toldailytopic: The election is finally upon us. What do you think will be the outcome

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 5th, 2012 09:47 AM

toldailytopic: The election is finally upon us. What do you think will be the outcome?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Buzzword

Obama will win, conservatives will rant and rave for weeks after and/or demand multiple recounts, and Romney will go back to being obscenely rich.

Only now he won't have to pretend he cares for anyone else any longer.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I kind of think Obama will win. As inept as he is and the fact that Romney isn't leading by a landslide is perplexing to me. I guess people love a liar and don't care what Obama says and does.

PureX

We're screwed either way because regardless of who wins, the government will still be serving the wealthy elite at everyone else's expense. If Obama wins, he may slow, slightly, our headlong rush into plutocracy, and if Romney wins, he'll surely speed it up. But neither of them will do anything to change this self-destructive coarse we're on.

Junius Gallio

Obama will win right around 290 electoral votes. The popular vote will be close, but not the closest in history.

Third-party candidates will win exactly 0 electoral votes.

Pundits on the right will yammer about the supposed "immanent destruction of America." Pundits on the left will yammer about a "decisive victory." Both will be wrong, but will be heralded by their various ditto-head contingencies.

I've not seen any polls for how the race is going in Wisconsin 1, but I see very little reason to believe Ryan is going home after this election. He's still running for his seat in the House, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't win it. However, it looks like Obama's going to win the Wisconsin electoral votes.

The big question for me is will the Fiscal Cliff be averted?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
A republican or a democrat will win and middle America will lose (more money).

Junius Gallio

Agreed. The elites are the winners here. Neither candidate's going to do anything for the rest of us.

Ah, for the old days...:execute:

First they came for the King. I wasn't the King, so I said nothing.

Then they came for the politicians. I wasn't a politician, so I said nothing.

Then they came for the lawyers. I wasn't a lawyer, but I've been cheated by plenty, so I said "Yeah! That's how you do it!"