toldailytopic: How many good works does it takes to get into heaven?

john w

Hall of Fame
Not according to Ghost. According to Ghost, I can be a practicing homosexual but as long as I believe the right thing about God, I can be a practicing homosexual and still go to heaven.

Correct, but not "the right thing about God."

All sin(singular) was judged 2000+ years ago, and all sins(plural) were forgiven.

This is the good news. But, since you do not know the bad news, Romans 3:19-23 KJV, and will not plead guilty, and shut up, and "get" that one sin, one bad act, one bad thought, whether it is a sodomite act, or thought, or flipping the bird at someone in traffic, or thinking about doing it, w/o believing that the dbr settled with finality, the sin/sins issue, you are "toast," and thus you cannot understand the good news.

john w

Hall of Fame
Being "in Him" is conditional. Except in the minds of universalists. However you want to say it doesn't make a difference. There is a condition of being "in Him" (more than one condition if someone has sinned).

Thanks for "the good news."

Clueless as to what happened 2000+ years ago, and why.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dying for sin doesn't mean it is forgiven unconditionally.

Of course not. The condition is that you believe him and trust him. If you believe his gospel, you wouldn't go to catholic confessional. Just as an example.

OMEGA

Good works until the end of your life.

Ro 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek

for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Mt 10:22 ... he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

naatmi

Of course not. The condition is that you believe him and trust him.
I assume we agree this is a choice. Does it matter why someone believes? What if they believe but they are still completely wicked in their heart? Will it be good to have them in heaven?

If you believe his gospel, you wouldn't go to catholic confessional. Just as an example.
Someone could if they wanted to. Just like they could do something selfish and wicked. Do you believe free will goes away? Or do you believe people remain accepted no matter what wicked things they do without repenting?

One might say that if we really trust Jesus then we will love Him. If you mean that, then ok. But if that's not your point, then selfish believers could totally ruin heaven.

naatmi

Thanks for "the good news."
Why isn't conditional salvation good news? We don't deserve it. We desperately need it. It is awesome. And it shows we can trust God not to let impenitent selfish people ruin the universe forever.

What's not good news about that?

naatmi

naatmi...

What do YOU think it means for someone to be saved?
The meaning of saved depends upon the problem. Saved from what? If you have an involuntary problem (inability), then you have an involuntary solution (being given ability). If you have a voluntary problem (rebellion) then you have a voluntary solution (surrender).

ghost

Hall of Fame
Saved from sins
Saved from wrath
Saved from death

The conversation is about getting into heaven. I don't need any of your esoteric gobbledygook. It's not a difficult question.

If you don't want to answer, then please go the hell away.

naatmi

Saved from sins
Saved from wrath
Saved from death

The conversation is about getting into heaven. I don't need any of your esoteric gobbledygook. It's not a difficult question.

If you don't want to answer, then please go the hell away.
The confusion comes from your apparent ignorance, not from my response. Was your sin your own fault (avoidable), or do you have an excuse?

ghost

Hall of Fame
The confusion comes from your apparent ignorance, not from my response.
Your response is ignorance. You are a stupid person, who lives his life based on a false premise about the condition of man. You fail at every thought that follows your godless theory. You are waste.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There is no logical reason for sin. Sin is insane. We have the ability to choose insanity and selfishness instead of truth and love.
Granted.

"them ... that hate me without a cause." (Ps 35:19)
"They that hate me without a cause" (Ps 69:4)
"What more could have been done?" (Isa 5:4)
"Why, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?" (Isa 5:4)
"why will ye die?" (Ezek 18:31)
"why will ye die" (Ezek 33:11)
"Why will ye die?" (Jer 27:13)

Grace is forgiveness not immunity.
By His grace I am immune to sin, death and condemnation. Sin has no power over me, death has lost its sting. I am immune to the law. Grace is immunity.

Forgiveness is gracious, but it still required the atonement to be justified.
Immunity is not gracious. No atonement could justify immunity.
Support your position.

Obedience is a condition of acceptance (except for liberals).
No, obedience is the aftermath of grace.

If we can be forgiven and obey then there is no need for immunity.
Exactly! If we could obey there would be no need for immunity, but we can't obey.

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
- Romans 7:15-20

When a ruler grants immunity it shows he doesn't care about the community.
That's fallacious balderdash if ever I've heard it!

He grants us immunity because He knows we are incapable of being obedient; He grants it because He cares, because He loves us.

Is it a state of the will? Is it a voluntary state? If it is not voluntary, then it is involuntary. If we could not have avoided it, then it is not our fault. What was the cause? Physics? Adam? The devil? John Calvin?
It cannot be avoided only by the fact that there are two states of being and not being born into one we are automatically born into the other. So it is not that we are born into a state of unrighteousness but that we are not born righteous. Has it never occurred to you that this is why grace.

I'm pretty certain there is no heaven but I imagine if you are fairly decent you'll be okay.
It's gonna suck to be you.

Not according to Ghost. According to Ghost, I can be a practicing homosexual but as long as I believe the right thing about God, I can be a practicing homosexual and still go to heaven.
Idiot.

If you accept Christ the Spirit in you will lead you to run from homosexuality if you are a homosexual. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 shows us that homosexuals who accept Christ are then no longer homosexuals.

Being "in Him" is conditional. Except in the minds of universalists. However you want to say it doesn't make a difference. There is a condition of being "in Him" (more than one condition if someone has sinned).
No, there is only the one condition.

How much faith, precisely, does it take to get into heaven? :think:​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
The amount of faith it took Christ to die in our place, be buried and rise again.

naatmi

Yes, it is. Man is "without excuse" for not believing, not "without excuse" for being a sinner.
Then we are not guilty for being sinners, because the cause lies in our excuse, not in our choice. You can be blamed for something that isn't your fault, but not justly. If we are not justly condemned, then God would not have had to sacrifice His son to justify our pardon. We are only justly condemned if the cause is our own avoidable choice, not some excuse.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Then we are not guilty for being sinners, because the cause lies in our excuse, not in our choice. You can be blamed for something that isn't your fault, but not justly. If we are not justly condemned, then God would not have had to sacrifice His son to justify our pardon. We are only justly condemned if the cause is our own avoidable choice, not some excuse.
We are made sinners because of one man's disobedience Rom 5:19. That is what the bible says, no matter how much you disagree with it. We are condemned because of one man's disobedience Rom 5:18.

You not only can be blamed, but are blamed for being a sinner because of what someone else did, and God is just for doing so, your blasphemy not withstanding.

In God's wisdom, which is contrary to your stupidity, in the same way He justly condemns all men for what one man did, He justly gives life to all those who believe Him, because of what One Man did.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

naatmi

We are made sinners because of one man's disobedience Rom 5:19. That is what the bible says, no matter how much you disagree with it. We are condemned because of one man's disobedience Rom 5:18.
I don't disagree with the bible. I disagree with your interpretation of it. Your literal surface reading of Rom 5:19 results in ascribing injustice to God.

You not only can be blamed, but are blamed for being a sinner because of what someone else did, and God is just for doing so, your blasphemy not withstanding.
Disagreeing with your interpretation is not blasphemy. It is unjust to condemn someone for something that wasn't their fault.

In God's wisdom, which is contrary to your stupidity, in the same way He justly condemns all men for what one man did
Blaming someone for what someone else did is the opposite of wise.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I don't disagree with the bible.
:blabla:
I disagree with your interpretation of it.
:blabla:
Your literal surface reading of Rom 5:19 results in ascribing injustice to God.
No, you just are too proud to admit that YOUR version of justice is contrary to God's. God is not interested in YOUR version, and neither am I.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Disagreeing with your interpretation is not blasphemy.
Disagreeing with the Gospel is proof that you do not know Him.
It is unjust to condemn someone for something that wasn't their fault.
God disagrees with you distortions.

"So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men."

Blaming someone for what someone else did is the opposite of wise.
Then so is justifying someone for what someone else did.

You reject the cross, and Christ's shed blood. You are a blasphemer, and an enemy of the Gospel.