Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In America left of centre means liberal in morals but it is not so in Britain [they are all immoral] so I am very annoyed at being thought liberal

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So then, you believe a husband is wrong to charge his believing wife with adultery when she has sex with another man.
So by extension, you believe Doser was wrong to charge his believing wife with adultery.

Easy peasy to clear that up.

You can stop trying to put words in my mouth any day now.
You do agree that a believing wife should not be charged with adultery when she has sex with a man that is not her husband, don't you?
Either it is wrong for a husband to charge his believing wife with adultery, or it isn't.

How about lying?
It is OK to charge a believer of being a liar?

glorydaz

You do agree that a believing wife should not be charged with adultery when she has sex with a man that is not her husband, don't you?

Charge with sin and believer do not belong in the same sentence.

You act like you've never heard this concept before. There is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are IN Christ Jesus.

You can ask me these same foolish questions over and over again, and I'll keep telling you the same thing. Why is it you keep trying to get me to put any believer under the law? Have you slid into unbelief?

Either it is wrong for a husband to charge his believing wife with adultery, or it isn't.

It isn't wrong for a husband to tell his wife she's done something wrong. Nor is it wrong for a wife to tell him when he does something wrong. Don't you believe the Lord took care of the SIN problem on the cross? I thought you did. :think:

How about lying?
It is OK to charge a believer of being a liar?

Okay with who? If a person is lying, say so. Charging a believer with a sin is outside your pay grade ....as it is mine.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How did you determine that?
Or is that just yet another of your unfounded conspiracies?

Do you know what a person is who jumps straight to accusations and derogatory names simply because another has a different viewpoint than them?

A bigot. Y'all.

Doing all that shouting and self-righteous, PC nonsense.. get real. 'Bigot' doesn't even do that enough justice. I've been sitting here watching you all scramble over every post trying to label people what you will, finding fault, digging up bones, not allowing anything contrary to be properly discussed.. it all has to fit into you few's ideology or, in yall's own opinion, shouldn't even be on the site. You all try to get people banned and slander others daily.

You all are the 'bigots'. You've been railing on CS for like a week now- you thrive on it. Don't sit there and try to act like it isn't the truth, it was evident shortly after I joined the site.
So you can just go on with all that, talking about 'conspiracy theory'. You all are the prime examples! :wave:

PureX

I've lived with alcoholics for years. How many times do they swear they're going to quit? They wouldn't do that if they had any doubt about their problem. They absolutely know they are alcoholics. A person can lie to themselves on the outside, but deep down they KNOW.
The fact that they think they CAN quit shows that they don't realize they are alcoholic. They still think they are "in control" of it.
It's not like people are unaware that their thinking is "wrong", they just don't agree with you that it's wrong.
That doesn't even make sense. If they they think they're right, they think they're right. They can't think they're right and be aware that they're wrong at the same time.

People deceive themselves all the time because they believe what they want to believe and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.
Yes, I do always know my own motives. I know when I'm doing something for selfish reasons, for instance, and then must make a decision whether to allow myself that or not. It isn't like I'm fooling myself.
How would you know if you were deceiving yourself? Like I said, people do it all the time, and you are 'people'. So what makes you think you aren't doing it, too? Thinking that you are not deceiving yourself could very easily be something you believe because you ignore all evidence to the contrary. Just like everyone else, does when they deceive themselves.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you know what a person is who jumps straight to accusations and derogatory names simply because another has a different viewpoint than them?
I would love to know what you call yourself when you do that.

A bigot. Y'all.
Hello bigot!

Doing all that shouting and self-righteous, PC nonsense.. get real. 'Bigot' doesn't even do that enough justice. I've been sitting here watching you all scramble over every post trying to label people what you will, finding fault, digging up bones, not allowing anything contrary to be properly discussed.. it all has to fit into you few's ideology or, in yall's own opinion, shouldn't even be on the site. You all try to get people banned and slander others daily.
Hello bigot, even though "bigot" doesn't even do that enough justice.

