The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

God did send His Son to die; and, this Son is God the Father come in the flesh.

So what you are trying to reason to JR is that if Jesus isn't God the Father, then God sent His Son to die and not Himself, therefore He did a pagan thing.

Good for you, Popsthebuilder, good for you!
GOD allowed HIS beloved faithful Son to die for the sake of all humanity and creation, that they might, through the travail of the Christ of GOD,and the working of the Holy Spirit, return from whence they all came, which is to say; return to their abode with GOD. The teachings and example and self sacrifice of the Lord is the way to GOD, through the salvation made available by the work of GOD through Jesus. He suffered for our sakes, though man cannot affect the ultimate will of GOD to any extent whatsoever.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had repented beforehand and too pleased and hoped on GOD, Jesus, and Christ in desperate need and in sincere hope.

(I separate Them above to denote my mindset and ignorance at that time, as I was still some sort of atheist or agnostic.)

If you like; i can send you a copy of my attempted recounting of the event that took place, privately.

I won't be posting it here without the consent of the author ofnthis thread though.

Just let me know...

If you feel it is appropriate you may post it.

God's Truth

I had repented beforehand and too pleased and hoped on GOD, Jesus, and Christ in desperate need and in sincere hope.

(I separate Them above to denote my mindset and ignorance at that time, as I was still some sort of atheist or agnostic.)

If you like; i can send you a copy of my attempted recounting of the event that took place, privately.

I won't be posting it here without the consent of the author ofnthis thread though.

Just let me know...

I would like to hear your testimony.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God did send His Son to die; and, this Son is God the Father come in the flesh.

So what you are trying to reason to JR is that if Jesus isn't God the Father, then God sent His Son to die and not Himself, therefore He did a pagan thing.

Good for you, Popsthebuilder, good for you!

You are WRONG. God the father did not come in the flesh. God the Son came in the flesh

2 Timothy 2:15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. :poly:

God's Truth

You are WRONG. God the father did not come in the flesh. God the Son came in the flesh

2 Timothy 2:15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. :poly:

God the Son is God the Father, for there is only one God and He is the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God the Son is God the Father, for there is only one God and He is the Father.

You have a real problem. Handle this correctly.

Acts 5:3-4New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

God's Truth

GOD allowed HIS beloved faithful Son to die for the sake of all humanity and creation, that they might, through the travail of the Christ of GOD,and the working of the Holy Spirit, return from whence they all came, which is to say; return to their abode with GOD. The teachings and example and self sacrifice of the Lord is the way to GOD, through the salvation made available by the work of GOD through Jesus. He suffered for our sakes, though man cannot affect the ultimate will of GOD to any extent whatsoever.
I am not sure not what you are saying. You need to make it clearer. As for you saying man cannot affect the ultimate will of God to any extent, what do you mean by that? Why would you even bring that up at this time?

As for you saying man cannot affect the the will of God---you are badly mistaken.

Right Divider

Body part
"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you" (Rom 8:11)

Two different persons, one raised the other from being dead.
John 2:19-22 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (2:20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body. (2:22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

You need to rethink this.

God's Truth

You have a real problem. Handle this correctly.

Acts 5:3-4New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

The scripture proves what I say. The Holy Spirit IS God. Jesus IS the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scripture proves what I say. The Holy Spirit IS God. Jesus IS the Holy Spirit.

WRONG AGAIN! When are you going to get it right?

John 16:5-9New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Holy Spirit Promised
5 “But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8 And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Three different persons, NOT ONE PERSON! Study some more :poly:

God's Truth

WRONG AGAIN! When are you going to get it right?

John 16:5-9New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Holy Spirit Promised
5 “But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8 And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Three different persons, NOT ONE PERSON! Study some more :poly:

Jesus is the ONE WHO WAS living WITH THEM.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

WHO WILL BE IN THEM? Jesus will!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is the ONE WHO WAS living WITH THEM.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

WHO WILL BE IN THEM? Jesus will!

Your beliefs are modalistic. No matter what you say, the truth is the truth.

Modalism
by Matt Slick
4/30/2008

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity. Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son; and after Jesus' ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, this view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time--only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

Present-day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus, and require baptism for salvation. These modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of the LORD Jesus Christ. Look familiar?

Col. 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Oops you skipped something. NO MAN was found worthy...not in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth.

Rev. 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? 3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.​

Not only the "root of David", but the "offspring of David". How can that be LA?

When Thomas said "My Lord and my God", he spoke correctly because he knew Jesus was IN the Glory of His Father through the resurrection.

You need to understand the union of the Father IN His son, but you claim Jesus is both, and that from the time of his birth.

Even before the resurrection of Christ, during His ministry, He spoke from the Father and from Himself.

Christ in the Rev. book is demonstrating the mystery of Godliness, which also all of the saints will enjoy fully in the future and something partially of it now.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

However this is something yet beyond most on this board.

LA

God's Truth

Your beliefs are modalistic. No matter what you say, the truth is the truth.

Modalism
by Matt Slick
4/30/2008

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity. Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son; and after Jesus' ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, this view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time--only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

Present-day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus, and require baptism for salvation. These modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Matt Slick doesn't even have enough knowledge not to be a Calvinist.

God's Truth

But still He has you tagged to a Tee. You by definition are a modalist.

If Matt Slick, or you would debate me, you both would not be able to, as you have proved.

I gave you scripture that says plainly that the Holy Spirit would live in them. Why won't you address the truth that it is Jesus who will live in them?