ban joey

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why are grownups biased against the questions of children?
Depends. How repetitive, simple, and (most importantly) ANSWERED does one have to be before you see it differently. :plain:

Grownups overlook the sincerity of kids.
Hitler was sincere [bonus round begins/dollar values are doubled].

Kids are totally overlooked,
Only if they're really tiny. And then it's up to them to watch where we step. :think:

Because that is what people do to kids. They tell kids that they cannot drive yet, vote yet, drink yet, be responsible enough, can't do this yet, can't do that yet.
That's "looking down" in the same sense that keeping car keys out of the hands of a drunk at closing time is.

That discourages kids. That destroys them, it scars them for life, if you will.
Nah. That's just what kids say when you tell them they can't stay up to watch Comedy Central on a school night. Kids...they fall upon the thorns of life...they bleed...a lot. :poly: (with apologies to Shelley)

That is a huge factor for why kids will run away from home, or to why they will do bad things, or worse.
Where I think it's more what isn't said often enough...no. Or because there's rarely anyone there to say anything at all.

Solomon wrote, "May we remember our Creator in the days of our youth, before things get worse when we get older." Again, I must say it again: when are we going to stop overlooking things from a perspective of face-value? Humans are so impatient. They just want answers immediately. When they give out answers, they just want to be patted on the back because of how proud they are with their own answers. They don't want their answers contested.
A neat, round about self justification, but why pretend at a gravitas in the particular that is undone by a general practice?

Or, to lean on the tried and true: fuel me once and it's gas for free.

Grownups are often so brainwashed.
Kids so need a better dictionary...or thesaurus...or education.

Their interaction with children proof just that. It discourages me that people don't really listen to their kids. When a kid asks, "Why is the sky blue?" A grownup may get upset and they may say, "Because I said so. Or just ask God after you die."
Almost no one says that though...or acts like that really. As sustainable as asking why kids are always killing grown ups and lying about them after they're dead. Mostly it doesn't work out that way.

Grownups also neglect the wisdom of kids, too. Sometimes kids are aware of things that we often neglect.
Exceptions. Usually you don't go to college to unlearn and get worse at things in general. :plain: Except in parts of Arkansas.

Because we're so happy with our own answers. We don't want anybody to tell us we're wrong.
Telling is easy. Proving...that takes something more than the willingness to exhale in syllables.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why did you call Jesus dirt? I think you just wanted to say it, and were waiting for your chance.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
do you think joey is saved?

I know you're only asking for opinion....but - that's just not a judgement call that anyone should even make.

Instead of banning JA, how about just asking him to stop making so many threads?

If all he did was respond in threads that are already established, or make a few of his own that are actually good, no one would mind.

It's the twelve or thirteen threads at one time that annoy. But in his defense, he does participate in his threads.

Still to JA, I suggest....back off on the number of active threads on the board and you won't offend the old timers so much.

I like Joey. Besides all this "ban Joey" stuff is just childish cruelty. And of course the herd mentality has taken over. Yes, some of his stuff is just plain absurd, but a lot of it is not and actually shows a wonder at the mysteries that we as cynical adults believe have been obviously solved. I take his more absurd posts as a youthful attempt at Dada or surrealism. Nothing personal Joey, but the grandmasters do it far better.
http://www.magritte.com/
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/Classes/Jbutler/T340/SurManifesto/ManifestoOfSurrealism.htm
http://www.google.com/images?client...h=584&q=dali&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g7g-s1g2&aql=&oq=

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Why did you call Jesus dirt? I think you just wanted to say it, and were waiting for your chance.

Non-trinitarians irritates me.

If Jesus is not God, then Jesus is dirt, a man, a mortal. Jesus commanded people to worship Him. Jesus forgave people's sins. Only God can forgive people's sins. Of course, to some extent, Jesus gave Christians the duty of forgiving. But there's a difference between forgiving sins and dying for sins. Anyways, God never really talked to Jesus. Was Jesus just a prophet?

