Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seriously, Tam. What Doser says about his wife is not my business.
Is every woman that does anything wrong not your business, or is it just Doser's wife?

But you won't even answer the general question when Doser's wife isn't mentioned.
So don't use Doser's wife as a cop out to not answer.

Are you wrong to say God charges believers with sin?
That's what I'm asking you.
Was it wrong for Doser to charge his wife with adultery (sin)?
Cause I don't recall one time that you said anything to Doser about not charging a believer with sin when he specifically charged his believing wife with adultery.

But that's OK.
You can now let every husband (with a believing wife that has had sex with another man) whether or not they should be charged with adultery or not.

So, should a believing wife be charged with adultery when she has sex with man other than her husband?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is every woman that does anything wrong not your business, or is it just Doser's wife?

But you won't even answer the general question when Doser's wife isn't mentioned.

Cause I don't recall one time that you said anything to Doser about not charging a believer with sin when he specifically charged his believing wife with adultery.

But that's OK.
You can now let every husband (with a believing wife that has had sex with another man) whether or not they should be charged with adultery or not.

So, should a believing wife be charged with adultery when she has sex with man other than her husband?

The avoidance of answering this question is quite telling. Adultery is cheating. Whether or not someone is a Christian or non-Christian, IF they have sex with someone other than their spouse, it's adultery.

glorydaz

I feel I can talk about the actions of hypothetical people and hypothetical cases. Put a name on them and I become a gossip. If you don't like that, it's not my problem. :idunno:

I did answer the general question, and you don't like my answer apparently. Members of the body of Christ cannot be charged with sin. Period. God doesn't do it and neither will I.

That's right, and you won't find me entering into any of your gossiping fests.

But that's OK.

Asked and answered.

glorydaz

The avoidance of answering this question is quite telling. Adultery is cheating. Whether or not someone is a Christian or non-Christian, IF they have sex with someone other than their spouse, it's adultery.

It is quite telling, but I certainly don't expect you to hear what I said, Rush.

Romans 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.​

PureX

In the same way that alcoholics are often the last to realize that they are alcoholic, bigots are likewise the last to grasp and admit that they are bigots. So I'm curious about all you folks who claim you know yourselves better than anyone else, … what makes you so sure? After all, lots of people in this world are convinced that they are someone very different from who they actually are.

I bet nearly every man and woman in Congress thinks they are basically a good person doing a good job, all the while they're taking bribes and kickbacks to pass legislation that favors corporate lobbyists and campaign contributors and screws the American people, they're behaving like overgrown toddlers whenever they don't get their way or someone dares to contradict them, and they're maintaining a pathetically low approval rating year after year after year among even their own constituents. Yet none of this seems to effect their concept of themselves. They manage to deflect and dismiss all criticism from huge numbers of people.

So how do you know that you're not just doing the same thing?

glorydaz

In the same way that alcoholics are often the last to realize that they are alcoholic, bigots are likewise the last to grasp and admit that they are bigots. So I'm curious about all you folks who claim you know yourselves better than anyone else, … what makes you so sure? After all, lots of people in this world are convinced that they are someone very different from who they actually are.

An alcoholic knows he's a drunk, he just won't admit it out loud to others. They make excuses....just as bigots do.

I bet nearly every man and woman in Congress thinks they are basically a good person doing a good job, all the while they're taking bribes and kickbacks to pass legislation that favors corporate lobbyists and campaign contributors and screws the American people, they're behaving like overgrown toddlers whenever they don't get their way or someone dares to contradict them, and they're maintaining a pathetically low approval rating year after year after year among even their own constituents. Yet none of this seems to effect their concept of themselves. They manage to deflect and dismiss all criticism from huge numbers of people.

They know they aren't good people doing a good job. They just won't admit it.

So how do you know that you're not just doing the same thing?

Because I have no problem admitting the things I do that are wrong. But, I sure won't admit something I know is not true.

bybee

An alcoholic knows he's a drunk, he just won't admit it out loud to others. They make excuses....just as bigots do.

Because I have no problem admitting the things I do that are wrong. But, I sure won't admit something I know is not true.

Ah frailty....

bybee

It makes me curious though.

I can't recall ever reading you make a self-critical remark. Have you? What things do you ever admit to doing or being wrong about?

Or was that statement more of a hypocritical hypothetical, if it ever happened sort of thing?

It was a chillingly telling comment. An SS stormtrooper made such an assertion when brought to trial after WWII.

PureX

That's simply untrue. Many alcoholics will go for years being oblivious to their own drinking problem. I can remember a guy who lost so many jobs because of his drinking that he was basically unemployable, had lost his driver's license for years at a time because of his DUIs, and had lost his family because of his drinking as well. Yet when I asked him why he drank so much, he was convinced in his own mind that it was BECAUSE of all those things that he drank! And not the other way around. He really believed that he was not an alcoholic: that he was just a "victim of bad luck", and so he drank a bit, justifiably, he thought, as a result.

I'm serious. I bet almost anyone here who has dealt with an alcoholic will confirm this same observation. In my own case I used to be really clever about it, as I would admit to people that accused me of being an alcoholic that I was an alcoholic, but that it meant nothing to me: that it was a personal peculiarity, like having brown hair or blue eyes. And I totally believed that! For decades!
No, I think they really believe their own lies. Just as most people do!
You can only admit to those things that you can recognize having done wrong. But what about the things you aren't aware of yourself doing wrong, like assuming that people you don't even know are deserving of contempt?

