Denver Bible Church

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Knight -

Can you step-in and clarify the position of DBC, on how my wife as a Christian, who teaches in the K-8
public schools, will be viewed and treated?

Last edited:

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
We're a non-denominational Bible church located on the Southside of Indy. We just moved into a new building last month and have now had 4 services there. We originally started the church as a home church, but outgrew that setting.

www.openfellowship.org
!

Pastor Kevin -

I checked-out the web-site, looks good, just out of curiosity, do you practice water baptism? In the photos it looks like you were water baptizing people....

:wave2:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight -

Can you step-in and clarify the position of DBC, on how my wife as a Christian, who teaches in the K-8
public schools, will be viewed and treated?
Everybody at DBC is treated with the utmost respect and consideration. I have never seen anyone looked down upon or treated poorly in all the years I have attended DBC.

At DBC we understand that people have to make a living and sometimes it's in areas that we are normally battling against. A public school teacher can be a valuable asset especially if they are aware how evil the pubic school system can be and may actively warn parents about the system and ask them to consider homeschooling or Christian schooling their children.

Speaking for myself, I think sometimes a Christian teaching in a public school can give some parents a false sense of security that their kids are getting a quality education from all the teachers in the school based on the exception (the lone Christian teacher). They fool themselves by thinking.... my kids are safe because their teacher is a Christian! Which may be the case but there is still the curriculum to face, the awful social atmosphere, and next years non-christian teacher. We finally pulled our kids out of public school about 10 years ago when my son brought home a note stating they were voting to decide if they should invite homosexual, bisexual, and trans-gendered speakers for the children to listen to (this was when they were in 1st and 2nd grade :shocked:). As it turned out our school was the only school in the district to vote against the idea. :vomit: Regardless of the outcome I had had enough I swore to myself I would never send my kids back and I never have.

I don't think you have to search very hard to find how destructive the public school system is on the youth of America. That being said, we all have to make a living and we all have to occasionally be employed in places we would rather not be employed. Heck I do jobs all the time where I have to bite my lip, grin and bear it.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
We are looking to move to Denver and I have attended DBC when we visited a month ago and we met with Pastor Enyart. I hope that my wife & I are not looked down upon because she is a public school teacher.

If that is the case, I don't know if you are speaking for Pastor Enyart, or this is simply your stance. I will call Pastor Enyart to see if my wife & I will be targeted due to her being a public school teacher. If that is true, then I DO NOT want to attend DBC.

Well, I'm sure you will be welcome at DBC and you won't be targeted due to your wife being a public school teacher. Being a teacher at public school isn't that bad, but if you send your kids to public school, then there might be a problem. I would talk to Pastor Enyart about it.

I found that quite offensive. One person or teacher can ALWAYS make a difference is someones life. To say the contrary would be denying Gods Word and the ministry of the Apostle Paul along with other believers. ONE person can and does make a difference.

I don't know you, maybe your comments came across more harshly than you wanted it to, but I hope that this is not the type of response two new members to DBC church will receive...

You're right - one teacher can certainly make a difference in a student's life. What I am saying is that Christian parents shouldn't send their kids to public school based only on one teacher who works there thinking that it will be some magical formula to ensure their child's spiritual well-being.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Hello guys. Pastoring DBC, I can give you some info...

Hello guys. Pastoring DBC, I can give you some info...

Everybody at DBC is treated with the utmost respect and consideration. I have never seen anyone looked down upon or treated poorly in all the years I have attended DBC.

Yes. But of course, we confront when appropriate. Once in seven years we've had to disfellowship someone, a man who was attending very sporadically, but cheating on his wife, and within weeks of his wife divorcing him, he married yet another woman, and then more gross sin was committed...

A public school teacher can be a valuable asset especially if they are aware how evil the pubic school system can be and may actively warn parents about the system and ask them to consider homeschooling or Christian schooling their children. Speaking for myself, I think sometimes a Christian teaching in a public school can give some parents a false sense of security that their kids are getting a quality education from all the teachers in the school based on the exception (the lone Christian teacher). They fool themselves by thinking.... my kids are safe because their teacher is a Christian! Which may be the case [in her classroom] but there is still the curriculum to face, the awful social atmosphere, and next year's non-christian teacher.

I agree with all this. A Christian teacher can be a great asset, sort of like the French underground fighting against the enemy occupation, but if ever the underground started defending the occupation itself (the occupation gives me a good job, what would people do without the occupation, etc.), then they have lost sight of reality and are more harm than good.

A Christian teacher can be a blessing in the public school system, but should always remember that the school presents a godless curriculum to its children, and that it is fundamentally wrong to give kids an amoral education (undermining Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, etc., as the public school curriculum does to children). A public school teacher who is an atheist typically is bold about his atheism, whereas the Christian school teacher must be sly and usually must be a virtual silent witness (we've been told this and have seen this many times). Still, she can have a godly influence, just like an undercover Christian missionary in a godless communist country. But once the missionary starts defending the godlessness of her mission field, then she has lost sight of reality, and will do more harm than good.

May God bless you all at TOL!

Pastor Bob
Denver Bible Church

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Well, I'm sure you will be welcome at DBC and you won't be targeted due to your wife being a public school teacher. Being a teacher at public school isn't that bad, but if you send your kids to public school, then there might be a problem. I would talk to Pastor Enyart about it.

