The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, you ignore what I say and go on with your beliefs and insults.

You vile hypocrite. Your brought up the differences in our beliefs and because you don't like the answer you fail to address the issue. Both AMR and I believe that salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone and we both understand the true nature of God. YOU DON'T!

glorydaz

Yes I believe the conception of Jesus to have been miraculous.

Pretty sure John the baptizer was born in much the same fashion.

No, he wasn't. He was born like any other man...with a human father and a human mother. That he was anointed by the Holy Spirit doesn't mean he was conceived by the Spirit. "Elisabeth shall bear THEE a son".

Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.​

How is it possible that the word that comes from GOD is GOD? easy; it is the limit to which man can know of GOD[/YELLOW,]through Christ/ the Spirit.

STOP calling OUR LORD Jesus Christ, "Christ/the Spirit".

It's no wonder you have to claim ignorance about what John 1:1 makes clear as a bell.

No, the entire chapter of John speaks of the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. The entire Bible points to His Deity.

The Word came from GOD and was GOD. BUT BEING made in the form of man was made of no reputation.

If He Had the fullness of GOD as man then He would have been omniscient.

You claim He wasn't. Whether He accessed His Divine intellect at all times is up for debate. But He did continue to hold all things together even here on earth. We see again...IN HIM all fulness dwells.

Col. 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Why would GOD send GOD to be a sacrifice for, and a payment to GOD?

GOD provided HIMSELF a sacrifice for sin because no man was found worthy. God became flesh and dwelt among us. Which is why God says He is the only SAVIOUR.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​

God's Truth

You vile hypocrite. Your brought up the differences in our beliefs and because you don't like the answer you fail to address the issue. Both AMR and I believe that salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone and we both understand the true nature of God. YOU DON'T!

Just listen to how you are talking about me. Relax and we can talk more later.

God's Truth

No, he wasn't. He was born like any other man...with a human father and a human mother. That he was anointed by the Holy Spirit doesn't mean he was conceived by the Spirit. "Elisabeth shall bear THEE a son".

Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.​

STOP calling OUR LORD Jesus Christ, "Christ/the Spirit".

It's no wonder you have to claim ignorance about what John 1:1 makes clear as a bell.

No, the entire chapter of John speaks of the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. The entire Bible points to His Deity.

You claim He wasn't. Whether He accessed His Divine intellect at all times is up for debate. But He did continue to hold all things together even here on earth. We see again...IN HIM all fulness dwells.

Col. 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

GOD provided HIMSELF a sacrifice for sin because no man was found worthy. God became flesh and dwelt among us. Which is why God says He is the only SAVIOUR.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​

Christ means God/Lord/Spirit.
That is who God is; He is God, Lord, Spirit.
That is who Jesus is; He is God, Lord, Spirit.
There is only one God and He is the Father.
Jesus is that one and same God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.
Jesus is the Christ, the Lord God and Father.

popsthebuilder

You have a real problem. Handle this correctly.

Acts 5:3-4New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.
Handle what exactly. The Holy Spirit dwells in all those involved in that conversation.

What does that have to do with the Spirit of God, being in Jesus and too still the Spirit of GOD?

popsthebuilder

(This is a copy of my personal testimony of receiving faith in GOD. I was and am reluctant to post it here for a multitude of reasons. It isn't tuned towards any certain audience in particular and is simply a recount of what I recall that seemed relevant to the accuracy of the account. Thanks to those who read with an opened mind and who showed interest.

peace)

This is a copy that I wrote to someone who had inquiries about two years ago I guess.

Please ask anything and give honest opinion.

Okay. A little back ground is in order I suppose.

From early childhood up until what happened I was an atheist or agnostic. I remember thinking at a young age that there couldn't be a God because pain and suffering seemed to be observable everywhere. At some point I did consider the Sun to be a higher power of sorts as no life that I knew of could live without it. I remember asking my father once if he thought there was a God. After careful consideration he replied that he did not know. I lived with my mom. We didn't go to church much; maybe a handful of times in early childhood. She wasn't really spiritual or religious that I could tell. I do recall my grandmother being a believer because at family gatherings she would insist that someone said grace or have thanks to God. Anyway, I went through life in relative solitude, always being somewhat odd or different I guess. At an early age I recognized pain as an electronic signal of sorts. In doing so I was able to train myself to endure quite a bit of it. I turned myself off emotionally somehow, letting little really affect me. I began to realize that anger and pain could be channeled and used as strength and motivation. Not being spiritual in any way, I guess I didn't realize the ramifications this could have later.

