Denver Bible Church

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed!

There are also at least three or so other churches in the Denver area that have similar theology to DBC.

There are a few out there to be sure. DBC is the one I attend and I really appreciate it.

How would one determine the theology of DBC and "other churches" in the area from a reading of the posted statement of faith? Nowhere does the SoF state any of the open theism doctrine Enyart espouses. Is there a particular denominational association of these churches that would have made this more apparent to me?

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
:think: There is a chance I might be headed that way in July, to go to a black powder shoot in MI, not sure about it yet. You guys are making the trip sound better though!

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
How would one determine the theology of DBC and "other churches" in the area from a reading of the posted statement of faith? Nowhere does the SoF state any of the open theism doctrine Enyart espouses. Is there a particular denominational association of these churches that would have made this more apparent to me?

I thought just having "Bible" in the church name would have made OV, YEC, and Mid-Acts obvious??

(couldnt resist... :) )

SOTK

I'm not sure if I'll ever go to Colorado, and I know DBC has an opposing theology to my own, but I certainly would be interested in meeting some of you some day and to see your church in action! I do think it's fun to visit other churches.

AROTO

This kind of thinking concerns me. There are many, many bible-believing churches that love and follow Christ. DBC is not the only one, it is dangerous cult-like thinking to believe DBC is the only one. Bob Enyart is sharp, but he's not the only pastor with a grasp on fundamental orthodox Christianity.

That aside, if I ever have a chance to go to Denver I'd love to check out DBC.

Everyone else already pointed out to you that I did not say that DBC is the only one but I have been to four other churches out here and they all failed to measure up so far.

AROTO

That'll go over like a lead balloon. :chuckle: Don't forget, I've seen the Knight cam. (Is that what it's called?) so I'll recognize ya'.

He uses some special effects to look somewhat presentable for the Knight cam. You might want to come up with a signal:wave2:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure if I'll ever go to Colorado, and I know DBC has an opposing theology to my own, but I certainly would be interested in meeting some of you some day and to see your church in action! I do think it's fun to visit other churches.
That would be cool! :up:

rehcjam

Hey, if any of y'all know of any good Churches in Austin TX, let me know. I would love to attend a Church like DBC. :wave:

ShadowMaid

:think: There is a chance I might be headed that way in July, to go to a black powder shoot in MI, not sure about it yet. You guys are making the trip sound better though!

After years pestering Dad about moving to Colorado, just so we could go to DBC, I'm very content going to Damascus Road! And I don't have to move to the city! :D

Where in Michigan are you thinking about coming? It takes an hour for us to get to church (but we go every Sunday).

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
After years pestering Dad about moving to Colorado, just so we could go to DBC, I'm very content going to Damascus Road! And I don't have to move to the city! :D

Where in Michigan are you thinking about coming?

I pestered your pastor about moving to Northern CO for a while. :)

My wife's aunt and uncle live outside of Hastings, which I believe I figured out once to be 110 miles from Goshen. The shoot is July 22. My wife is going for sure, I'm not sure I'll be able to.

It takes an hour for us to get to church (but we go every Sunday).

:noid:

That's what it takes us to get to DBC, we don't make it quite every Sunday. :eek:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TOL prays for Damascus Road!

We feel like it's the very first TOL spawned church in the world. :D

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TOL prays for Damascus Road!

We feel like it's the very first TOL spawned church in the world. :D

That is accurate I'm sure. Hopefully there will be more.

I wonder where Dred Helm is going to start his church at?

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Our family can testify that Denver Bible Church is probably the best church in the world. (Of course, we haven't been to every church in the world, but the dozen or so we have been to do NOT compare.)

After Colorado's horrible winter season this year, my husband and I were thinking of moving to Hawaii, but the ONLY reason we decided to stay was because of the excellent Biblical teachings and leadership of Bob Enyart, along with the great fellowship at DBC.

patman

I have always wanted to go to Colorado, but never really saw myself going... until a while back when I heard about DBC. I hope to make it down there from the east.

Seeing some of you folks from TOL would be great, along with the good teachings I already have heard online.

It's on my list of things to do before I die (sorry to sound morbid). Above skydiving and all that other stuff people sometimes put up there ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's on my list of things to do before I die (sorry to sound morbid). Above skydiving and all that other stuff people sometimes put up there ;)
Whoa! Skydiving before you die! :shocked:

For me... those two events would likely happen one right after the other. :D