Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

The fact that they think they CAN quit shows that they don't realize they are alcoholic. They still think they are "in control" of it.

They are in control of it. They are the only ones who can make up their mind to stop drinking. And....people do it all the time.

That doesn't even make sense. If they they think they're right, they think they're right. They can't think they're right and be aware that they're wrong at the same time.

People do what they know to be wrong all the time.

People deceive themselves all the time because they believe what they want to believe and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

They choose to do wrong because they like what they're doing. Some even like doing it because it's wrong.

How would you know if you were deceiving yourself? Like I said, people do it all the time, and you are 'people'. So what you think you aren't doing it, too? Thinking that you are not deceiving yourself could very easily be something you believe because you ignore all evidence to the contrary. Just like everyone else, does when they deceive themselves.

Because I understand the difference between wanting to do right, not wanting to do right, and knowing when we have the power to do what is right.

glorydaz

And the non-priestly class also.

But make sure GD doesn't charge them with any sin.
And make sure she mention any names, cause that would be gossip.
:D

I do find it interesting how you have been able to include me in your obsession with Doser. You'd do well to get over your personal vendetta....it's spreading like a cancer. And it's uglier than anything I've seen from Doser.

glorydaz

So, adultery is no longer a sin if you are a believer?

.... who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Guess you missed this part. Believers are not in the flesh.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

If it isn't sin when you do it, then there would be nothing to cover.

There is nothing to cover. The work of the cross is finished.

I can see you don't believe we're not under the law and are not "free from sin", as Paul teaches.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Who shall bring charges against the elect?
Tam and friends. I got it. :think:

In the same way, you don't believe God answers prayer today. We disagree. But, go ahead and get praise from Rusha etal. Won't bother me at all if you impress the world.

bybee

Guess you missed this part. Believers are not in the flesh.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

There is nothing to cover. The work of the cross is finished.

I can see you don't believe we're not under the law and are not "free from sin", as Paul teaches.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Who shall bring charges against the elect?
Tam and friends. I got it. :think:

In the same way, you don't believe God answers prayer today. We disagree. But, go ahead and get praise from Rusha etal. Won't bother me at all if you impress the world.

Dear Lord help this person to know Thy will for her.

ClimateSanity

They are in control of it. They are the only ones who can make up their mind to stop drinking. And....people do it all the time.

My dad got a DUI in the parking lot where he was a grocery manager. He had just bought beer and was backing out of a space and hit a patrol car. They did a Breathalyzer on him and handcuffed him while his employees laughed at him from inside the store. He spent one night in jail and my mom paid a hefty fine to get him out. It cost him alot of money. He felt humiliated and knew he was headed for the gutter if be didn't do something. My mom asked him what he was going to do. He threw out the beer he just bought and never drank any alcohol ever again.

ClimateSanity

The thing is that his quitting cold turkey changed his personality. He was always the life of the party before. Ever since his quitting, he is never jovial and laughing all the time like before. He is more religious than ever. He attends mass every day and is always doing some kind of church function.

glorydaz

My dad got a DUI in the parking lot where he was a grocery manager. He had just bought beer and was backing out of a space and hit a patrol car. They did a Breathalyzer on him and handcuffed him while his employees laughed at him from inside the store. He spent one night in jail and my mom paid a hefty fine to get him out. It cost him alot of money. He felt humiliated and knew he was headed for the gutter if be didn't do something. My mom asked him what he was going to do. He threw out the beer he just bought and never drank any alcohol ever again.

My dad was an alcoholic his whole life. And he was a bad one, too. When my mom finally got some divorce papers, put them up in the cupboard and told him she would file if he didn't stop....he did. Cold turkey and it shocked all of us. We kept expecting him to go off the wagon...he never did.

There are lots of cases like that, so I'm not buying this nonsense that they can't stop on their own. It's just an excuse.

bybee

I do find it interesting how you have been able to include me in your obsession with Doser. You'd do well to get over your personal vendetta....it's spreading like a cancer. And it's uglier than anything I've seen from Doser.

Dear Lord please help this person to see where the ugly is coming from.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do find it interesting how you have been able to include me in your obsession with Doser. You'd do well to get over your personal vendetta....it's spreading like a cancer.
And it's uglier than anything I've seen from Doser.
Again, Doser is the one that has charged his wife with adultery here many times.
Talking about what he has brought up on several occasions is not obsession.
He likes people talking about it.
That's why he has brought it up so many times.
And even laughed and had a good time bringing it up, over and over.

Or maybe you don't really believe what you claim you do, that a believer shouldn't be charged with any sin.
If you did, you would say something to him about how wrong it was for him to do such a thing.
So don't lecture me about charging a believer with sin, unless you intend to lecture him also.
He is the one that specifically charged her with adultery, not me.
And has done so several times over the years.

The cancer spreading is from you, with your double-standard, and your obsession with taking up for Doser even when he goes against what you believe.

And you are glaringly silent with his obsession over Town, Rusha, and Anna.
Your obsession with Doser has even caused you to start questioning and even denying the faith of believers on this site.
That's getting pretty low.

And to go even lower, you have now jumped on Doser's band-wagaon obsession claiming that Town is only a pretend lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.