Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Another question:

If you do accept that you are, on occasion, racist, homophobic, misogynist, or otherwise bigoted as you have been accused, do you:

1. justify it,

2. dismiss it, or

3. apologize and make an effort to stop yourself from being that way going forward?

4. mock the tard who thinks i care what they think of me

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as..

1) Racist
2) Homophobic
3) Misogynist or Misandrist
4) A Bigot

Why or why not?

Discuss.

There's never been a single person in my life who's ever stated or implied any of those things, to me or otherwise, where I haven't immediately concluded with them being a moron.

Bigots are usually the 'bigot', not worshiping women is 'misogyny', being a proper Christian is 'homophobic', even so as far silhouettes being black at ranges are 'racist' , and 'misandry' doesn't exist.

Spare me this big, atrocious wad of mental disorder. If liberals want to submit to that, then go right ahead :rolleyes:

glorydaz

just an observation... a million rep power and u been here? a few months,,, look at Tambora,,many many years and many many studies over 12 years and just 2 million... ect ect ect....

It seems you either do care what others think of you or your the coolest guy I never met....BTW I been watching am an not impressed...

Seriously, Joseph, you don't know what you're talking about. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh goody, the innocent act. :chuckle:

I knew which one we were talking about, but I clarified because of those who are so quick to holler grace in the after life...as if they're freed from any consequences in this life.
So now that we have both agreed we are talking about this life .....
What do you call it when a wife (who is a member of the BOC) has sex with another man other than her husband?
Is it adultery, or not?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another question:

If you do accept that you are, on occasion, racist, homophobic, misogynist, or otherwise bigoted as you have been accused, do you:

1. justify it,

2. dismiss it, or

3. apologize and make an effort to stop yourself from being that way going forward?

I *try* to read what I have written and whether or not it was justified or a lack of communication between myself and the person making the accusation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're the one who said specifically, "a member of the body of Christ", did you not?

Adultery is a sin, is it not?

Where do you see God charging a member of the body of any sin?

I don't, and I won't.
Yes, adultery is a sin.

Sooooooo, Doser's wife committed no sin by having sex with another man that was not her husband?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes it's good, you have to be true to yourself. Sometimes it just becomes self-righteousness. There's a wide range.

If someone becomes so certain of the condition of their heart that what other people might see doesn't matter? Something's wrong. That's being locked in self-righteousness.

I just don't see it as an ether/or. For me, it's very situational.

The thing is that I'm none of those things that Angel mentioned in the OP. A lot of people I know say that I am because I don't embrace their views on those things. Nothing I can say or do will convince them that I'm not any of those things because I don't agree with their views.

Am I supposed to pretend that I agree with them? No. And, I won't. So, if they want to think that I'm one or more of those things, I'm at the point in life that I don't care any more. :)

glorydaz

Yes, adultery is a sin.

Sooooooo, Doser's wife committed no sin by having sex with another man that was not her husband?

I don't give a rip what Doser's wife did. Unlike you, I'm not obsessed with Doser and his personal problems.

Had I known you were fishing for some dirt on Doser, I'd have refused to answer you at all. I suspected some ulterior motive, but not one as low as that. Sad.

I am saying God does not, nor do I, accuse any member of the body of Christ of any sin whatsoever.

glorydaz

The thing is that I'm none of those things that Angel mentioned in the OP. A lot of people I know say that I am because I don't embrace their views on those things. Nothing I can say or do will convince them that I'm not any of those things because I don't agree with their views.

Am I supposed to pretend that I agree with them? No. And, I won't. So, if they want to think that I'm one or more of those things, I'm at the point in life that I don't care any more. :)

Excellent post, Nori. :thumb:

ClimateSanity

Yes, adultery is a sin.

She said God has not charged her with any sin. There is no sin for those who are in Christ. That's why Paul tell us repeatedly to actually walk like who we are. There would be no admonition if there were no one in the body acting badly.

bybee

I for one, love you just as you are! In every way over the years here on TOL you have shown yourself to be a true Christian woman.
God bless you Nori!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't give a rip what Doser's wife did. Unlike you, I'm not obsessed with Doser and his personal problems.

Had I known you were fishing for some dirt on Doser, I'd have refused to answer you at all. I suspected some ulterior motive, but not one as low as that. Sad.

I am saying God does not, nor do I, accuse any member of the body of Christ of any sin whatsoever.
Doser is the one that has brought up his wife's adultery several times.
Just because his wife happens to fall into that category doesn't mean the general consensuses of adultery is to be avoided.
Either a wife having sex with another man other than her husband is adultery, or it is not.
Doser says his wife committed adultery.
Is he right to call it adultery, or is he wrong?

glorydaz

Doser is the one that has brought up his wife's adultery several times.
Just because his wife happens to fall into that category doesn't mean the general consensuses of adultery is to be avoided.
Either a wife having sex with another man other than her husband is adultery, or it is not.
Doser says his wife committed adultery.
Is he right to call it adultery, or is he wrong?

Seriously, Tam. What Doser says about his wife is not my business.

Are you wrong to say God charges believers with sin?
I am interested in hearing your answer to that, because once you answer that, it may help you get over this obsession you have with Doser.

Status
Not open for further replies.