You're right - one teacher can certainly make a difference in a student's life. What I am saying is that Christian parents shouldn't send their kids to public school based only on one teacher who works there thinking that it will be some magical formula to ensure their child's spiritual well-being.

Thank you. Sometimes things come across in posts and e-mails that are not clearly stated. My wife & I agree that public schools are horrible. Her wish is to help kids learn basic education skills (reading, writing). She DOES NOT and WILL NOT teach things that compromise Gods Word.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Looking forward to Sunday to see you guys!

Looking forward to Sunday to see you guys!

Thank you. Sometimes things come across in posts and e-mails that are not clearly stated. My wife & I agree that public schools are horrible. Her wish is to help kids learn basic education skills (reading, writing). She DOES NOT and WILL NOT teach things that compromise Gods Word.

What an honor it will be to fellowship with you both!

-Pastor Bob

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Yes. But of course, we confront when appropriate. Once in seven years we've had to disfellowship someone, a man who was attending very sporadically, but cheating on his wife, and within weeks of his wife divorcing him, he married yet another woman, and then more gross sin was committed...

I agree with all this. A Christian teacher can be a great asset, sort of like the French underground fighting against the enemy occupation, but if ever the underground started defending the occupation itself (the occupation gives me a good job, what would people do without the occupation, etc.), then they have lost sight of reality and are more harm than good.

A Christian teacher can be a blessing in the public school system, but should always remember that the school presents a godless curriculum to its children, and that it is fundamentally wrong to give kids an amoral education (undermining Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, etc., as the public school curriculum does to children). A public school teacher who is an atheist typically is bold about his atheism, whereas the Christian school teacher must be sly and usually must be a virtual silent witness (we've been told this and have seen this many times). Still, she can have a godly influence, just like an undercover Christian missionary in a godless communist country. But once the missionary starts defending the godlessness of her mission field, then she has lost sight of reality, and will do more harm than good.

May God bless you all at TOL!

Pastor Bob
Denver Bible Church

Thank you Pastor Enyart. We agree with this also! :thumb:

She knows that she is in a system of godlessness and stupidity. Her focus is for teaching the K-4 child, basic educational skills (reading, writing, spelling). She DOES NOT teach and WILL REFUSE to teach them such godless agendas (homosexuality, adultery, etc) She has to be more "sly", as you put it, about her beliefs.

Well, thank you for the clarification.
Pastor Enyart, see you this Sunday! :wave:

Also, my wife just told me that her students asked about God today and she started to tell them about the God of the Bible and about Grace. :thumb: :banana:

DXPose

BANNED
Banned

You're welcome. Sometimes I can come across harsher than intended.

Good for your wife for not compromising. It is so critical to have a voice of Truth in a godless system - most kids these days don't even learn how to read or write. I'm sure her service is greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Looking forward to meeting your family. You will love DBC, without a doubt!

Curious - do you have children yet? What are your plans for their education?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, what about Derby Bible Church?
Derby is also a great church although I am not sure if they are still around.

I had heard that they moved locations and I had also heard things had changed a great deal but I really don't know for sure. If anyone has more information please give us an update.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Derby is also a great church although I am not sure if they are still around.
I had heard that they moved locations and I had also heard things had changed a great deal but I really don't know for sure. If anyone has more information please give us an update.

Derby is now called "A Closer Walk Fellowship," I believe.

P8ntrDan

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Did anyone remember that kids are Christians too? I love it when I stand up to a teacher trying to teach something against the word of God and they have nothing to say in response ex: evolution. We may be the only light many of these non-saved kids get to see! If anyone is in doubt of the power of a young believer, just take a look at my sig!

P8ntrDan

Another example-> my atheist writing teacher about went crazy when one of my Christian friends decided to write his persuasive paper about why homosexuality is wrong. He originally intended to use the Bible, but she refused to let him use it claiming it wasn't a valid source. So, what happened? Did he give up and let the athiest teacher have her agenda? NOPE! He looked up other sources about the medical reasons for why homosexuality is wrong, citing easier infection from tears. Needless to say, the teacher didn't seem to be able to stomach this information, but I supported him (and got in trouble for it) and when she told him he couldn't write about the subject, she was reminded by the school board that he had the freedom to write about it. Score one for Christianity!

P8ntrDan

Ok, now that I'm done with the public school thing, back to DBC. I'm pretty sure that my family is going to be visiting my uncle in the Denver area this summer, so I guess I would be in the area to check it out! But, we're only gonna be there during the week, because I have performances of the drama we're doing for the missions trip here in Illinois on both Sundays. :( Do you have a Wednesday service perhaps???

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Ok, now that I'm done with the public school thing, back to DBC. I'm pretty sure that my family is going to be visiting my uncle in the Denver area this summer, so I guess I would be in the area to check it out! But, we're only gonna be there during the week, because I have performances of the drama we're doing for the missions trip here in Illinois on both Sundays. :( Do you have a Wednesday service perhaps???

Hi P8ntrDan, sorry but I'm quite sure their meetings are only on Sunday. Morning is church and sunday school, and Bible study at night. Morning is 9:30, Sunday school, which is neat because it's an open forum, you can ask questions, and then a regular sermon starting roughly at 10:45am I think. The Bible study starts at 6:00 or 6:30pm, if I recall correctly. If someone who goes more regularly knows better, please jump in. I think the website is www.denverbiblechurch.com btw.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My brother Darrell was at DBC this morning. How many of you met him? He will be there again next week if you missed him. He is in Denver helping Pastor Enyart with a few of his audio projects.