toldailytopic: How many good works does it takes to get into heaven?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does it matter why someone believes?

If somebody believes the gospel, they are admitting they are a sinner and in need of a savior.

What if they believe but they are still completely wicked in their heart?

They won't. The action of the flesh is not the judge of the heart. Confession of the mouth is.

Will it be good to have them in heaven?

God thinks so. So much that he sent his son to die for those horrible sins in our place.

Sealeaf

A more realistic question is: How many ignored opportunities to do good and how many unrepented sins, unrepented because the those who are saved have no need of repentence, does it take to prove to God that your declaration of "faith" is just empty noise?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Are you admitting to everyone on this site that you walk in sinless perfection? Or, are you admitting that you are bad, just not as bad as others?
I am only perfect in Christ.

ghost said:
Cabinetmaker stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this homosexual. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the homosexual, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

You ARE going to hell, CM. Count on it.
I Must have been a demonically possessed by Ghost when "I" prayed this because I never would have prayed anything like this.

ghost

Hall of Fame
So homosexuals should not be executed for being homosexual?
You're such a moron.

Evil behavior has NOTHING to do with righteousness, that is a gift through faith in Christ.

It has EVERYTHING to do with morality, which is to be punished by the authorities we have in this life. Romans 13

The fact that YOU cannot separate these two things is why YOU are miles away from understanding anything about the Gospel.

Paul shows how those who are in Christ have been set free from that which condemns them (The Law). Under the Law, all men are proven sinners.

“Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.” Rom 3:19-20

The Law reveals the deeds of the flesh Gal 5:19-21 Those deeds are NOT evidence of someone who is not saved, because ALL men are found guilty of the deeds of the flesh against the mirror of the Law.

Those who look at the Law and say that they are not guilty are both deceived and self-righteous.

The self-righteous use the Law to compare their deeds with the deeds of others, and they condemn those whose deeds fall short of their own.

Those who trust in the righteousness of God, that they receive as a gift by grace through faith, take their eyes off of the Law, off of themselves and off of others and fix their eyes on Jesus, for they know that apart from Him they are nothing.

It is a man's faith in Christ that is evidence of a believer. Those who look at the Law and the deeds of the flesh as evidence of faith are unbelievers.

Not according to Ghost. According to Ghost, I can be a practicing homosexual but as long as I believe the right thing about God, I can be a practicing homosexual and still go to heaven.

Are you admitting to everyone on this site that you walk in sinless perfection? Or, are you admitting that you are bad, just not as bad as others?

Cabinetmaker stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this homosexual. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the homosexual, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You're such a moron.

Evil behavior has NOTHING to do with righteousness, that is a gift through faith in Christ.

It has EVERYTHING to do with morality, which is to be punished by the authorities we have in this life. Romans 13

The fact that YOU cannot separate these two things is why YOU are miles away from understanding anything about the Gospel.
And according to you, Christ's righteousness in our lives should not be reflected in our actions lest people think we are trying to be judged righteous by our actions. By extrapolation, we should lead an immoral lifestyle so that people will listen to what we say without paying any attention to what we do. We should then be punished for leading an immoral life style.

In essence, that is what you are preaching.

ghost

Hall of Fame
And according to you, Christ's righteousness in our lives should not be reflected in our actions lest people think we are trying to be judged righteous by our actions.
You are full of feces. Because you are such a pervert (distorter of truth), you have ZERO ability to discern anything anyone says regarding the Gospel. YOU make them a requirement.
By extrapolation, we should lead an immoral lifestyle so that people will listen to what we say without paying any attention to what we do.
An absolute lie, and you only make yourself out to be proven a liar and a moron by stating exactly the opposite of what I have said on this site hundreds of times.

"Everyone should do right, whether they are a Christian or not, and those who don't should be punished for their evil behavior."

In essence, that is what you are preaching.
Rot in hell you lying pervert (distorter of truth).

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You are full of feces. Because you are such a pervert (distorter of truth), you have ZERO ability to discern anything anyone says regarding the Gospel. YOU make them a requirement. An absolute lie, and you only make yourself out to be proven a liar and a moron by stating exactly the opposite of what I have said on this site hundreds of times.

"Everyone should do right, whether they are a Christian or not, and those who don't should be punished for their evil behavior."

Rot in hell you lying pervert (distorter of truth).
How come when I say people should do right you accuse me of judging people by the law but when you say it it is a proper statement of the Gospel?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So homosexuals should not be executed for being homosexual?

Of course they should. What is your point? I know what your point is. You are carnally minded, and only see things in the flesh regarding righteousness.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And according to you, Christ's righteousness in our lives should not be reflected in our actions lest people think we are trying to be judged righteous by our actions.

2 Corinthians 5:16

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Of course they should. What is your point? I know what your point is. You are carnally minded, and only see things in the flesh regarding righteousness.
Since execution is a punishment for sin and since homosexuals should be executed for the sin of homosexuality, then no, Jesus obviously did not die for the forgiveness of all sin.

ghost

Hall of Fame
How come when I say people should do right you accuse me of judging people by the law but when you say it it is a proper statement of the Gospel?
Because you add it to evidence of salvation, when it has nothing to do with it. Everyone should be moral, and many do a much better job than believers. Paul deals with this in Romans 2, and you outright reject what he says.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Since execution is a punishment for sin and since homosexuals should be executed for the sin of homosexuality, then no, Jesus obviously did not die for the forgiveness of all sin.
You really are the dumbest, most boneheaded person on this site. Execution is NOT a punishment for "sin", nor is execution for murder.

Based on your stupid analogies, you have NO right to discipline your children for doing anything wrong.

You lack any semblance of intelligence.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Because you add it to evidence of salvation, when it has nothing to do with it. Everyone should be moral, and many do a much better job than believers. Paul deals with this in Romans 2, and you outright reject what he says.
Now you are distorting what I have said. I have never said, not do I believe, that works play any part in our salvation. Salvation is by God through Jesus our Lord and Savior. Period.

What I have said is that God's grace is reflected in the lives that we lead. What I frequently tell Catholics who are very works based is that we do not do good works to try to get to heaven, we do good works because we are already going to heaven. We are not motivated to do works to buy favor with God, works are just a response to God's grace and mercy in our lives.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You really are the dumbest, most boneheaded person on this site. Execution is NOT a punishment for "sin", nor is execution for murder.

Based on your stupid analogies, you have NO right to discipline your children for doing anything wrong.

You lack any semblance of intelligence.
Tell us, oh wise one, when did God order executions?

ghost

Hall of Fame
Now you are distorting what I have said. I have never said, not do I believe, that works play any part in our salvation.
My post didn't accuse you of saying you did. Are you drunk? My comments about you being stupid are not insults. You really are stupid.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Tell us, oh wise one, when did God order executions?
"But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil."

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
"But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil."
Nope, no execution ordered there. God must have specified execution for sins somewhere else.