Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

I called you a racist bigot, did it bother you, or not, and why.

Do you understand the discussion yet?
For a second time, it would not bother me. Why? Because my actions do not reflect those things, therefore, I can safely assume that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you don't want to be talked about that way, yes.

So believers who follow the word but are bothered by what others say (be it true or not), they should follow the others instead of God?

Otherwise, just accept that sometimes we are racist, and sometimes we are bigots, and sometimes we are hypocrites, and sometimes we spin the truth.

I don't think any of us are perfectly immune from such things at all times.

And a lot of times people aren't those things at all but these days are falsely accused to create false guilt to force them to be like the world.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do you care if someone else accuses you of or sees you as..

1) Racist
2) Homophobic
3) Misogynist or Misandrist
4) A Bigot

Why or why not?

Discuss.
It would depend on the person and the why of it. We're all capable of saying something thoughtless or inferring a thing unintended, so if the impression was rooted in my error it would concern me and I'd want it corrected. Else, no. Sometimes people speak from a skewed, agenda driven bias that won't allow an objective lens. On TOL I've been called both a liberal and an apologist for the Christian right.

People. Go figure.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So believers who follow the word but are bothered by what others say (be it true or not), they should follow the others instead of God?
I have no idea why you think that's what it means.

And a lot of times people aren't those things at all but these days are falsely accused to create false guilt to force them to be like the world.
If one has ever lied, they are a liar.
If one has ever been racist, they are a racist.

I find it highly difficult to think that there are folks who have never been even slightly racist in deed or thought their whole life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the problem with projecting one's own short comings onto others. :think:
The problem is that some refuse to examine themselves under the same microscope they examine others.
Otherwise they would recognize that they are just as much a complete failure when it comes to being without sin as everyone else is.
Or as the Pharisees like to say, "I'm sure glad I'm not a big ol' sinner like that guy over there".

glorydaz

If one has ever lied, they are a liar.
If one has ever been racist, they are a racist.

I don't agree with that. There are many things we were, but aren't anymore.

1 Cor. 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The problem is that some refuse to examine themselves under the same microscope they examine others.
Otherwise they would recognize that they are just as much a complete failure when it comes to being without sin as everyone else is.
Or as the Pharisees like to say, "I'm sure glad I'm not a big ol' sinner like that guy over there".

So your answer to the question in the op, is that no, you dont care what someone calls you, or yes, im not sure what your response is.

glorydaz

Yes, there are some that do all kinds of things, but some is not all. It's a matter of motive, and a matter of having a clear conscience concerning one's own motives.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If false witness was not important, then it would not be punishable by up to death by God. Mind you, he is punishing for false prosecution, but the idea remains. I am in a minority in that I care not what people think of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.