ban joey

Magritte is my favorite painter. Probably because I'm into Wittgenstein and the philosophy of language. ( To see why this post fits in here, see my posts, 27 and 33)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...uXZAg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:35&biw=1024&bih=584
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:103&biw=1024&bih=584
What is surreal about that last painting? Most when glancing at it see nothing unusual. However, those that truly see reality notice that even the "mundane" ( what everyone takes as obvious and easily understood) is deeply paradoxical and disturbing. Do you see the paradox in the painting?

"My painting is visible images which conceal nothing; they evoke mystery and, indeed, when one sees one of my pictures, one asks oneself this simple question 'What does that mean'? It does not mean anything, because mystery means nothing either, it is unknowable."
René Magritte
FROM
http://www.magritte.com/

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If that's the case, they would ALL lose their cards because they didn't know that someone like me would admit that I don't know everything. There goes their "omniscience". :chuckle:

Besides, aren't regulatory commissions supposed to be free from political influence that the youth actually know more than adults? :noid:

Flawless logic......hmmmm, maybe you really do know everything. :noid:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Inexplicably, JA confuses the discussion forums for the chatbox. Too many one-liners as if he is in a real-time chat forum. When asked for direct answers one is treated to side-stepping responses, the game of twenty questions, and frequent trips down the rabbit hole.

It is clear to me the young man can occasionally put together more than one sentence at a time, and cogently, too, but his apparent desire to appear clever and non-responsive does wear thin quickly.

No matter what the thread or the topic, JA seems incapable of avoiding popping by for a few drive-by quips and then bounces along to the next shiny object. It would be wonderful if he could directly answer questions put to him or contribute more than just more questions to ongoing discussions. I am sure he has opinions and beliefs, so why does he play it coy when asked to share them?

I pray for him, as it seems to me he is in need of older adult fellowship and guidance. When I and others have tried to provide some, I cannot help but think he is shining us on as if everything were a silly game.

If these are not his intentions, JA needs to consider that the message received is the message sent, whether he intended the message being received or not. His communication style is a barrier to whatever ends he is seeking.

I would not join the call to ban him or any member unless they have broken some rules. There is a rule of sorts about substantive participation in discussions, and the interpretation of exactly what substantive means is best left in the moderator's hands.

AMR

Last edited:

Omega39

Flawless logic......hmmmm, maybe you really do know everything. :noid:

Ha! My grades say otherwise. Anyways, it's impossible for creation to know everything, let alone understand it all. We worship a God who does both flawlessly, and I'm thankful for that.

I certainly believe if one admits he does not know everything and believes deep in his heart that God knows and understands everything, then we know something worth knowing and sharing. Proverbs 2:1-6, Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Corinthians 5:11

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Re 12:10] I could also put it in my signature

If you believe he deceives, make your case (Deut. 13:1–3; Matt. 5:19; 7:15; 15:2–20; 23:2–33; Luke 11:38–52).

As a reminder, you have no righteous works (Isa 64:6). Righteousness is found in Christ (Isa 54:17). Get yourself a savior, then do a good work (Eph 2:8, Jas 2:17-18). :eek:

Last edited:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you and me were to go drive to McDonald's to get some lunch, and we past the Drive Thru sign that says "Open 24 Hours", and I then ask you, "When does it close?", would you consider that a dumb question?

Not necessarily. There is a 24-Hour Fitness here in Vegas that closes at 11pm. :idunno:

I am strange. :plain: :)sigh: Go ahead everyone, make your comments now...)

I sort of see the good in most questions. I also have never seen a movie that I really hated completely. I always find something of worth. Perhaps I have seen the wrong (or right, depending on your point of view) movies or heard the wrong questions.

I like Joey. Maybe I see a bit of myself in him at that age. I am very curious. I am sure that part of his posts are directed to inflating his post count, but I think his intentions are good. He asks thoughtful, if not short, questions that have made me think, for one.

He could do with a little more fresh air...a ride through the countryside would do him a world of good...but I think he's far from needing to be banned.

Anyway. It is a simple thing to ignore him if a person wishes.

(O39...this wasn't all directed at you! Your e-mail provided an opening for me to speak my piece. :e4e:)