Trump Coughed

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I knew you would refuse to answer the most loving question someone else can ask you to get to the most important issue you need to have settled before you leave this present evil world.

It's odd how the religious never ask that all important question. They are only interested in what someone does in their flesh as if that has any bearing on where they will spend eternity :)nono:). Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation and there's nothing you can do or not do that will secure your eternity in heaven.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

If I didn't know better heir, I would get the impression that you feel uncomfortable about talking what we as Christians* should do to stop the mass murder of 58 million unborn babies.

*Since I didn't provide a verse from Scripture showing the gospel that I follow, I guess I really can't call myself a Christian.

glorydaz

You are welcome to waste your entire life trying to change an evil world system that will be even more evil a thousand years after your dead.

I would rather spend my time spreading the good news, 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV).

So you don't vote?

john w

Hall of Fame
I see how easily one could get confused about this passage (sarcasm)

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program:

Looney Tunes, starring john w.

vs.

"(Do I really want to get banned over this guy? Nah, ignore him "-Stevie

Can't stay away from me, can you Stevie, as I am "un-ignoreable," eh? I feel so cheap, you using my fame, to boost your presence. It's one of the curses, of being one of the most respected TOL gunslingers...

What a mess....Father, do I really have to get into the ditch, with Stevie?

Pay attention, rummy....

Roman 13 KJV

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

You assume that "tribute... custom,... fear...honour" apply only to
some form of human/national/civil government.

"Render therefore to all their dues:" This is the collective heading that ties these words above under one issue, the issue/context being the Roman saints being faithful in discharging their responsibility to God's ministers, such as Paul....... who are the higher powers, within the boc. Rendering their dues, though it be on earth, being done unto the faithful power/ruler/minister of God, such as Paul, .......was equivalent as being done unto God. Why? God ordained this procedure, within the boc.

"tribute"-a tax which was self imposed which was paid to the minister of God

1 Cor. 9 KJV
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? 12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. 13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

2 Corinthians 8 KJV

8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. 9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. 11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have. 12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. 13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: 14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:

2 Cor. 9 KJV

5 Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Gal. 6 KJV
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Thus, through a "self imposed tax," this indicates the attitude of subjection to God, by the respective saint/member of the boc, and the LORD God's authority, as the member of the boc acknowledges the LORD God's arrangement within the boc.

"custom"a tax/toll, paid to achieve a specific purpose. The apostle Paul, if you survey Romans-Philemon, collected from local assemblies, $'s, to be employed to help out other churches,...

2 Cor. 8 KJV
1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 2 how that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; 4 praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. 5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God. 6 Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also. 7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. 8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. 9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. 11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have. 12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. 13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: 14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality: 15 as it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.

16 But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you. 17 For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you. 18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;

"fear"-a "God fearing" desire not to displease God's appointed minister, the benefit being that it affected the 'mental mood"/attitude regarding subjection to the LORD God...................

2 Corinthians 7 KJV

1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5 KJV
21 submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

"honour"-placing value, esteem, praise, on God's appointed men, those "over you in the Lord," "the elders that rule," in their respective ministry, as the members of the boc submit/yield to the LORD God's desires, as carried out by the faithful "men of God."

1 Thes. 5 KJV

12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

1 Timothy 5 KJV
17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If I didn't know better heir, I would get the impression that you feel uncomfortable about talking what we as Christians* should do to stop the mass murder of 58 million unborn babies.

*Since I didn't provide a verse from Scripture showing the gospel that I follow, I guess I really can't call myself a Christian.

I never entered this discussion to talk about your pet projects no matter how much they may tug on my heart strings. I am an ambassador for Christ committed to the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:16-21 KJV). I'm not here to change this present evil world, but to call a people out of it (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 1:3-5 KJV). Are you one of those who will believe on Him to life everlasting (Romans 8:28-29 KJV) or are you just a waste of the Lord's time (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) and therefore mine (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)?

john w

Hall of Fame
(john w. must be working on one doozy of a reply).

