Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as..

1) Racist
2) Homophobic
3) Misogynist or Misandrist
4) A Bigot

Why or why not?

Discuss.

I care only where such misperceptions might negatively impact any rapport needed between myself and another where our getting from point a to point b together might be concerned.

But even then, such rapport is a two way street, and all sorts of things often end up in its way.

At which point, if such is unresolvable, it then becomes best, not so much to completely shut the door on all hope for such rapport down the road one day, but to simply put it on the backburner of my mind and move on at some point.

To me, this is what then truly allows the Apostle Paul's "godly sorrow, not to be repented of."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since its not a phrase im familiar with, that is how i took it.
That's OK.
It more or less means that if you are not satisfied with yourself, but want to be what others want you to be, then change your ways.
Which is why the statement starts out with "if".

Sometimes, I'm mean.
I chose to be that way sometimes because I think it is the best way to respond at times.
So I don't overreact when someone calls me mean sometimes.
That's what I was going for!!!

IF I didn't ever want to be called mean, then I should change my ways.
But I don't want to change just so I will never have the label of "mean".
Sometimes "mean" is exactly what I'm trying to be!

Oh, and sometimes I'm nice!
But I don't want that to be my only label either!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's OK.
It more or less means that if you are not satisfied with yourself, but want to be what others want you to be, then change your ways.
Which is why the statement starts out with "if".

Sometimes, I'm mean.
I chose to be that way sometimes because I think it is the best way to respond at times.
So I don't overreact when someone calls me mean sometimes.
That's what I was going for!!!

IF I didn't ever want to be called mean, then I should change my ways.
But I don't want to change just so I will never have the label of "mean".
Sometimes "mean" is exactly what I'm trying to be!

Oh, and sometimes I'm nice!
But I don't want that to be my only label either!

And sometimes people accuse people of being something they arent, also.

Thanks for explaining :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes it bothers me, and sometimes it doesn't.
I don't feel the need to place myself only in one or the other.

For me, whether or not an accusation bothers me normally depends on who is making it. For example, I have been repeatedly accused by a certain user of only standing up against domestic violence if the victim is a woman. He/she pretends to miss all of the times I have stated "men and women should not hit one another".

The fact of the matter is ... the accusation just shows the accuser of having no integrity due to his/her own personal grudge.

Motives matter.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For me, whether or not an accusation bothers me normally depends on who is making it. For example, I have been repeatedly accused by a certain user of only standing up against domestic violence if the victim is a woman. He/she pretends to miss all of the times I have stated "men and women should not hit one another".

The fact of the matter is ... the accusation just shows the accuser of having no integrity due to his/her own personal grudge.

Motives matter.
It's easy to find fault with folks, real or imagined.
Easy peasy.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't agree with that. There are many things we were, but aren't anymore.

1 Cor. 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​
You think that's talking about the flesh bodies we live in now?

That would mean that any one that has done any of those things after they were saved, lost their salvation.

musterion

1) Racist
2) Homophobic
4) A Bigot

Why or why not?

Discuss.

Someone in my own family or circle of friends? I'd care enough to find out what gave them the impression.

A stranger on the internet? Not really.

musterion

It's possible to have friends over the internet. Those who really know you would know you're not any of those things (assuming you're really not). Even those who aren't friends but still know you, would know it. Either way, there'd be nothing to explain to them.

It's the ones who label you falsely simply because you disagree on this or that, who are the problem. They don't want any explanation from you because they either know you're not any of those things they call you (they're dishonest) or they're unhinged. Explanations are a waste of time in either case, as is being bothered by them.

Just my view of things. Others will likely disagree, but they're all Nazis.

glorydaz

You think that's talking about the flesh bodies we live in now?

That would mean that any one that has done any of those things after they were saved, lost their salvation.

Such were some of you.....such was I. I most certainly am no longer what I was. And in no way does it mean that we would lose our salvation because Paul goes on to speak of our being washed, sanctified, and justified....no longer under the law. Our righteousness is no longer tied to what we do. Being dead to sin, and no longer under the power of sin means we are no longer what we were (when we were under the power of sin and were not dead to sin and were still under the law).

1 Cor. 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

glorydaz

It's possible to have friends over the internet. Those who really know you would know you're not any of those things (assuming you're really not). Even those who aren't friends but still know you, would know it. Either way, there'd be nothing to explain to them.

It's the ones who label you falsely simply because you disagree on this or that, who are the problem. They don't want any explanation from you because they either know you're not any of those things they call you (they're dishonest) or they're unhinged. Explanations are a waste of time in either case, as is being bothered by them.

Just my view of things. Others will likely disagree, but they're all Nazis.

:thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Such were some of you.....such was I. I most certainly am no longer what I was. And in no way does it mean that we would lose our salvation because Paul goes on to speak of our being washed, sanctified, and justified....no longer under the law. Our righteousness is no longer tied to what we do. Being dead to sin, and no longer under the power of sin means we are no longer what we were (when we were under the power of sin and were not dead to sin and were still under the law).

Are you trying to say that a wife (in the BOC) is not committing adultery when she has sex with another man other than her husband because they are no longer under the law?

glorydaz

Are you trying to say that a wife (in the BOC) is not committing adultery when she has sex with another man other than her husband because they are no longer under the law?

No, I'm saying we are not what we were before we were saved.

Are you trying to say we are?

I was giving you the reason why we aren't...that we are no longer under the power of sin as we were before we were created as new creatures IN Christ Jesus.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I'm saying we are not what we were before we were saved.

Are you trying to say we are?

I was giving you the reason why we aren't...that we are no longer under the power of sin as we were before we were created as new creatures IN Christ Jesus.
So what do you call it when a wife (in the BOC, ie. saved) has sex with another man other than her husband?
It's still adultery, isn't it?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1) Racist
2) Homophobic
4) A Bigot

Why or why not?

Discuss.
If I don't deal with the people, face-to-face, on a regular basis, I don't care what they think of me. And, generally, I don't really care whether people I know think I'm one of the above. When someone calls me one of the above, it's generally because I don't agree with their views on the above topics.

Chances are that they're not going to change my mind or that I'm going to change theirs. So, why worry about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.