God spoke to prophets.

God would tell the prophets, "Thus said the Lord, tell my people this and that. If they don't turn from their sins (idolatry), then bad things will happen." The prophets would do what God would tell them to do. Jonah is the exception. Eventually, Jonah did as God asked.

But God didn't tell Jesus what to say:

Unless if they forgot to write down that part. Because when would God come down to tell Jesus what to say and do?

I wouldn't leave that part of the story out. Jesus was even talking to Rabbis when He was only twelve. John wrote that Jesus was the Word, that the Word is God, was there in the beginning, and that the Word became flesh.

Jesus ran away from His parents when He was twelve.

What possessed Him to do that? Running away has to be sin, unless if Jesus was God. Isaiah wrote that Jesus is going to be called Mighty God, Emmanuel (God with us). The wise men came to see a King. If Jesus was only a man then Jesus would be no King, unless if Jesus is God, who is the King of Kings.

The writer to Hebrews (possibly Paul) wrote:

That Jesus was greater than all the prophets, teachers, priests. Jesus even healed on the Sabbath. Thomas said that Jesus was God. Jesus said that He and God are one. The Old Testament says that God is one. The New Testament says that there is one God, one Savior, one church, one baptism. The burning bush told Moses that He was the Great I Am. Jesus told people He was the Great I Am. Jesus said He was coming back. Jesus never said He was an angel. Satan even tempts Jesus.

Satan quotes from Psalms:

And says that His angels would keep Jesus from dying, had Jesus jumped off this building or cliff. Jesus said, "Don't test the Lord your God." Satan originally was the worship leader in Heaven until Satan wanted to be worshipped. Finally, Satan had another opportunity to be worshipped. Satan demanded that Jesus worshipped him. Satan said that he would give Jesus the whole world if Jesus would worship him. Satan wouldn't give up his kingdom for anybody. That encounter was very unique. More unique then when Satan went to tempt Job. God had a lot to teach Job, even. God asked Job, "Where were you when I was making the Heavens and the earth. Job, please be careful when questioning me. Father knows best."

Jesus knew best, too.

Jesus calmed the seas while on the boat. Jesus walked on water. The disciples worshipped Jesus for that. God told people in the Old Testament to worship Him. Jesus told people in the New Testament, however, to worship Him, as in Jesus, not God, unless if they are in fact one and the same. Idolatry is when you worship more than just God. If Jesus allowed that, then Jesus would be an accessory to sin.

Jesus also died for our sins.

The Old Testament says that man can only die for their own sins. An infinite amount of sins cannot be paid for by a finite amount of humans, or even by one perfect one. Humans cannot be perfect in and of themselves. If Jesus was not perfect then Jesus could not be the perfect lamb without spots. Soteriology and theology depends on this kind of christology. If Jesus is not God, then Jesus is then only dirt.

But that is why I started a bunch of threads for Krystyna.

Krystyna is going around in circles with everybody else. Everybody is saying the same things over and over to each other in threads about non-trinitarianism, trinitarism, God, Jesus. I wanted to reinvent the wheel. The definition of insanity is in trying the same old things over and over, like the Indians. No offense or anything, but I wanted to try some new things and try opening people's minds up to the facts through the art of asking questions.

Jesus would ask questions.

Jesus would hide truth within parables.

That is why I talk in riddles. I also needed to get some points across. If Jesus is not God, then Jesus is only a liar, and not even worthy to be described as a second Adam (who was made of dirt, Genesis 2:7).

I was saying that this is what Krystyna, Oatmeal, and Only1God was saying.

Omega39

Because we're so happy with our own answers. We don't want anybody to tell us we're wrong.

Then why do you keep asking questions here, since you hold the above statement as truth?

