Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Reputation is what others think of you.

Character is who you are when it's just you and God.

Matt. 5:16

It matters what others think of you as far as it affects your witness.

Some people could care less about that and no matter what level of integrity and sincerity you have, it will be called into question by those who hate Him.

He is the only one who defines me, so my answer to all 4 is no, i don't care what they think or accuse me of, unless its so before God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I care, but not enough to shy away from a deeply held belief or feeling that I have. I take it as feedback, data. What I'm saying is that just being called a name like one of these isn't enough in and of itself to quiet me down on a matter. I'll proceed cautiously but I'll proceed; with the ultimate goal being that I either prove that the name is being wrongly employed, or, that I'm seeing the situation wrongly. I tend to go into such a thing with the idea that I'm probably seeing things wrongly, but I've been wrong about being wrong before.

RCLady

Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as..

1) Racist
2) Homophobic
3) Misogynist or Misandrist
4) A Bigot

Why or why not?

Discuss.

What a person believes is going to determine how they behave. Now for someone who has the supernatural faith of Jesus Christ and puts that faith into practice by making it her #1 priority to obey in all things the laws of Christ and of His Church, that person is not bothered by accusations which are untrue.

theophilus

Some people could care less about that and no matter what level of integrity and sincerity you have, it will be called into question by those who hate Him.

He is the only one who defines me, so my answer to all 4 is no, i don't care what they think or accuse me of, unless its so before God.

1 John 3:19-23

There will always be haters, so...

1 John 4:4-6

:)

john w

Hall of Fame
"Intra dispensational" principle, regardless of the issue:

Galatians 1:10 KJV "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

1 Thessalonians 2:4 KJV "but as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."

glorydaz

"Intra dispensational" principle, regardless of the issue:

Galatians 1:10 KJV "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

1 Thessalonians 2:4 KJV "but as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."

There ya go....just the verses I was looking for. :thumb:

If we're pleasing most posters on here, we're doing something wrong. :)

john w

Hall of Fame
My father used to say, "If you don't like what folks are saying about you; change your ways".

My father use to say, when I asked him to "send money," in college:

"If the phone don't ring, John, you'll know that it's me." Wait...That is what chicks tell me....

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does that apply to being a homophobic bigot by nature of being a conservative christian who believes homosexual sex is sin who says yes, they agree its sin when asked?

Should they change their ways and become more like the world?
If you don't want to be talked about that way, yes.

Otherwise, just accept that sometimes we are racist, and sometimes we are bigots, and sometimes we are hypocrites, and sometimes we spin the truth.

I don't think any of us are perfectly immune from such things at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.