What was Peter's message in 1 Peter 2: 11-17?

11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

You missed it-pay attention, Stevie. I argued that Romans 13 had NADA to do with submission to earthly forms of government.

I know that is also quite deep....Hang in there, Col. Klink. Again, pull up your bunny shirt....

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
vs.

"(Do I really want to get banned over this guy? Nah, ignore him "-Stevie

Can't stay away from me, can you Stevie, as I am "un-ignoreable," eh? I feel so cheap, you using my fame, to boost your presence. It's one of the curses, of being one of the most respected TOL gunslingers...

What a mess....Father, do I really have to get into the ditch, with Stevie?

Pay attention, rummy....

Roman 13 KJV

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

You assume that "tribute... custom,... fear...honour" apply only to
some form of human/national/civil government.

"Render therefore to all their dues:" This is the collective heading that ties these words above under one issue, the issue/context being the Roman saints being faithful in discharging their responsibility to God's ministers, such as Paul....... who are the higher powers, within the boc. Rendering their dues, though it be on earth, being done unto the faithful power/ruler/minister of God, such as Paul, .......was equivalent as being done unto God. Why? God ordained this procedure, within the boc.

"tribute"-a tax which was self imposed which was paid to the minister of God

And 1 Peter 2: 13-17?

What is the righteous role of civil government if it isn't (amongst other places written in Holy Scripture) described in Romans 13: 1-6 and 1 Peter 2: 13-17?

I never entered this discussion to talk about your pet projects no matter how much they may tug on my heart strings. I am an ambassador for Christ committed to the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:16-21 KJV). I'm not here to change this present evil world, but to call a people out of it (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 1:3-5 KJV). Are you one of those who will believe on Him to life everlasting (Romans 8:28-29 KJV) or are you just a wasted of the Lord's time (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) and therefore mine (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)?

Since God ordained civil government as one of three institutions for the governance of man (the Church and family being the other two), the righteous role of government would be God's "pet project" (i.e. your issue is with Him, not me).

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program entitled "My church is better than your church!" starring Saints and Ambassadors.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You missed it-pay attention, Stevie. I argued that Romans 13 had NADA to do with submission to earthly forms of government.

I know that is also quite deep....Hang in there, Col. Klink. Again, pull up your bunny shirt....

Colonel Klink notices quite a resemblance between Romans 13: 1-6 and 1 Peter 2: 13-17.

john w

Hall of Fame
And 1 Peter 2: 13-17?

What is the righteous role of civil government if it isn't (amongst other places written in Holy Scripture) described in Romans 13: 1-6 and 1 Peter 2: 13-17?

Since God ordained civil government as one of three institutions for the governance of man (the Church and family being the other two), the righteous role of government would be God's "pet project" (i.e. your issue is with Him, not me).

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program entitled "My church is better than your church!" starring Saints and Ambassadors.

You missed it: I argued that Romans 13 has NADA to do with the "authority structure" on earth-it is referring to the heavenlies, i.e., how the LORD God appointed authority, within the boc, a heavenly organism.

"(i.e. your issue is with Him, not me)."-Col. Klink

Wow, Colonel-you floored me with that "this answers any argument/objection" cliche. How long did it take you to "Bing" that gem?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You missed it: I argued that Romans 13 has NADA to do with the "authority structure" on earth-it is referring to the heavenlies, i.e., how the LORD God appointed authority, within the boc, a heavenly organism.

"(i.e. your issue is with Him, not me)."-Col. Klink

Wow, Colonel-you floored me with that "this answers any argument/objection" cliche. How long did it take you to "Bing" that gem?

So the Apostles Paul and Peter were writing about two entirely different subjects even though their words were almost identical?

Amazing.

john w

Hall of Fame
Colonel Klink notices quite a resemblance between Romans 13: 1-6 and 1 Peter 2: 13-17.

Your issue is with Him, not me.