I'm seventeen (a junior in high school), and I don't mind if adults (or fellow peers) tell me that I am wrong. If I am in error, I want them tell me! If I believe and uphold a certain belief in Christianity that is false, I want them to rebuke me, correct me, and train me according to God's precepts. Like the sons of Korah, I pant for God and his words and direction (Psalm 42:1).

Please do NOT include the entire youth population in that statement, because not every child is arrogant like that. Your statement is insulting.

Omega39

I thought there were no dumb questions (Isa 1:18).

If you and me were to go drive to McDonald's to get some lunch, and we past the Drive Thru sign that says "Open 24 Hours", and I then ask you, "When does it close?", would you consider that a dumb question?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Then why do you keep asking questions here, since you hold the above statement as truth?

I'm seventeen (a junior in high school), and I don't mind if adults (or fellow peers) tell me that I am wrong. If I am in error, I want them tell me! If I believe and uphold a certain belief in Christianity that is false, I want them to rebuke me, correct me, and train me according to God's precepts. Like the sons of Korah, I pant for God and his words and direction (Psalm 42:1).

Please do NOT include the entire youth population in that statement, because not every child is arrogant like that. Your statement is insulting.

That's a remarkably mature statement...:think: I wouldn't have been capable of it at your age.

...or last week. :eek:

:e4e:

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
If you and me were to go drive to McDonald's to get some lunch, and we past the Drive Thru sign that says "Open 24 Hours", and I then ask you, "When does it close?", would you consider that a dumb question?

No. Not a dumb question. McDonalds may say that they are open 24 hours a day.

But how long can they keep that up?

If they go out of business, then they will have to close. They may be closed on holidays. The question may imply, "How do they afford staying open all the time?" Or are there really people eating at 2am? The question is a question of curiosity. Like, who would want to work graveyard shifts, anyways?

When I hear a simple question, I start thinking about millions of things:

That are related to the topic. I connect the dots. I think about the implications to the questions. Because there is more to life than what meets the eyes. A picture is worth a thousand words. Each letter is like a picture which is then worth another thousand or more words. Things are deeper.

There are no dumb questions, if there is reason for that journey.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

I thought the Teenage Regulatory Commission revoked your card if you didn't know everything. :shocked:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It discourages me that people don't really listen to their kids. When a kid asks, "Why is the sky blue?" A grownup may get upset and they may say, "Because I said so. Or just ask God after you die"

Well, the last time I tried to explain the Rayleigh scattering effect to a four year old he started crying. :rolleyes:

Omega39

No. Not a dumb question. McDonalds may say that they are open 24 hours a day.

But how long can they keep that up?

If they go out of business, then they will have to close. They may be closed on holidays. The question may imply, "How do they afford staying open all the time?" Or are there really people eating at 2am? The question is a question of curiosity. Like, who would want to work graveyard shifts, anyways?

No, it is a dumb question. You have to pay attention to the immediate context. If I wanted to know if McDonalds was ever going to shut down, I would have asked just that.

On a side note, that is how we are to approach Scripture: Observing the context. Let the text speak for itself.

When I hear a simple question, I start thinking about millions of things:

That are related to the topic. I connect the dots. I think about the implications to the questions. Because there is more to life than what meets the eyes. A picture is worth a thousand words. Each letter is like a picture which is then worth another thousand or more words. Things are deeper.

Again, you must observe the context of the question. When one asks a question, he or she wants an exact answer according to that question, not a huge semantic range of answers. It's common sense. And FYI: a good picture is worth a thousand words.

There are no dumb questions, if there is reason for that journey.

According to this, you are admitting that there are dumb questions with certain conditions and parameters.

Omega39

I thought the Teenage Regulatory Commission revoked your card if you didn't know everything. :shocked:

If that's the case, they would ALL lose their cards because they didn't know that someone like me would admit that I don't know everything. There goes their "omniscience". :chuckle:

Besides, aren't regulatory commissions supposed to be free from political influence that the youth actually know more than adults? :noid: