toldailytopic: Which TOL member(s) did you dislike at first but now like? (or vice ve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
A true man of discriminating taste. The best there is.

BTW, the Irish invented both kilts and the "Scottish" bagpipe, both which, I'm told, were actually practical jokes played on the Scots, who never caught on.

Well they certainly can't admit as much now...

Granite

Hall of Fame
The truth divides. Mat 10:34-42.

And cheap personal insults make you look like an A-one clueless jerk and pompous idiot. Nobody's perfect, cupcake.

Having gotten that out of my system, you're back on the ignore list.:yawn:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I love you for that! My ancestors hailed from County Fermanaugh in the north and filled with mystery.

You Fermanaughians are practically southerners to us! :D It's good to see some other Irish folks on TOL. There needs be some levelheadedness somewhere.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I just happen to believe that I have no fellowship with darkness. You, on the other hand, embrace it.

I fellowship with the saints in a local church that embraces Scripture, Christ, Holy Spirit, truth, etc.

I am mature and wise enough to discern true darkness (false religion, kingdom of the cults, evil) from sincere, capable, godly believers who do not share all my understanding on peripheral issues because we are not infallible like you are.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Those in darkness (Calvinists, Pentecostals, Charismatics, Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, Baptists, Mormons, Muslims, etc.) have it as their agenda to keep others in the dark. Those of us in the light, are here to expose them.

You have lumped legit Christian expressions (in fact, the largest, fastest growing segment of the evangelical church that most affirm despite disagreements) with patently false groups. You have the discernment of a gnat and have turned your pet views into a sect/cult built around your imperfect understanding, godplayer/guru.

See what I mean folks? Obviously we need the rapture to get over and around this guy (I Jn. 3:2). I bristle at his ignorant arrogance.

ghost

Hall of Fame
You have lumped legit Christian expressions (in fact, the largest, fastest growing segment of the evangelical church that most affirm despite disagreements) with patently false groups. You have the discernment of a gnat and have turned your pet views into a sect/cult built around your imperfect understanding, godplayer/guru.

See what I mean folks? Obviously we need the rapture to get over and around this guy (I Jn. 3:2). I bristle at his ignorant arrogance.

There is no such thing as a Christian Calvinist, Charismatic, Pentecostal, Baptist, Catholic etc. Their fundamental beliefs exclude them from the faith. There are Christians who attend their churches, but if they hold to the doctrines that these belief systems hold to, they are not believers in the Gospel. Say what you will, but this is an indisputable fact.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There is no such thing as a Christian Calvinist, Charismatic, Pentecostal, Baptist, Catholic etc. Their fundamental beliefs exclude them from the faith. There are Christians who attend their churches, but if they hold to the doctrines that these belief systems hold to, they are not believers in the Gospel. Say what you will, but this is an indisputable fact.

You are a minority of one true Christian in this opinion. There are no Christian Atheists (despite what you OSAS guys say), Christian Satanists, Christian Mormons/Muslims, etc., but Baptists, Pentecostals, etc. have the same fundamental statement of faith as you do, stupid.

What is your beef with Baptists? There are a variety of Baptists. You might even find exchanged lifers. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ, not conforming to gnostic sozoisms (Jn. 1:12; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-10; I Jn. 5:11-13, etc.). I can differ with a Calvinist on models of providence without having a different gospel, Jesus, etc. Don't make the gospel more narrow than the Bible/Jesus does (and I am not making it wider because I don't make tongues a condition of eternal life).

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poets, warriors, drunks and madmen...and that's only taking in Tuesday.

:e4e:

"God created liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world."

We (my ancestors and I) have no designs on world leadership. We are content with our beer and our whiskey and our farming (or ranching in the case of those Irish cowboys....).

"Good puzzle would be cross Dublin without passing a pub." - James Joyce

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I would add Nick M. and butterfly to the blue moon ghost category. There is slight hope for Lighthouse and STP.

ghost

Hall of Fame
You are a minority of one true Christian in this opinion.
I agree with God, so it's not an opinion.
Baptists, Pentecostals, etc. have the same fundamental statement of faith as you do
Not even close.

What is your beef with Baptists?
They don't believe or teach the Gospel.
I can differ with a Calvinist on models of providence without having a different gospel, Jesus, etc.
No you can't. God does not allow for different belief systems to call yourself a believer. Calvinism's "way" is different than your "way", and neither "way" of yours is through faith in Christ, according to the Gospel.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I give up, again, for the 100th time. As long as you think you are infallible like God, there is no use/hope. While you are being like divisive, extreme Christian groups trying to evangelize and condemn genuine Christians (Baptists, etc.), I will join the rest of these great groups in evangelizing the true lost: Muslims, atheists, JWs, Mormons, some Catholics, Buddhists, etc. The Christian denominations you diss believe exactly what you do on the essentials, so you are a total retard.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I give up, again, for the 100th time.
No you don't. You can't help but spread your godless religion.
As long as you think you are infallible like God, there is no use/hope.
Unlike you, I believe God, and that He alone is infallible. I believe what He says, you do not. You would rather teach a fallible message that gives no one any hope.
I will join the rest of these great groups in evangelizing the true lost: Muslims, atheists, JWs, Mormons, some Catholics, Buddhists, etc.
You lead these people straight to eternal death with you. You have nothing to share with them. You are their enemy, just as you are of Christ.

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't like anybody when they're new.
Then I stop not liking them once I know them.
Then I start to like some because they're entertaining.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
No you don't. You can't help but spread your godless religion. Unlike you, I believe God, and that He alone is infallible. I believe what He says, you do not. You would rather teach a fallible message that gives no one any hope. You lead these people straight to eternal death with you. You have nothing to share with them. You are their enemy, just as you are of Christ.

My God is triune, Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Jesus is God Almighty in the flesh, risen from the dead. I have no other false gods before Him.

Atheists are godless, not theists who worship the true God/Christ and believe every word of Scripture, properly translated/interpreted.

The gospel is based on the person and work of Christ and is grace/faith based, not works/law.

Rom. 10:9-10; Jn. 3:16, etc. is true whether you think I believe it or not.

I don't have to spout sozo-additions to be considered gospel based.

Status
Not open for further replies.