toldailytopic: Which TOL member(s) did you dislike at first but now like? (or vice ve

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had a hard time with Trad for a long time. We still go 'round and 'round on issues, but I've come to appreciate the way his mind works, even if I disagree with him on fundamentals. As Jane would have it...It isn't so much that he has improved in essentials (indeed, I believe he is the same as ever he was in that regard), it is just that he improves upon acquaintance.

I cannot abide The Horn. His musings are pure folly.

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Why did Jesus die, William?

To save smucks like you and me from sin (Jn. 1:29) and to give us His life, eternal life (Jn. 3:16; I Jn. 5:11-13). The benefits of salvation are too numerous to list (Rom. 1:16).

ghost

Hall of Fame
To save smucks like you and me from sin (Jn. 1:29)
Is it your belief (today) that His death took away the sins of the world? When Paul said that Jesus died for our sins, how long after His death did Paul say this, and what sins was he speaking of?

fzappa13

graceandpeace and I got off to a bad start (I pejoratively called her sozo's twin sister?!). The Holy Spirit spoke to both of us and we are now respectful and civil despite still disagreeing on some things.

There will be a blue moon and hell will freeze over when sozo/ghost and I are warm and fuzzy (or the rapture happens, which ever comes first).

:darwinsm:

I, for one, will not be holding my breath in anticipation of either of those events.

fzappa13

Those in darkness (Calvinists, Pentecostals, Charismatics, Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, Baptists, Mormons, Muslims, Scientologists, Trinitarians, Presbyterians, Christians, Messianic Jews, Seventh Day Adventists, Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jews, Nonismatists, some Open Theists ... heck, anyone but me.) have it as their agenda to keep others in the dark. Those of us in the light (read here me), are here to expose them.

In a really weird way I experience some comfort in your consistency ... sort of like seeing the sun come up ... only not nearly as attractive or illuminating.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Is it your belief (today) that His death took away the sins of the world? When Paul said that Jesus died for our sins, how long after His death did Paul say this, and what sins was he speaking of?

His death is a substitute for the penalty of sin. It is a perfect provision for all men and all sins. However, universalism is not true, so there is a condition for subjectively appropriating His objective provision.

I deny that future sins exist, but I do not deny that there is provision for them if they are actualized.

"It is finished". We can add nothing to His finished work, but we must receive His free gift vs reject it (I Jn. 5:11-13).

ghost

Hall of Fame
His death is a substitute for the penalty of sin. It is a perfect provision for all men and all sins. However, universalism is not true, so there is a condition for subjectively appropriating His objective provision.
Thank you for admitting that you reject the Gospel outright.

I deny that future sins exist
How many sins were in the future from Jesus death when Paul said that "Jesus died for our sins"
but I do not deny that there is provision for them if they are actualized.
Yes, we know you worship and serve a goat god.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Thread on the run . . . ."

:plain:

But I'm in so deep, you know I'm such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let this thread linger
Do you have to, do you have to
Do you have to let it linger......

Status
Not open for further replies.