Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The emperor has no clothes, and he's embarrassed.

You know, Town. Dictators think they should be able to do and say whatever they like and the "peasants", as your Queen, has called us have no say in anything the dictator does. He can publically flog the poor peasant who fails to bow and scrape when called upon to do so. You hate not having your own private kingdom....it's an affront to your high holiness, and anyone who refuses to kiss your little golden slippers is a "troll".
Why that isn't embarrassing to you I'll never understand. You think I created and maintain Quixote's for me?

You just don't get it.

Get over yourself, Town. You are not the sharpest tool in the shed and you'd do well to figure that out.
Am I smarter than you?

glorydaz

No, that's why I posted as strong a bit in relation to IMJ literally two posts before your glowing review. You're a bit like Sod, who suddenly found a litany of complaints, from character to religion, right after I opposed him strongly over race baiting.

You simply can't keep yourself from comparing me to SOD. You've done that from the first. I did give you glowing reviews over your discussion with IMJ. I would do the same today were I to see something for which you deserved glowing reviews. I don't "suddenly" find a "litany of complaints", and you're showing your spiteful nature by claiming I would do so. I disagreed with you when you claimed God would never allow someone to be raped as a punishment for their immoral behavior. I disagreed with your interpretation of the two Biblical examples you gave. I noted how you ignored the verses you were given.

Then you don't understand the word. You disparaged my faith. That's lower than any treatment you've had from me. But I didn't return it. I noted my disappointment. Dazed (and confused, being the inference you missed) seemed charitable.

I do understand the word. Even Christians can be guilty of using humanistic arguments. I've rarely seen you posting on religious topics....aside from the deity of Christ....and I have to wonder about someone's faith who uses scripture as you did. I have yet to see anything "charitable" in any of our interactions over this particular topic. You got offended and stayed offended and remain offended.

No, I don't, you're just an essentially blinkered soul who sees me as wonderful in agreement and horrible in disagreement.

Then you can consider yourself a "blinkered soul". I was wonderful until I disagreed with you. :rotfl:

You're such a pip, Town.

You simply cannot see the things you say. But you can read plenty into the words of others. It's no wonder you get offended all the time. Poor Town. :nono:

ClimateSanity

That's mostly what I've done. I took him off a moment ago because I was considering responding to a thing I saw mirrored, but I thought better of it and won't be.

I admire optimism, but that hasn't been my experience over, literally, years of him stalking me here through various incarnations. I think it's pathological with him. This isn't about a difference of opinion. It's about his methodology.

It's so bad that even though Knight tends to agree with him on arguments he's had to ban him and warn him off.

I mostly don't and haven't. Now and then I get tired of it and give him a shot across the bow.

Knight has publicly said he liked this thread and it hasn't changed since it was Observations.

But if he's given you a different message, if you guys want me to abandon the thread I will. A lot of people like it, and it gets about four thousand views in most months when all it really amounts to is the Gazette, but it's a good bit of work and I don't make a dime off of it. So if he's changed his mind just let me know.

Quixote's is mostly aimed at aiming people at debates going on elsewhere. It was never meant to be a thread where we doubled down on the same debates. Again, Knight knows precisely what it is and has endorsed it. All he has to do is tell me he's had a change of mind on the subject and I'll shutter it for good. No harm, no foul. It's his house and I respect that.

The lockdown wasn't about avoiding debate, something I've never been noted for avoiding, but about allowing people who mostly stop by to read the Gazettes to do so without having to pick through efforts to spam and bury it under posts about toenails and the like or fake links, etc. A while back I decided that instead of complaining to mods I'd handle it myself. And it's worked. He's unhappy, but he still gets to post after the grace period and people who mostly come for the Gazette get a chance to read it without the bother.

He's never had to lock a thread to keep me from spamming it.

Is it on par with turning a stressed keystroke error in relating my father's heart attack into a joke? Is it on par with stalking and a litany of personal attacks in lieu of substance?

I didn't post some insult to doser then lock the thread. I publicly set out my objectively demonstrable lack of engagement and interest in his threads. I've noted that in just two threads, omitting his other incarnations, the difference is fairly remarkable.

:e4e:
Your immense ego will not allow you to ignore him. You must have the last word and it eats at you until you respond.

ClimateSanity

There is the option of just placing the member on ignore and don't look at his posts. The conflict between you two will die down if you do that. Don't post about him either. The owners here really frown on maintaining locked threads. It defeats the purpose of dialog. Doser himself has been warned in the past about maintaining locked threads.

