toldailytopic: How many good works does it takes to get into heaven?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
oh-i-know-u-mad-cuz-im-stylin-on-you-ec2124.jpg

:rotfl:

Scumbag Steve.

Choleric

The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the *mysterious* square root of Pi:

1.7724538509055159 good works are needed to get to heaven. Do more or less, and you are damned. :thumb:

Any questions?

:plain:

genuineoriginal

Getting into heaven is not the goal.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.​

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I going to risk it, and maybe face neg repping and getting hammered with fool, idiot, liar, false something or other whatever...because this is my answer, and I'm sticking to it.

Only one good work, and that is the good work that Jesus did upon the cross of calvary for the redemption of my poor lost soul, that one good good work of Jesus and nothing else. For without Jesus good work on the cross, I would still be lost in trespasses and sin.

As for the good works that I do since being saved that are a product of my love for Jesus and serving Him, and the merit of those works whether good or bad will come under scrutiny at the Judgment Seat of Christ; as the one good work of Jesus dying for me and my repenting, confessing and believing in Jesus, that will stand, and by His merit and nothing that I could do. Praise the Lord for that unspeakable gift, that good work of Jesus to redeem those who accept the free offer of salvation.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The Bible says that we are justified by faith and works. Jesus says if you don't have good works, you'll spend eternity with the devil.

I think He knows what he's talking about.

genuineoriginal

An old joke, but a goodie:
How to Get Into Heaven

A man dies and mets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Peter says to the man, "Here's how it works. You need to have one hundred points to get into heaven. You tell me about all the good things you've done. They are all worth a certain number of points. If your total is one hundred or more, you can come in."

"Well," says the man. "I was happily married to the same woman for 52 years. I never looked at another woman. I was attentive and loved her dearly."

"That's great," says St. Peter. "That'll be two points."

"Hmmm," says the man. "This is going to be harder than I thought. Well, I attended church regularly, volunteered my time and tithed faithfully."

"Wonderful," says St. Peter, "That's worth another point."

"One point!" says the man. "Okay, okay. I was involved with a prison ministry for twenty-five years. I went into the prison, at least monthly, and shared Jesus with them."

"Wow!" says St. Peter. "That's another two points!"

"Only two points!" says the man. "At this rate, it'll be only by the grace of God that'll I'll ever get into this place."

"Bingo!" says St. Peter. "That's one hundred points! Come on in."​

john w

Hall of Fame
нуль.

"...as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things.." Acts! 17:25

" If thou be righteous, what givest thou him? or what receiveth he of thine hand?" Job 35:7

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." Job 38:4

"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts." Haggai 2:8

Paulos

Titus 3:5-7
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.​

After that we have been saved by God's grace, God calls us to lives of fruitful good works:

2 Corinthians 9:8; Colossians 1:10; Titus 2:7, 3:1, 3:8, 3:14; 2 Thessalonians 3:13-15; 1 Timothy 6:18–19; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; etc., etc...