You believe you always know you're own motives. And yet in believing this, you have provided yourself an excuse never to doubt or test your own assumptions. That seems pretty self-justifying, to me. :think:

glorydaz

That's simply untrue. Many alcoholics will go for years being oblivious to their own drinking problem. I can remember a guy who lost so many jobs because of his drinking that he was basically unemployable, had lost his driver's license for years at a time because of his DUIs, and had lost his family because of his drinking as well. Yet when I asked him why he drank so much, he was convinced in his own mind that it was BECAUSE of all those things that he drank! And not the other way around. He really believed that he was not an alcoholic: that he was just a "victim of bad luck", and so he drank a bit, justifiably, he thought, as a result.

I'm serious. I bet almost anyone here who has dealt with an alcoholic will confirm this same observation. In my own case I used to be really clever about it, as I would admit to people that accused me of being an alcoholic that I was an alcoholic, but that it meant nothing to me: that it was a personal peculiarity, like having brown hair or blue eyes. And I totally believed that! For decades!
No, I think they really believe their own lies. Just as most people do!

I've lived with alcoholics for years. How many times do they swear they're going to quit? They wouldn't do that if they had any doubt about their problem. They absolutely know they are alcoholics. A person can lie to themselves on the outside, but deep down they KNOW.

You can only admit to those things that you can recognize having done wrong. But what about the things you aren't aware of yourself doing wrong, like assuming that people you don't even know are deserving of contempt?

Sounds to me like you're doing some assuming of your own. People hold their opinions and know why they hold them....of course whether someone decides whether something is right or wrong is based upon a particular set of morals. It's not like people are unaware that their thinking is "wrong", they just don't agree with you that it's wrong.

You believe you always know you're own motives. And yet in believing this, you have provided yourself an excuse never to doubt or test your own assumptions. That seems pretty self-justifying, to me. :think:

Yes, I do always know my own motives. I know when I'm doing something for selfish reasons, for instance, and then must make a decision whether to allow myself that or not. It isn't like I'm fooling myself.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A 'bigot' is amost always the person shouting it in current society. I remember when Stephen Fry went to Russia to discuss homosexual rights and, while the other man was trying to be cordial, he was already shouting 'bigot' and acting like a pompous moron before the man got two paragraphs out.

That's bigotry. Bigotry is not exclusive to those not liberal in their philosophy. In fact, they are demonstrably the biggest ones of all. IF you're going to hum that nonsense at everybody all day everyday, marching on people who disagree with you- you're the bigot.
So stop spamming the word like it's supposed to mean something :rolleyes:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I feel I can talk about the actions of hypothetical people and hypothetical cases. Put a name on them and I become a gossip. If you don't like that, it's not my problem. :idunno:

I did answer the general question, and you don't like my answer apparently. Members of the body of Christ cannot be charged with sin. Period. God doesn't do it and neither will I.

That's right, and you won't find me entering into any of your gossiping fests.

Asked and answered.
So then, you believe a husband is wrong to charge his believing wife with adultery when she has sex with another man.
So by extension, you believe Doser was wrong to charge his believing wife with adultery.

Easy peasy to clear that up.

glorydaz

So then, you believe a husband is wrong to charge his believing wife with adultery when she has sex with another man.
So by extension, you believe Doser was wrong to charge his believing wife with adultery.

Easy peasy to clear that up.

You can stop trying to put words in my mouth any day now. You're acting like Elo when I try to explain to him about our not being under the law and how sin is not accounted to the believer. Surely you aren't that clueless. :think:

I would NEVER presume, nor would I dare, to tell Musty, for instance, whether he could or should accuse his wife of adultery or anything else. If I were to do that, then I'd have to go around and tell him he was committing adultery if he even looked at a woman with lust in his eyes. So, keep your obsession to yourself, Tam, I'm not biting.

If you want to discuss this, rather than gossip about Doser, start a thread in ECT where I can present my reasons to reasonable people, and see if they get it.

glorydaz

It makes me curious though.

I can't recall ever reading you make a self-critical remark. Have you? What things do you ever admit to doing or being wrong about?

Or was that statement more of a hypocritical hypothetical, if it ever happened sort of thing?

Well, you could always ask my family, they know. Or you could ask those who post in ECT, and see if they can remember when I admitted how I was wrong about John W, or how I was wrong about thinking M, M, L, and John were written to us. Or how I was mistaken for thinking someone was saying what they weren't. I'm not going to waste my time proving anything to you, Town. You're too intent on trying to convince people I'm too stupid (thick) or have some syndrome, because I fail to see the things you pontificate on are gems of genius.

You simply aren't worth much effort from me. :carryon:

glorydaz

A 'bigot' is amost always the person shouting it in current society. I remember when Stephen Fry went to Russia to discuss homosexual rights and, while the other man was trying to be cordial, he was already shouting 'bigot' and acting like a pompous moron before the man got two paragraphs out.

That's bigotry. Bigotry is not exclusive to those not liberal in their philosophy. In fact, they are demonstrably the biggest ones of all. IF you're going to hum that nonsense at everybody all day everyday, marching on people who disagree with you- you're the bigot.
So stop spamming the word like it's supposed to mean something :rolleyes:

:thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...you could ask those who post in ECT, and see if they can remember when I admitted how I was wrong about John W, or how I was wrong about thinking M, M, L, and John were written to us. Or how I was mistaken for thinking someone was saying what they weren't.
No need. I believe you. I was more interested in an admission of flaw than mistaking a judgment. I mean, considering where we started and where we are now that's established, no matter which side you look at it from, but I think it's healthy in any sense, so good to know.

I'm not going to waste my time proving anything to you, Town...You simply aren't worth much effort from me. :carryon:
Yes. Your lack of effort is apparent. Post after post. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.