You all are the 'bigots'. You've been railing on CS for like a week now- you thrive on it. Don't sit there and try to act like it isn't the truth, it was evident shortly after I joined the site.
So you can just go on with all that, talking about 'conspiracy theory'. You all are the prime examples! :wave:
Slinging insults instead of giving an explanation of what YOU just threw up in the air, and expected no one to challenge you on YOUR own words.

So funny how someone on your side of the issue can go on railing about Town, Rusha, and Anna FOR YEARS, and you don't seem to care as long as they are on your side.
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

bybee

I would love to know what you call yourself when you do that.

Hello bigot!

Hello bigot, even though "bigot" doesn't even do that enough justice.

Slinging insults instead of giving an explanation of what YOU just threw up in the air, and expected no one to challenge you on YOUR own words.

So funny how someone on your side of the issue can go on railing about Town, Rusha, and Anna FOR YEARS, and you don't seem to care as long as they are on your side.
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Amen Sister!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Charge with sin and believer do not belong in the same sentence.
So, adultery is no longer a sin if you are a believer?

You act like you've never heard this concept before. There is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are IN Christ Jesus.
.... who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

You can ask me these same foolish questions over and over again, and I'll keep telling you the same thing.
There is nothing foolish about asking if it is adultery for a wife to have sex with another man.
Scripture tells us it is adultery.
I believe scripture.

Why is it you keep trying to get me to put any believer under the law?
So, a husband that charges his believing wife with adultery is putting her under the law, huh?
I guess Doser shouldn't have done that to his wife.

Have you slid into unbelief?
I still believe adultery is adultery.
Do you?

It isn't wrong for a husband to tell his wife she's done something wrong. Nor is it wrong for a wife to tell him when he does something wrong.
Adultery, GD.
Should a husband charge his believing wife with adultery?
Doser has charged his wife with adultery.
Was he right or wrong to charge her with adultery, which scripture says is a sin?

Don't you believe the Lord took care of the SIN problem on the cross? I thought you did. :think:
He certainly did.

So, should any husband charge his believing wife with adultery (which is a sin), like Doser has done on several occasions?

Okay with who? If a person is lying, say so.
Lying is a sin.
Should you charge a believer with sin (lying)?

Charging a believer with a sin is outside your pay grade ....as it is mine.
Then why do you do it?
And why do you not tell those on your own side that they are wrong for doing so?

All a believers sins that he has committed in the past, the present, and the future are covered.
But that doesn't mean you haven't committed sin in the past, the present, and the future.
If it isn't sin when you do it, then there would be nothing to cover.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I feel I can talk about the actions of hypothetical people and hypothetical cases. Put a name on them and I become a gossip.
Putting a name to someone that sins is not gossip, it's truth.
Unless you think Doser was just being a gossip when he told us on several occasions that his believing wife committed adultery.

Members of the body of Christ cannot be charged with sin. Period. God doesn't do it and neither will I.
And yet, you continue to charge believers with lying (a sin).
And you call them by name.

Why is it OK for you to charge a believer by name with lying (sin), but not OK to charge a believer by name with adultery (sin)?

You fail to notice your own hypocrisy.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I find it extremely useful and helpful, in reading through this thread, that the Church's Magisterium distinguishes between objective moral offenses like adultery, and the imputation of the guilt of that offense to the offender.

They teach that we can and should judge moral offenses, since they are objectively observable. But they also teach that nobody can determine how guilty the offender is of their offense, because that is judging their soul, which is beyond our ability to do.

PureX

I find it extremely useful and helpful, in reading through this thread, that the Church's Magisterium distinguishes between objective moral offenses like adultery, and the imputation of the guilt of that offense to the offender.

They teach that we can and should judge moral offenses, since they are objectively observable. But they also teach that nobody can determine how guilty the offender is of their offense, because that is judging their soul, which is beyond our ability to do.
I think that's because at one time, the church acted as the government. So you're seeing the difference between the laws and determinations that are necessary to govern our behavior relative to society, and the spiritual "sinfulness" that determine our relationship with the divine.

When the church was in charge of both of these, they had to develop two different positions, regarding them. Now days the church does not govern human social behavior, and so should only be concerned with "sinfulness", which according to the church, we are supposed to let God assess as only God is capable of doing so. (Though it seems there are many Christians around who just can't resist doing it, anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.