toldailytopic: The election is finally upon us. What do you think will be the outcome

eameece

I don't know, but I'm glad I live in a swing-state (Pennsylvania) where my vote will matter.

I don't know how people in states like NY, California, Texas, Illinois, etc get excited to vote, when it is crystal clear who will get their state's electoral votes before they even vote.

And yet, it's still the people in those states who vote, and thus decide that their state is not a swing state.

I suppose we could just let about 36 of the states have their electoral votes be decided by the polls. But it's also true that there's other people and measures to vote on, everywhere.

If the downside is that people in safe states feel their vote doesn't matter, the upside is that we don't get bombarded with months of ads, phone calls and visits to our door.

EDIT: And also remember that which states are swing states fluctuates over time.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To me it seems that Obama's victory was basically assured the moment the Extreme Right decided that Romney was too "liberal."

Nice use of the Quote feature. :cool:

That was four and a half years ago! The Republican party decided to nominate him anyway. It was the same with McCain, by the way!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obama will win, conservatives Republicans will rant and rave for weeks after
Conservatives are aware that a Romney victory would be the final death nail in the conservative movement.

and/or demand multiple recounts
If it is close which ever party is not on top will do that!

and Romney will go back to being obscenely rich.

When did he stop :idunno: I wouldn't mind being obscenely rich, by the way!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As inept as he is and the fact that Romney isn't leading by a landslide is perplexing to me.

Actually, he is. The polls exist to shape public opinion. Romney will win with relative ease in a continuation of the rejection of Obama care and marxism that hit the 2010 midterms.

The polls are voting with a heavy democrat lean (asking more registered D than R). And Romney is crushing Obama with independents, which is the final 25 in most polls. Over sampling by 7 to 11 for Obama, and Romney is ahead by 1 to 3, or tied.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I suspect that Romney will win by a landslide. Americans are sick of Obama spending America into debt up to its eyebrows. They are also sick of Obama not listening to the voters like he promised he would. Remember that website he set up where he would get feedback from the citizens? He promised to be a user friendly President. He's turned out to be the exact opposite. He's a slick Chicago politician and many Americans are fed up.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I suspect the President will win a comfortable EC vote and that the popular vote will be much closer. But I'm more interested in a constitutional amendment in my state that will preserve my little community, preserving our historic homes and character. Landmark District here we come. :D

eameece

Conservatives are aware that a Romney victory would be the final death nail in the conservative movement.
Possibly, but one thing is for sure; no conservative or anyone else has the slightest idea what Romney would stand for or what he might do in office.

eameece

I think Romney will win.

You are doing wishful thinking. But then, that's par for the course around here!

But I like your angel4truth sign. It even swings to the beat of my current favorite song, Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen! (well, almost!)

(btw Owl City is Adam Young, and he is a Christian)

Good Time

picture.php

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I suspect the President will win a comfortable EC vote .

How so? He is either losing in the swing states by a lot, or tied with polls that use a democratic lean. So how do you figure? I am watching al jezeera right now. They think Romney is winning, but want Obama to win (badly).

Lovebug

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 5th, 2012 09:47 AM

toldailytopic: The election is finally upon us. What do you think will be the outcome?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Life will go on.