toldailytopic: How many good works does it takes to get into heaven?

john w

Hall of Fame
"God has no limits when it comes to conveying His truth. That is what God promised to preserve, His truth, not the words used to convey that truth. "-CabinetMaker

We are attempting to have a debate with a subjectivist-Judges 21:25 KJV.

I'm not that ignorant, to engage him in his sophistry.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Like I said, you are stupid. No one can help you with that.

The verse explicitly proves you wrong.
It only says that governments are authorized by God to enforce God's laws against those that practice evil. Where does God define what evil is and what the proscribed punishment for said evil is to be? In other words, how does the government know what they are supposed to do and to whom they are to do it to?

Joe Lang

How many?
I see an awful lot of counting going on here
Another thread asks how many sins
These questions suggest a lack of understanding of what it takes
Stop counting and start loving your neighbor

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It only says that governments are authorized by God to enforce God's laws against those that practice evil.

Enforce how? Jail time? Is that why they need a sword?

Where does God define what evil is and what the proscribed punishment for said evil is to be?

Exodus 20 and forward.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Nick... CM is completely brain dead. No matter how many times we try and explain the differences between sin that was dealt with between man and God and evil behavior between men, he still can't wrap his carnal mind around it.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Nick... CM is completely brain dead. No matter how many times we try and explain the differences between sin that was dealt with between man and God and evil behavior between men, he still can't wrap his carnal mind around it.
Oh, I get it! Our works can't get us to heaven, they can only be used to judge whether we are moral or not. Hmmm... Slight problem. God is the one and only moral authority. So if we live a moral life we might be accused of being righteous. Wow. That's a tough one...

ghost

Hall of Fame
Oh, I get it! Our works can't get us to heaven, they can only be used to judge whether we are moral or not. Hmmm... Slight problem. God is the one and only moral authority. So if we live a moral life we might be accused of being righteous. Wow. That's a tough one...
No, you don't get it. You don't "get" anything. You're a blithering imbecile. Morality and righteousness have nothing to do with one another. You won't "get" that either. You might as well pack it in now, because hell is your home.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, I get it! Our works can't get us to heaven, they can only be used to judge whether we are moral or not. Hmmm... Slight problem. ...

1 Corinthians 6:12

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

And he isn't talking about ceremonial principles of Israel. It isn't "unhelpful" or harmful to eat shell fish or a pork chop.

Matthew 15:11

11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
No, you don't get it. You don't "get" anything. You're a blithering imbecile. Morality and righteousness have nothing to do with one another. You won't "get" that either. You might as well pack it in now, because hell is your home.
I rather doubt that. Would a righteous man lead an immoral life?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You claim you are righteous, even though you have violated all 10 commandments.
I have been made righteous by Christ, forgiven of all my violations, past present and future, of the ten commandments.

Would a righteous man lead an immoral life?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
So there is your answer. You are immoral, and you claim to be righteous.
So gays who have been made righteous in Christ go to heaven despite being sexually immoral. Rather conflicts with what scripture has to say about it.

ghost

Hall of Fame
You don't know scripture well enough to know where it talks about who will not inherit the kingdom of God?!?! Why, I'm dashed!
I've already proven you wrong about this. YOU sat there and responded to it. Get off the drugs you retard.
Now we know why you are stupid, you don't read my posts.

Prove this wrong verse by verse - point by point. Give it your best shot, pervert (distorter of truth)

Paul shows how those who are in Christ have been set free from that which condemns them (The Law). Under the Law, all men are proven sinners.

“Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.” Rom 3:19-20

The Law reveals the deeds of the flesh Gal 5:19-21 Those deeds are NOT evidence of someone who is not saved, because ALL men are found guilty of the deeds of the flesh against the mirror of the Law.

Those who look at the Law and say that they are not guilty are both deceived and self-righteous.

The self-righteous use the Law to compare their deeds with the deeds of others, and they condemn those whose deeds fall short of their own.

Those who trust in the righteousness of God, that they receive as a gift by grace through faith, take their eyes off of the Law, off of themselves and off of others and fix their eyes on Jesus, for they know that apart from Him they are nothing.

It is a man's faith in Christ that is evidence of a believer. Those who look at the Law and the deeds of the flesh as evidence of faith are unbelievers.