Grand Jury decision for Michael Brown case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I didn't really pay that much attention until I got on Facebook and saw what all my kids' friends (and one of my own kids) was posting. That trash from move on.org and occupy democrates. Total outright lies.

I was shocked to see the cop being called a racist and a murderer....after the grand jury had ruled he was justified. Then I noticed they hated republicans, the wealthy, corporations, big business, all fossil fuels, cops, etc. I'm like, hey, I'm a republican and I support the cops, and I notice you all drive cars, and I notice you all aren't opening up your homes to these border crossers, and I notice you all aren't giving people jobs or paying most of the taxes. Ooh....I've stirred up a hornets nest.

Truth usually has that effect on people...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a good read, Jackson has probably shook up the race pimps quite a bit with this book. I am sure for his endeavor to uncloaking the hypocrisy of the race pimps he will be labeled an Uncle Tom or something of the like...sadly.

Theres a couple chapters in there about not "being black enough" and about successful blacks being called uncle toms and then some...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Theres a couple chapters in there about not "being black enough" and about successful blacks being called uncle toms and then some...

It is sad that some people want to tear others down because they have found success. I have a friend that came to America illegally was picking vegetables locally but, he worked hard to learn the language, got educated in the trades, got himself legal status then citizenship. This man now owns a plumbing company, owns multiple rental homes, has a wife & kids now and was totally maligned by his own countryman because he is not Mexican enough, that he forgot where he came from, and so on. This stigma is not restricted to the black community, whenever someone in the ethnic or racial community is successful there will always be those that want to tear them down or try to make them feel that they have compromised in some way to get to where they are.

glorydaz

It is sad that some people want to tear others down because they have found success. I have a friend that came to America illegally was picking vegetables locally but, he worked hard to learn the language, got educated in the trades, got himself legal status then citizenship. This man now owns a plumbing company, owns multiple rental homes, has a wife & kids now and was totally maligned by his own countryman because he is not Mexican enough, that he forgot where he came from, and so on. This stigma is not restricted to the black community, whenever someone in the ethnic or racial community is successful there will always be those that want to tear them down or try to make them feel that they have compromised in some way to get to where they are.

:thumb:

Arthur Brain

You need to read more of her stuff, then. That, or you're being very selective. Whichever, I don't care.

I've read most of anna's "stuff" and she's not only highly intelligent and eloquent, she doesn't go in for puerile and witless name calling the likes of which you've shown. If you're the definition of a "conservative" then you're an embarrassment to the tag that apparently means so much to you. Thankfully there's plenty who ascribe to such a label that act far more maturely than you, not that you'd care anyway as you say, mores the pity.

musterion

I've read most of anna's "stuff" and she's not only highly intelligent and eloquent,

If by that you mean "emotional and petulant," then I agree. Otherwise you aren't paying attention.

she doesn't go in for puerile and witless name calling the likes of which you've shown.
You shoulda seen her the other day, then.

If you're the definition of a "conservative" then you're an embarrassment to the tag that apparently means so much to you.
It really means little to me. It's just a handy descriptor for conversations like this one. My conservatism is an outgrowth of my Biblical faith, not vice versa (as appears the case with some).

Thankfully
To whom?

there's plenty who ascribe to such a label that act far more maturely than you,
And yet here you are, scolding me like a shrewish harridan. You are actually female, right?

not that you'd care anyway as you say, mores the pity.
You needed an apostrophe in more's. You're welcome.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Arthur schools Musty:
I've read most of anna's "stuff" and she's not only highly intelligent and eloquent, she doesn't go in for puerile and witless name calling the likes of which you've shown. If you're the definition of a "conservative" then you're an embarrassment to the tag that apparently means so much to you. Thankfully there's plenty who ascribe to such a label that act far more maturely than you, not that you'd care anyway as you say, mores the pity.

Musty is an embarrassment to rational conservatives everywhere.

glorydaz

Arthur schools Musty:

Musty is an embarrassment to rational conservatives everywhere.

Maybe you don't realize that rational conservatives aren't embarrassed by the same things liberals are. We kinda like to tell it like it is, while liberals like to tell it like they wish it was. They get embarrassed when someone refuses to play the game of nicey nice....also called the hypocrite's waltz. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

If by that you mean "emotional and petulant," then I agree. Otherwise you aren't paying attention.

Which of course I didn't mean in regards to anna as such descriptors simply wouldn't apply. 'Projection' on the other hand comes to mind in regards to yourself...

You shoulda seen her the other day, then.

I've been friends with anna for a number of years now and count it a privilege to have her as one so I've seen her posts and follow her observations and discussions with regularity. It tickles me when people like you, Nick M and others are reduced to crass name calling and kindergarten antics because your debating arsenal is bereft of any actual substance as response.

It really means little to me. It's just a handy descriptor for conversations like this one. My conservatism is an outgrowth of my Biblical faith, not vice versa (as appears the case with some).

If it means so little to you then why define it as such an important descriptor of people and how they 'act'? Somewhat of a disconnect going on there.

Anyone who values honest debate regardless of any tag or label another ascribes to, hence why there are people I respect who identify as conservatives as they don't simply judge others on affiliation alone.

And yet here you are, scolding me like a shrewish harridan. You are actually female, right?

'Scolding' you? You must have some thin skin or in dire need of a reality check if you think that's what I was doing. I was calling you out on being a crank is what I was doing dude. In regards to your latter I'm a part time llama aviation trainer and stop sign...

You needed an apostrophe in more's. You're welcome.

Whoa, yet another member of the TOL grammar and typo police. Lighthouse would be proud...

Arthur Brain

Maybe you don't realize that rational conservatives aren't embarrassed by the same things liberals are. We kinda like to tell it like it is, while liberals like to tell it like they wish it was. They get embarrassed when someone refuses to play the game of nicey nice....also called the hypocrite's waltz. :chuckle:

Eh, I'm not embarrassed when folk don't play 'nice' and nor do I have any qualms with being blunt myself. An example being that your above is just a crock of stereotypical bias with no foundation in objective fact. Liberals and conservatives can be as honest as they can be equally full of it by way of.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you don't realize that rational conservatives aren't embarrassed by the same things liberals are.

My experience is that they are. Conservatives are no less honest than liberals, on the whole.

We kinda like to tell it like it is, while liberals like to tell it like they wish it was.

Funny thing is, liberals say the opposite. And therein lies the problem.

They get embarrassed when someone refuses to play the game of nicey nice....also called the hypocrite's waltz.

Musty's a liberal?

Don't think so.

Decent conservatives aren't that rare. Sadly, they don't win primaries much any more. Liberals had the same problem in the late 60s and early 70s. Took a lot of hard work to wrest the democratic party back from the weirdos.

Now the conservatives are facing the same challenge. I truly wish them well.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Nick's not familiar with that one.

I truly hope that he gets better someday.

Arthur writes:
Well let's hope he gets better at something at any rate..

No one is completely worthless. Nick's a great bad example.

musterion

I am quite content to be negatively judged by a pro-homosexual idolator like Barbie because I know it counts for nothing before the Throne. :)

IMJerusha

I am quite content to be negatively judged by a pro-homosexual idolator like Barbie because I know it counts for nothing before the Throne. :)

That's right Musterion! "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -- Yeshua, Matthew 7:2 No one believer is better than another.
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." -- Paul, 2 Corinthians 5:10

Status
Not open for further replies.