Instead of locking the thread, place the people that are annoying on ignore. Locking the thread down so others can't participate is the wrong approach.

It is really bad form to post about doser than lock the thread.

Extremely bad form but totally expected.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your immense ego will not allow you to ignore him. You must have the last word and it eats at you until you respond.
You're just an angry goof, hiding an old grudge in new complaints. You think I get ego gratification from being trolled by a guy whose idea of repartee is to call people retards?

:plain:

Reactions: Lon

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And your dishonest character is why you keep sneaking back in under alternate ID's and denying them. Dolo.

Oh, and that ego thing ... will not allow you to consider that learning to use the quote feature is considerate to all posters.

glorydaz

Why that isn't embarrassing to you I'll never understand. You think I created and maintain Quixote's for me?
You just don't get it.

Am I smarter than you?

You should be embarrassed that you jumped to that conclusion from what I said, and then you have the gall to add that I'm the one who doesn't get it? :chuckle:

What happened to you, Town, was you let your ego and your anger get in the way of your reporting.

And you should be smart enough not to ask me if I'm smarter than you.
I have a darn sight more common sense than you have, and that's what counts in the real world.

journey

:cheers: The feeling is mutual about being among so many of you.

Have I said merry Christmas yet? Well Merry Christmas, Journey. :D

Merry Christmas Town and to all! May God richly bless you and your families this Christmas and for the coming New Year. My family has already been blessed by God beyond measure, so we have a lot to give thanks for.

Sigh

Hi Town :)
Just here to say you did not run me off, of course you didn't! Not one here did. My word, we - most of us - come here because either people aggravate us or we aggravate them - and we have usually accepted that years ago, yes? How in the world could anything like that run me off? Oh I'm rainee. Sigh.

ClimateSanity

The whole driving rainee anywhere has always been his invention. Maybe he believes it, maybe not. Maybe he just can't understand that there's another way of thinking and being than his own way. Sociopaths don't really get how the rest of the world thinks. They only mimic it.

Only egoist maniacs think they truly understand how another thinks. The only way to gain that knowledge is through communication. Your too busy lecturing people on how wrong they are to ever get a true glimpse of how they think.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You should be embarrassed that you jumped to that conclusion from what I said, and then you have the gall to add that I'm the one who doesn't get it? :chuckle:
I didn't jump. You're just determined to see me a certain way.

And you should be smart enough not to ask me if I'm smarter than you.
I have a reason for asking. Do you have a reason for not answering?

I have a darn sight more common sense than you have, and that's what counts in the real world.
So that's a no, or are you trying to say I am but only in a narrow and less important way? That the sort of intelligence you possess is actually superior?

Do you see what and why I'm asking? It isn't because I want to compare our intelligences.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Only egoist maniacs think they truly understand how another thinks.
Did you mean to be ironic?

The only way to gain that knowledge is through communication.
That's broad enough for me to agree with.
Your too busy lecturing people on how wrong they are to ever get a true glimpse of how they think.
Only an egoist would think he truly understands how I think. Right?

ClimateSanity

If I don't respond to a persons posts repeatedly over time, in fact never, its a good sign I'm not reading them. What kind of person keeps talking to a person who doesn't read what they say? Someone, with an ego as big as Towns I would say.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi Town :)
Just here to say you did not run me off, of course you didn't! Not one here did. My word, we - most of us - come here because either people aggravate us or we aggravate them - and we have usually accepted that years ago, yes? How in the world could anything like that run me off? Oh I'm rainee. Sigh.
Thanks, rainee. I never dreamed that I did. We have our ups and downs, but I credit you with sterner stuff and I'd never want you to leave, up or down. I like seeing you about the joint. :)

Merry Christmas! :cheers:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I don't respond to a persons posts repeatedly over time, in fact never, its a good sign I'm not reading them. What kind of person keeps talking to a person who doesn't read what they say? Someone, with an ego as big as Towns I would say.

:think:

What kind of person keeps making comments about a person whose posts they *claim* to not be reading?

ClimateSanity

Did you mean to be ironic?

That's broad enough for me to agree with.

Only an egoist would think he truly understands how I think. Right?

You're the one casting dispersions on people ( calling them sociopaths) for failing to understand how people think in your estimation. I can only judge by what is said. The totality of what you say denotes a huge ego. It maybe a ruse or acting on your part but I can generally see ego when it is displayed. Ive seen enough of these people in my life and I usually steer clear of them. They have nothing to add to my life.