toldailytopic: How many good works does it takes to get into heaven?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I've already proven you wrong about this. YOU sat there and responded to it. Get off the drugs you retard.
Now we know why you are stupid, you don't read my posts.

Prove this wrong verse by verse - point by point. Give it your best shot, pervert (distorter of truth)
Okay - verse by verse:

Matthew 7:21

New International Version (NIV)

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

That should about cover it.

You see, I do not to prove you wrong verse by verse because I am not guilty of what you claim.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Okay - verse by verse:
You didn't address any of it. You have no integrity. Why are you here?

You don't believe the Bible.
You don't know the Bible.
You won't discuss the Bible.

You're just a troll, looking to spread your stupid theories and phony beliefs.

You address my points in that post, or every response to you will be to show that you are too much of a coward to stand up for what you believe.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You didn't address any of it. You have no integrity. Why are you here?

You don't believe the Bible.
You don't know the Bible.
You won't discuss the Bible.

You're just a troll, looking to spread your stupid theories and phony beliefs.

You address my points in that post, or every response to you will be to show that you are too much of a coward to stand up for what you believe.
I see that my response once again left you speechless and defenseless so you resort to name calling once again.

I am more than willing to discus things. You, on the other hand, are utterly incapable of discussing things.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I see that my response once again left you speechless and defenseless so you resort to name calling once again.
Wrong. I gave you you proof that you theory is false and you have intentionally ignored it. You are not spamming this thread trying to cover-up that you are a coward.

I am more than willing to discus things.
No, you are not. You won't discuss this post that I have to keep posting because you keep ignoring it. It is your undoing. It is the nail in your self-righteous coffin.

Paul shows how those who are in Christ have been set free from that which condemns them (The Law). Under the Law, all men are proven sinners.

“Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.” Rom 3:19-20

The Law reveals the deeds of the flesh Gal 5:19-21 Those deeds are NOT evidence of someone who is not saved, because ALL men are found guilty of the deeds of the flesh against the mirror of the Law.

Those who look at the Law and say that they are not guilty are both deceived and self-righteous.

The self-righteous use the Law to compare their deeds with the deeds of others, and they condemn those whose deeds fall short of their own.

Those who trust in the righteousness of God, that they receive as a gift by grace through faith, take their eyes off of the Law, off of themselves and off of others and fix their eyes on Jesus, for they know that apart from Him they are nothing.

It is a man's faith in Christ that is evidence of a believer. Those who look at the Law and the deeds of the flesh as evidence of faith are unbelievers.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Wrong. I gave you you proof that you theory is false and you have intentionally ignored it. You are not spamming this thread trying to cover-up that you are a coward.

No, you are not. You won't discuss this post that I have to keep posting because you keep ignoring it. It is your undoing. It is the nail in your self-righteous coffin.
You miss the point of the question entirely. Is a mans faith revealed by the life he leads? Can a righteous man (made so by Christ and nothing else) lead an immoral life style of continuous sexual immorality (for instance)?

ghost

Hall of Fame
You miss the point of the question entirely.
Not a chance.
Is a mans faith revealed by the life he leads?
Absolutely not. A man's faith is revealed by what he says he believes.
Can a righteous man (made so by Christ and nothing else) lead an immoral life style of continuous sexual immorality (for instance)?
Yes he can, but his life will suffer for it. He will reap what he sows. Again, you are carnally minded. You think that you are better than the next guy, so you compare his behavior against yours and boast just like the Pharisee in the temple.

Cabinetmaker stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this homosexual. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the homosexual, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

I prove you wrong here...

Paul shows how those who are in Christ have been set free from that which condemns them (The Law). Under the Law, all men are proven sinners.

“Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.” Rom 3:19-20

The Law reveals the deeds of the flesh Gal 5:19-21 Those deeds are NOT evidence of someone who is not saved, because ALL men are found guilty of the deeds of the flesh against the mirror of the Law.

Those who look at the Law and say that they are not guilty are both deceived and self-righteous.

The self-righteous use the Law to compare their deeds with the deeds of others, and they condemn those whose deeds fall short of their own.

Those who trust in the righteousness of God, that they receive as a gift by grace through faith, take their eyes off of the Law, off of themselves and off of others and fix their eyes on Jesus, for they know that apart from Him they are nothing.

It is a man's faith in Christ that is evidence of a believer. Those who look at the Law and the deeds of the flesh as evidence of faith are unbelievers.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Not a chance. Absolutely not. A man's faith is revealed by what he says he believes. Yes he can, but his life will suffer for it. He will reap what he sows. Again, you are carnally minded. You think that you are better than the next guy, so you compare his behavior against yours and boast just like the Pharisee in the temple.
I disagree. Going back to your neighbor thread for a moment. I have far more reason to believe that your neighbor knows Christ based on how he lives than I have to believe that you are a Christian based on what you say. You are guilty of a different kind of self-righteousness, that's all. You have never once listened to what I say. Never. You have always judged me based on what you think I say, on what you think I believe, not on what I say or actually believe. That is self-righteousness on your part every single time you say somebody else is going to hell.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I disagree.
Of course you do. You don't believe the Gospel.
Going back to your neighbor thread for a moment. I have far more reason to believe that your neighbor knows Christ based on how he lives than I have to believe that you are a Christian based on what you say.
Then you would have to conclude that Mormons are saved if they behave to your standard of judgment. Paul rejects your view in Romans 2. The Pharisees had all the outward appearance, but Jesus said that what they say reveals what they believe. How you don't know or comprehend this can only be explained by the fact that you agree with the Pharisee.
You are guilty of a different kind of self-righteousness, that's all.
That's just your way of acting childish. Nothing I've ever said on this site hints at righteousness apart from faith in Christ. You have no other recourse than to accuse me of your own problem.
You have never once listened to what I say. Never. You have always judged me based on what you think I say, on what you think I believe, not on what I say or actually believe.
What you believe has been fully expressed in what you say you believe. I do not judge according to the flesh, that is what you do.
That is self-righteousness on your part every single time you say somebody else is going to hell.
Paul told people to go to hell that preach what you preach. You are too proud to admit your error, as you have always been. You would rather stay angry at me because of my insults directed at false teachers than believe the Gospel. You will be without excuse.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is a mans faith revealed by the life he leads?