You taught TOL members that-we learned it from you.

Do not confuse, your alleged assertion that there is a "resemblance between Romans 13: 1-6 and 1 Peter 2: 13-17," with any alleged error on my part, in my argument, that Romans 13 has NADA to do with the "authority structure" on earth-it is referring to the heavenlies, i.e., how the LORD God appointed authority, within the boc, a heavenly organism. The context of Romans 13 is authority within the boc, and our(not yours) responsibility to provide for God;s appointed "rulers," as that is the LORD God's appointed order, and obeying them, is obeying the LORD God.....Submission......Power.....Authority......

john w

Hall of Fame
So the Apostles Paul and Peter were writing about two entirely different subjects even though their words were almost identical?

Amazing.

Their words are not identical. You winged that. Read the context of Paul, and whom Paul is addressing, and why. Saints, providing for rulers within the boc, supporting the churches....It has NADA to do with earthly governments, conflicts...

Must be that 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV problem of yours, Colonel.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Amazing.

Your issue is with Him, not me.

You taught TOL members that-we learned it from you.

Do not confuse, your alleged assertion that there is a "resemblance between Romans 13: 1-6 and 1 Peter 2: 13-17," with any alleged error on my part, in my argument, that Romans 13 has NADA to do with the "authority structure" on earth-it is referring to the heavenlies, i.e., how the LORD God appointed authority, within the boc, a heavenly organism. The context of Romans 13 is authority within the boc, and our(not yours) responsibility to provide for God;s appointed "rulers," as that is the LORD God's appointed order, and obeying them, is obeying the LORD God.....Submission......Power.....Authority......

Come Johnny, if you bastardized Romans 13: 1-6 the least you can do is give the same treatment to 1 Peter 2: 13-17.

Colonel Klink has faith in your abilities.

b8524da9fbc7bfbdfbbfa0b1f5f5d254_400x400.jpeg

john w

Hall of Fame

Amazing.

"Amazing"

Another debate closer, stumper.

I'm in sales. You can "close" better than that. Even Barney Fife did.

john w

Hall of Fame
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Amazing.

Come Johnny, if you bastardized Romans 13: 1-6 the least you can do is give the same treatment to 1 Peter 2: 13-17.

Colonel Klink has faith in your abilities.

b8524da9fbc7bfbdfbbfa0b1f5f5d254_400x400.jpeg

"bastardized Romans 13: 1-6"

Watching Oprah, instead of surveying, studying the book, and it's details, like I do, eh Brucie?

Weighty.

"Johnny," tough guy?

Sorry, punk-not interested-I dig chicks. Sodomy is a sin, Stevie. Make that Brucie.

Dig?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"bastardized Romans 13: 1-6"

Watching Oprah, instead of surveying, studying the book, and it's details, like I do, eh Brucie?

Weighty.

"Johnny," tough guy?

Sorry, punk-not interested-I dig chicks. Sodomy is a sin, Stevie. Make that Brucie.

Dig?

I'll let you answer this question and then you can get back to your muscle flexing Johnny.

What if any is the righteous role of civil government, or should we just ignore civil government because Jesus will be returning soon?

john w

Hall of Fame
I'll let you answer this question and then you can get back to your muscle flexing Johnny.

Johnny? Not interested. I'm diggin' chicks, Brucie.

And be careful. As most on TOL know, I've fought bigger girls than you.

What if any is the righteous role of civil government, or should we just ignore civil government because Jesus will be returning soon?

Nice change the argument, misdirection....as the scriptural answer to "we just ignore civil government because Jesus will be returning soon," is quite off topic, to my argument, as I stay on topic, and my topic/argument is this: I argued/argue that Romans 13 has NADA to do with the "authority structure" on earth-it is referring to the heavenlies, i.e., how the LORD God appointed authority, within the boc, a heavenly organism.

Again-quite deep. Have a glass of "Ripple," toots, and breath deep....

Last edited: