The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

I see a potential problem there Bright Raven. Death in technicalities. I'm not taking a side here, but if Jesus is fully man, where is he now? Those that are fully men have physical bodies. If Jesus is hiding on the far side of the moon perhaps, but if he isn't physically anywhere then Jesus doesn't exist by your definition. Yet Jesus speaks in Revelation.

You used "is" in your description for Jesus, as in "is ... fully man" but perhaps "was" might be better said.

The Father is Spirit.

Jesus is fully God and Fully man.

The Spirit is the Comforter sent from them Father.

Try to prove any of them wrong!

And just a general request of the whole population here, extra effort to be kind to each other would go a long ways towards both understanding and persuasiveness.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What do you mean "Here you go"????

I answered your request for scripture.

Answer the questions:

Is God the Father a Spirit?

The Father has been a spirit for all of eternity, and will always be a spirit for all eternity.

Is Jesus Christ the Son a Spirit?

Jesus Christ, the Son was a spirit for all of eternity, but became flesh and dwelt among us. He shall remain a man for the rest of eternity, but He is also fully God.

Is the Holy Spirit a Spirit?

The Holy Spirit has been a spirit for all of eternity, and will always be a spirit.

There, happy now?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Father is Spirit.

So now yes or no is Jesus the Spirit?

Yes or no is the Holy Spirit a Spirit?

Why do you keep asking for answers to the same question

Jesus is a man given as a gift to all humanity.

The Holy Spirit is a gift given from the Father.

Do you disagree?

Rosenritter

If you read Paul's description of the gospel, of which the resurrection is central, he says that in the resurrection, we shall be changed, as Christ was changed. That we shall take on immortality, and shed corruption and mortality. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, he says.

Men are made of flesh and blood. But if we will be changed to inherit the kingdom and will no longer be flesh and blood, why would Jesus now and forever be flesh and blood? He would be the only flesh and blood man left in existence...

The Father has been a spirit for all of eternity, and will always be a spirit for all eternity.

Jesus Christ, the Son was a spirit for all of eternity, but became flesh and dwelt among us. He shall remain a man for the rest of eternity, but He is also fully God.

The Holy Spirit has been a spirit for all of eternity, and will always be a spirit.

There, happy now?

NWL

Scripture doesn't say that, and not like that. You should care more about what you say and how you say it.

It sure does buddy. You're reading from an english translation. If you read it in ancient Greek it calls Satan "the God of this world". This is undeniable.

2 Cor 4:4

ἐν οἷς ὁ θεὸς τοῦ αἰῶνος τούτου ἐτύφλωσεν τὰ νοήματα τῶν ἀπίστων εἰς τὸ μὴ αὐγάσαι τὸν φωτισμὸν τοῦ εὐαγγελίου τῆς δόξης τοῦ Χριστοῦ ὅς ἐστιν εἰκὼν τοῦ θεοῦ.

in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

ὁ θεὸς = The God

glorydaz

Too scared to answer the question? What's your excuse going to be for not answering it?

Ha! Then you're denying scripture. They are gods, you may hate the idea but to understand the bible correctly you have to accept the bible for what it is and not what you want it to mean.

Psalms 82:1 states God takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges. Please answer me, does God judge in the middle of the gods?

I'm not too "scared" to answer any of your questions, and you're making a fool of yourself by suggesting it. Let's look at Psalm 82. Your JW Bible won't cut it here, but we can do this just by explaining the meaning of the Psalm. It speaks for itself once you actually read it.

This Psalm is talking about the Judges God gave Israel....they had the power to speak for God when they deliberated what came in front of their bench. God is asking them how long they "will judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked". He tells them to be impartial...to defend the poor and fatherless...to do "justice". He reminds them, though they sit on the judges bench and are mighty with the power God has given them, they will die like men. They are not gods...deities of any kind.

Psalm 82
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.​

This is a perfect example of how the cults take such verses...not even bothering to read them, apparently, to make some outlandish claims about men being "gods". It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

God's Truth

There, happy now?

I am glad that you finally answered.

You agree with me that the Father is Spirit.

The Son is Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Spirit.

Do you agree that there is only One Divine Spirit?

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18 For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

God's Truth

It sure does buddy. You're reading from an english translation. If you read it in ancient Greek it calls Satan "the God of this world". This is undeniable.

Scripture does NOT say what you said.

You should care more about the Truth.

You even deny what you say.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am glad that you finally answered.

You agree with me that the Father is Spirit.

The Son is Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Spirit.

Do you agree that there is only One Divine Spirit?

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18 For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
Thanks for trying to modify what I said.

Let's read it again, shaaaall weeeee?

There, happy now?

And I said "spirit," not "Spirit" for a reason, GT.

It wasn't a typo on my part.

NWL

You ignored me again.

Why does Jesus call the Father the only true God in John 17:3? Did Jesus mean only when he said only?

(John 17:1,3) "..Father... This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.."

Just tell me you're not going to answer and I'll stop asking.

God's Truth

NWL, you are a dishonest person.

You said the Bible says Satan is God.

Like I said to you, I doesn't really matter. Remember 2 Cor 4:4 says Satan is God, does it matter? Nope.

Scripture doesn't say that, and not like that. You should care more about what you say and how you say it.

The scriptures speak of Satan being the god of this world, not what you say.

You said the scripture says Satan is God.

NWL

NWL, you are a dishonest person.

You said the Bible says Satan is God.

The scriptures speak of Satan being the god of this world, not what you say.

You said the scripture says Satan is God.

What does it say then, does the verse say Satan is the God of this world?

glorydaz

Ha....he's a fallen angel that can do nothing without God's permission. Man can make a god out of anything...a fallen angel, a judge, a golden calf, etc. Only men consider them to be gods. Your efforts to capitalize the word god means nothing. They are nothing.

1 Chronicles 16:26 For all the gods of the people are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

God's Truth

Thanks for trying to modify what I said.

Let's read it again, shaaaall weeeee?

And I said "spirit," not "Spirit" for a reason, GT.

It wasn't a typo on my part.

I do not do what you accuse me of.

You claim the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three different spirits, correct?

Now you need to tell me how many Divine Spirits there are.