This has been addessed and shown to you many times, including at least once in this thread.

Matthew 15:11

11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

Like I said, already answered. Ghost is right. You don't care what it says.

11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And precisely how much is that?
You're a moron.

So homosexuals should not be executed for being homosexual?
Sins and crimes are not the same thing.:doh:

How many times do we have to tell you that?

So gays who have been made righteous in Christ go to heaven despite being sexually immoral.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

You don't know scripture well enough to know where it talks about who will not inherit the kingdom of God?!?! Why, I'm dashed!
Yeah, those are in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; apparently you didn't read any further.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Of course you do. You don't believe the Gospel.
Actually, I do. If you have ever paid attention to what I said you would know that I actually agree with you. Bob George taught me much.
ghost said:
Then you would have to conclude that Mormons are saved if they behave to your standard of judgment. Paul rejects your view in Romans 2. The Pharisees had all the outward appearance, but Jesus said that what they say reveals what they believe. How you don't know or comprehend this can only be explained by the fact that you agree with the Pharisee.
Actually, I would conclude no such thing. Works are far to easily faked to be a reliable indicator of faith. But then words are no better. You can say all the right things and still not be a Christian. Words are just a different form of works. Sharing the Gospel is a work.

ghost said:
That's just your way of acting childish. Nothing I've ever said on this site hints at righteousness apart from faith in Christ.
Based on what you have actually said and how you say it, I cannot agree with you. You can and do come across as a self-righteous jerk. Sorry brother, but you do.
ghost said:
You have no other recourse than to accuse me of your own problem. What you believe has been fully expressed in what you say you believe.
Yet you still insist that I am a works based believer when I have said repeatedly that I am not. You believe what you want to believe and act accordingly.
ghost said:
I do not judge according to the flesh, that is what you do.
Of course you do. It is the flesh that sits at keyboards and types. All you can judge is the flesh because it is the flesh that speaks and the flesh that works. As I pointed out above, both works and words can and do lie. Only God can judge the faith in our hearts.
ghost said:
Paul told people to go to hell that preach what you preach.
Paul told people who preach salvation by faith to go to hell. That's new. (See, you once again ignored that I do not teach salvation by works. Never have, never will)
ghost said:
You are too proud to admit your error, as you have always been.
In this particular case, I have made no error.
ghost said:
You would rather stay angry at me because of my insults directed at false teachers than believe the Gospel. You will be without excuse.
I am not nor have I ever been angry at you.You are a brother in Christ and I agree with you - Salvation is by faith and faith alone. Where I disagree with you is in on your stance on works. In your zeal to get people to understand that their salvation is independent of works, you seem as though you are teaching people that they should never do any works. I simply point out to people that there is no reason a person cannot do works as long as they understand the proper relationship between works and salvation - to wit - there is none.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
This has been addessed and shown to you many times, including at least once in this thread.

Like I said, already answered. Ghost is right. You don't care what it says.
You seem to be saying something like this:
Matthew 15:16-20

New International Version (NIV)

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

So it seems that you agree that the a person made righteous by Christ would lead a life that reflects that righteousness.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Sins and crimes are not the same thing.:doh:

How many times do we have to tell you that?
Only once. Provided, of course, that you can prove from scripture that there is a God commanded difference between crime and sin.

Lighthouse said:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Yeah, those are in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; apparently you didn't read any further.
Man oh man, are YOU going to be in trouble with Ghost!!

ghost

Hall of Fame
Only once. Provided, of course, that you can prove from scripture that there is a God commanded difference between crime and sin.
If there is not, then man is unjust to put anyone in jail, and you would be unjust if you ever punished your child for lying.

Why are you so stupid?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
If there is not, then man is unjust to put anyone in jail, and you would be unjust if you ever punished your child for lying.

Why are you so stupid?
Because under the Law of the Profits, there is no difference between sins and crime. Is it illegal for you work on Sunday?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Make a coherent sentence, and I'll try to respond.
Under the Law of the Profits, Old testament law, there was no difference between a sin and a crime. The terms were synonymous. Is it a sin today for you to work on Saturday? Why or why not. Is it a crime today for you to work on Saturday? Why or why not.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Under the Law of the Profits, Old testament law, there was no difference between a sin and a crime. The terms were synonymous. Is it a sin today for you to work on Saturday? Why or why not. Is it a crime today for you to work on Saturday? Why or why not.
Do you mean "Prophets"?

The Gentiles were not under the Law given unto Moses, yet they had sin.

You are making no sense.