Fast forward to mid twenties. All lessons I learned the hard way, taking no advice from any, finding out for myself. Personal failure and disappointment on a constant level made me self loathing. Severe drug addiction made it worse. Though I had strength I couldn't stop by my own will seemingly. I hated pretty much everything, but most of all, myself. I awoke angry and fell asleep angry for years, even before serious drug addiction. I fought myself for a couple of years trying to change the direction I was witnessing myself going. I used to park at graveyards and contemplate death. I fervently wished I had the strength to kill myself, and hated myself that much more for being too cowardly to go through with it. Throughout my life, but mostly throughout my addiction, I had a lot of time to contemplate things, and view my own actions or the lack there of retrospectively. Somewhere in the midst of all this I recall sincerely swallowing my misplaced pride which was all but gone already, and asking for help. I pleaded to GOD, Christ, Jesus, whatever. I did this once. I realized that regardless of what I thought and how strong I thought I was, I couldn't seem to be able to make the change for better happen. Down, at my lowest point, I recall seeing what most likely would have been explained away by anyone(including myself) as a smudge on a window. There was light coming through. Regardless, the smudge had the vague form of an Angel. I don't know exactly why, but seeing that gave me an inkling of hope. I was still severely addicted though I had lost almost everything I had ever cared about. A woman I had a child with had taken me in at this point and the three of us were struggling pretty bad. She told me she was moving back home and said I could come. I did. I vaguely recall seeing something again when we moved. I don't even remember what it was, but I do remember that it reminded me of what I had seen on the window, and again that misplaced hope surfaced. Months went by. Her, my son, and myself moved in together in her home town. I had not used since we moved. I made a trip back home and used for one night. I returned and went back to not using. Throughout this time I still had all the same hate and anger that I had before. Though I was doing better as far as my drug addiction was concerned, she wasn't really trying to change. Our son was in the middle. This and other things brought great tention on our relationship. I went to jail for a somewhat unrelated reason. I got out about a month later I guess. When I returned home with her and my son I realized she had been doing some really messed up things while I was gone. I was so worried for the upbringing of my son that I justified killing her and going to prison, because I thought my son would be better off. I chased her for about a half an hour, methodically. She couldn't leave because I had her car keys. For those minutes I did intent to take her life with my hands. Thankfully, I eventually have her her keys and she left.

Okay, so that was a lot of back story. Sorry if it bored you. I've never went into that much detail about it but it seemed necessary to convey the state of mind I was in.

I'm not sure if it was the next day or a couple of days later.

I'm driving home from work on a usual road. Listening to the radio as I drive. The radio fades out to silence. This never happened before. I adjust the station and volume to no avail whatsoever...silence. Suddenly and inexplicably I feel this great weight, this huge burden lifted from me. My anger, pain, and hatred are removed all at once. I am overwhelmed with joy as tears flow freely from my eyes( something that previously just didn't really happen). I am utterly and wholly grateful and thank GOD. Many things begin to come into my mind. Things I never even fathomed. I am shown, in my mind, how GOD was with me through all things I had endured. I was shown how every step in my life had been for a reason and that GOD had been ever present through it all regardless of my obliviousness to it. I was shown how GOD was there before my conception and through my troubled birth. I was shown that I was here for a reason and that all I had been through was too, for a reason. Many understandings and revelations took place. Then things stopped coming into my mind. An utter peace never thought possible was with me. A joyous expectation of life filled me. The radio fades back in to the same station and volume it had been at. I felt the strong edge to write down what had taken place. When I got home, I found the nearest utensils at hand and began writing. I had intended to describe the happenings that had taken place. What I wrote is more of some sort of moral code. This all happened when I was thirty in 2011. I never really looked at those writings again for about four years. At which time I started reading the bible. For some reason I don't recall I found this invoice book that I had written in years before. When I read it it was as if it had been taken out of the bible or something because of the nature of the written material.

I had never read the bible or really even heard it prior to writing what I wrote.

In the past couple of years other things have happened and changes have taken place. But that is a different story I suppose. Regardless of what happens to me for whatever reasons, I will never forget the miraculous event that took place in my life by the grace and mercy of GOD.
All praise and thanks is to GOD.

popsthebuilder

That doesn't make sense to me.

The temple was later razed, not raised.
The body of Christ is the temple of GOD.

within It is the Spirit of GOD.

Even upon the end or rather near it; the Holy Spirit will dwell in the body of Christ(the congregation of the faithful) and they will be the members of the body and limbs of the vine.

popsthebuilder

Then why did you act as if believe in the trinity is salvific and not Christ?

God's Truth

No, Christ means "anointed one", "chosen one", MESSIAH.

Go back to school, GT. You aren't ready to graduate.

Christ mean God/Lord/Spirit.

I will post the proof but I doubt that you will carefully consider them and reply with a careful answer.

All these scriptures I am going to post are about the same time in the desert. They are scriptures from different books, but they are all about the same time in the desert.
Read this scripture, it says we should not test CHRIST:

1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

Did you read that? Jesus is Christ, agree? That scripture shows us that Christ was in the desert with Moses.

Now read this scripture:
Exodus 17:2
Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Did you read that?

MOSES says why you test the LORD.

Test who?

Christ.

Test who?

The LORD.

Now read this scripture:

Psalm 106:14
But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.

Did you read that?

Test who in the desert?

TESTED GOD.

Read this scripture:

Psalm 95:9
"When your fathers tested Me, They tried Me, though they had seen My work.

Tested who?

Tested Me.

Who is Me?

Me is God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son.

So then, we can see that Christ is the LORD God the Father.