OCTOBER23

What does TOL mean to you?
----------------------------------
TIME TO SEE MY NAME IN LIGHTS

BETWEEN POGO SCRABBLE AND RAPTURE YOUTUBES

AND STOCK PICKING ON THE TSX. BOUGHT $5000 WORTH OF CRS STOCK

AND HOLDING FOR A YEAR OR UNTIL I AM RAPTURED . LOL

Buzzword

For all its trolls, it's still above and beyond all other religion discussion forums I've ever been on.

Though it seems like lately the trolls have been breeding.

glorydaz

For me, this forum was a god send.

It is for me, too, Bright Raven. I'm housebound for all practical purposes, and I've met so many wonderful people here. :thumb:

For all its trolls, it's still above and beyond all other religion discussion forums I've ever been on.

I think the trolls come and go...it's feast or famine, but you're right about this being above and beyond other forums I've been on.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is for me, too, Bright Raven. I'm housebound for all practical purposes, and I've met so many wonderful people here. :thumb:

I think the trolls come and go...it's feast or famine, but you're right about this being above and beyond other forums I've been on.

Just having people like you, Heir, Steko, Journey, Tam, BR and some of
the other followers of Paul's Gospel around, makes TOL a nice place
to hang out! TOL has its share of weirdos, Bozos, oddballs, morons,
and grouchy/cranky Misanthropes and Curmudgeons as well! But, at
least they're entertaining.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just having people like you, Heir, Steko, Journey, Tam, BR and some of
the other followers of Paul's Gospel around, makes TOL a nice place
to hang out! TOL has its share of weirdos, Bozos, oddballs, morons,
and grouchy/cranky Misanthropes and Curmudgeons as well! But, at
least they're entertaining.

:up:

and you!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Expanding consciousness......

Expanding consciousness......

I hear a new brand of 'troll spray' does wonders :) - spinning their heads can also make them "wig out" :p

View attachment 19079

TOL is a wonderful canvas to paint on, a place for 'creative dialogue', so in that sense it has its good times as well as challenging ones. Multiple personalities and points of view make a wonderful landscape to explore :surf:

TOL provides a 'means' or 'opportunity' of dialogue, an exploration of meaning.

pj

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's, by far, the best forum I have ever participated in.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you ever visit London you must go to "Speaker's corner" in Hyde Park it is TOL in real time...everyone I ASSURE you is there....even Let'sargue.

...you will need to bring your own soapboxes

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

It's a neighborhood, of sorts. One with odd side streets and rougher parts, but the main boulevard is well lit and warming and most of the people here still wave and welcome you. The public square has its share of squabbles and fist shaking, but no one goes home really hurt. We learn from each other, take from and give to one another, support our fellow in grief and share in moments of joy.

As with neighborhoods, old and valued members not infrequently move on and we miss them. New people arrive to fill our halls with other voices and the old guard begrudgingly stops calling them newbies...eventually. Imperfect, raucous, funny, challenging, frustrating, helpful and almost always open for business.

Make a place for yourself. There's always room for one more and what's not to love about that? :e4e:

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

It's a neighborhood, of sorts. One with odd side streets and rougher parts, but the main boulevard is well lit and warming and most of the people here still wave and welcome you. The public square has its share of squabbles and fist shaking, but no one goes home really hurt.

Oh, gag me . . .

TOL is worse than East LA, or Chicago. Street gangs rule; violence is routine; lawlessness abounds. (Of course a gentleman lawyer from the south knows nothing of this kind of ugly "neighborhood" of dog-eat-dog!)

I have been hurt by professing "Christians" worse on TOL, than I have ever been hurt in my life. But he who endures will be saved ... is apparently lost in your evaluation.

We learn from each other, take from and give to one another, support our fellow in grief and share in moments of joy.

Yeah, as long as we know the gang signs, dress the right way, and knife the kids who venture in from 2 blocks over.

As with neighborhoods, old and valued members not infrequently move on and we miss them.

I have lived in your neighborhood for almost 8 years, and you admitted recently you knew nothing about me. That was a big hurt, for I could never figure out why you were not interested in me, as a good neighbor would naturally be. I still wonder about that . . . and am not settling for your syrupy analogy in the least.

New people arrive to fill our halls with other voices and the old guard begrudgingly stops calling them newbies...maybe. Imperfect, raucous, funny, challenging, frustrating, helpful and almost always open for business.

What's not to love? :e4e:

Oh, gag me . . .

Last edited:

bybee

Oh, gag me . . .

TOL is worse than East LA, or Chicago. Street gangs rule; violence is routine; lawlessness abounds. (Of course a gentleman lawyer from the south knows nothing of this kind of ugly "neighborhood" of dog-eat-dog!)

I have been hurt worse by professing "Christians" worse on TOL, than I have ever been hurt in my life. But he who endures will be saved ... is apparently lost in your evaluation.

Yeah, as long as we know the gang signs, dress the right way, and knife the kids who venture in from 2 blocks over.

I have lived in your neighborhood for almost 8 years, and you admitted recently you knew nothing about me. That was a big hurt, for I could never figure out why you were not interested in me, as a good neighbor would naturally be. I still wonder about that . . . and am not settling for your syrupy analogy in the least.

Oh, gag me . . .

Your response is unpleasant.
People have been unkind to you.
And, my dear, you also have been unkind.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Your response is unpleasant.
People have been unkind to you.
And, my dear, you also have been unkind.

No doubt I have.

So have you.

But I have never been hypocritical or fake . . .

So which is worse?

Confronting fakery or glossing over fakery?