into the latest chrys thread...
America's Cup

are you watching this?
Not a big golf fan...:plain: what?

Before noting a bit of irony...doubly so given the circumstances...
Well, I put res and TH on ignore. I'm sick of reading this tiff.
Wasted on me, since he's on ignore. But that saves you having to respond to my last, I guess. And now you can concentrate on something really important...like your tiff with chrys.

'Cause that's just never getting old, I can tell you. :plain:

Then Knight tried a cold turkey experiment...
Less back biting perhaps?

Lets see.
I was going to rep you for this, but....you know. :plain:

Then, after I noted anna echoed my earlier sentiment on said turkey...
You're assuming I read yours. :eek:
I was assuming you could read. :shocked:

Yeah...it's calming things down already.

:eek:

And chrys said...
do you think he turned it off to protect me?
You know, I never thought that....wait..........no, no I still haven't. :D

Oh, and I posted a few photos of Jack in All Things Jack, like the ones below...

Tomorrow? :D Enjoy today.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Hump Day Gazette

Familiarized rm with the sad facts of life in the new rep system proposal thread...
Maybe we can just make the system totally progressive liberal and everyone receives equal amounts of rep daily regardless of any thought or input on TOL, of course that would be "fair",
No, because then greedy, rep bloated popular kids would still get to stuff their faces with even more rep.

See, you have to account for the weeks and months and years of deprivation and humiliation suffered by those largely unwanted few, the truly good souls, the rep victims of a system rewarding the haves over and over. And you need to do it for at least a few generations, until their self esteem is on the same footing.

Brothers, let us skew the popular now so that eventually there will come the glorious day when every man is a winner, regardless of his creed, race, or personality.

:plain:

So TM was having a word with chrys about who needs to do what, when...
They expose themselves.
I'm pretty sure that would constitute a rules violation.

Does anyone else look at the report button and feel a near overpowering urge to click on it...and no, I don't mean NOW. :mmph:

Then anna stepped in to settle a bet...
The both of you have the two lamest infractions in the history of TOL.
It's a real horse race all right...maybe a dead one, but a horse race. :plain:

While BR said of the adjusted rep totals...
Quite different though.
Not for meshak.

:plain: Too soon?

Leading to what now seems inevitable...
...Lawyer in the forum spending a lot of time chatting makes very suspicious.
About what?

More to the point, do you get nervous undressing near a television?

I mean at home, not in the store. :plain:

And...
I am only giving you Christian perspective.
One Christian's perspective, which is a bit different, or should be.

Modest Christians don't brag how high IQ they posses or what kind of PhD or degree they possess. I would like to add that non-believers, usually atheists, brag.
I can tell you'd like to. It really comes through...do you ever realize how much bragging you're doing inferentially? I get the feeling you don't. Just a feeling mind you. Maybe you do and it eats you up inside. :plain:

And...
...Now explain to me your psychoanalysis of me that I am bragging? How do I do that? You are also psychologist?
I don't have to be. It isn't a psychological evaluation. It's an extension of logic....if I say you're being worldy I am by extension declaring that I am not, or I'd be a hypocrite for criticizing you. That's how inferential praise tends to get heaped.

By way of example:
I think gardening is humble activity.
That's inferring that you're humble. Like someone opening their closet so everyone can see they only have the one, plain outfit though they could go down and buy a snazzy suit if they wanted. That sort of thing.

Elsewhere, Breathe was thinking that...
It's too bad we can't ban people from our threads.
It's too bad we can't ban some people from their own heads. :plain:

Which reminds me, anyone seen AB around? :noid:

Lamented with Tim...
Is there any way to put everyone on ignore with one click? :crackup:
You put yourself on ignore again, didn't you? :plain:
Tomorrow? More fun with meshak, Ben-Hur, ice cream , geography and sociopathy…or, same ol same ol. :plain:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've laid low for a few days, but I have been reading this and FB.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Friday Lunch Time Gazette

So I asked a curiously befuddled MEshak...
...why someone who could read well enough to understand the sort of fellow [zoo] was would have difficulty understanding why he was after [another poster here] when he's been pretty clear about it.

And MEshak replied, saying...
You are not zoo.
See? I keep telling people that. But then I get the bills for "Modern Whoopee" magazine. And try telling THEM that.

I am not interested in what you have to say about zoo.
I wasn't saying anything about zoo. I was asking why you're struggling to get the answer to your own question when he's doing everything short of drawing you a picture.

:think: Would a picture help? Because I bet he could draw one.

It ended badly...
You know you are such a pain.
Only for a certain sort of poster. Are you certain?

I have to put you back to ignore.
You don't, but it's so like you to do that.

good day?
You asked that already...maybe you have a memory problem. Did you ever think of that?

:think: Maybe you did and you don't remember.

While back in TM's reminiscence thread...
*sigh* How ridiculous this thread became.

The point was, someone made a fuss about the rep system and it got turned off as a result.

When has that ever happened on TOL?

Had to be there, I guess......
It was like watching the Ben-Hur race if it had been filmed without horses. :plain:

Or with horses that had been beaten to death.

Jousted a bit with fool...
I remember when we used to argue about politics and religion and everything else.
Now we're like political parties, if one side says "lets get ice cream" the other side is automatically against ice cream.
Like you even believe in ice cream. :mmph: I bet you hate it.

Ice cream is like science, you don't believe or not believe, you understand or don't understand.
So it's not like physics then. :plain:

Then bybee said/chrys mixed in/the next thing ya know...
TOL is an interesting place to be because of the diversity of topics and responses therein!
not to mention the posters
Which you totally just did. :plain:

Then chrys shot back...
I really meant to do that

And vc wrote...
Very well put!

Okay, vc didn't exactly write that about what chrys said, but it was the next post after and it does put a bow on the exchange, you have to admit.

Said good morning to FS...
Good morning all.. :) .. Beautiful day here in Southern Ohio..
See, I just knew you were a southern girl. :eek:

And chrys was back and ready to rumble...or mumble...stumble...humble? :think:
he's a girl?
No, but she always is...so, you went a bit literal with the "Fellow" part then. :plain:

Bam?
do you think it is important to know what sex they are?
Well, it really helps with the personal pronouns. I can tell you that. :poly:

Then it was back to the good morning thread for a tit for tat, or that, or this even...
did you know about hisservant?
Serpentdove?

See how I did that? :plain:

Tomorrow? Things get serious with fool…okay, considering…and RP comes out of the anarchists closet, which is horribly disorganized, as you’d expect. :plain: