The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

All Christians pray to the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, by the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Why?

You tell me . . .

People search for God and that is before they are saved.
Who searches for that which they already have?
I tell you, you are entrapped to believe the teachings of John Calvin.
You go on and on about things that are not true.
All you have to do to get the truth is to repent of everything you think you know.

God's Truth

To make a point to you.

A man can have more than one spirit in him.

Even science has documented many personalities in one person.

Are they spirits???????

You are concerned about the spirit son that entered Jesus. It simply joined the spirit that was already there and took control over his words. After all, both have the save Father.

Something is seriously wrong with you to bring up demons when I speak of God.

popsthebuilder

Heh?

The entirety of Scripture reveals Triune God.

It is this Truth of the Godhead that believers trust in by faith, alone.
Then you should have no problem substantiating your claims with scripture.

Surely you aren't saying tradition is right because it is tradition. But if that is what you are hinting at, then maybe you can find supporting scripture for that(within context in all cases please/ or simple reference).

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

glorydaz

You deny that God is Spirit?
You deny that Jesus is Spirit?
You deny that the Holy Spirit is Spirit?
You deny that there is only one Spirit?

Clearly you are confused about our triune God.

You don't even understand that Jesus was fully God and fully man.

In His humanity...Jesus was not a spirit, but He had a spirit (as all humans do). He also had the Holy Spirit dwelling in Him, like some of us do.

Until you can understand these baby steps, there is no point in moving on.
Every question you ask is so far off the wall, an entire explanation is required.

Saxon Hammer

You friend, are a broken record. In over 13 months I haven't seen you post anything but anti Trinity bunk. You are obsessed with it.

As some information has ALREADY been posted in this thread about the delay in adding the concept of 'The holy trinity' to the bible and indications that some verses have been 'amended/added to', I too have VERY serious doubts as to the validity of 'Father, son and holy ghost'.

Some talk of the 'trinity' involves 'blood and water' so they maybe a different form of 'Trinity' that I do not yet know.

From my perspective - Just as our mother and father give birth to us, our 'spirit' holds allegiance to them and should we birth our own then our 'spirit' should hold allegiance to our children. This is the 'real' version of 'father, son and holy ghost'.

The only way we can 'know God' is through our spirit, this spirit NEVER stops but can be stifled by poor thinking and allowing the 'animal' part of our physical existence to dominate our lives.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, because a person is an individual human being. I'm not saying it isn't accepted when describing the trinity, but I personally think it's misleading.

noun
a human being regarded as an individual.
"the porter was the last person to see her"
synonyms:human being, individual, man/woman, child, human, being, (living) soul, mortal, creature; More

Yes, the above is a finite definition applied to an infinite God . . It just does not suffice . . But so far, I have not read or found any satisfying answer to better describe the Triune Godhead.

Have you?

The Holy Spirit is spirit and as such not a person.

Saying the Father of all existence is a person is really misleading.

Funnily enough...

45ba29f4b86185da49267736b1b9e4e2.jpg

Notice the third definition...

God's Truth

In His humanity...Jesus was not a spirit, but He had a spirit (as all humans do). He also had the Holy Spirit dwelling in Him, like some of us do.

Every question you ask is so far off the wall, an entire explanation is required.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Rosenritter

An observation, the phrase "fully God and fully man" may be confusing to some. It's not a phrase lifted from scriptural quote. If I said "the fruit was fully apple and fully orange" people would be confused as well. It seems contradictory. And it would be, if both "apple" and "orange" meant the actual fruit, rather than one being fruit and the other color, etc...

From Philippians 2

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

To make it more confusing, "God" might mean different things depending on application: it can mean the actual being, or it might mean the position status and title. In one of these senses, Jesus was fully God. In the other sense, humbling himself he operated outside of his status of "God" for a short time. I have a friend who, understanding the nature of Jesus just as I do I think, doesn't want to say that Jesus was "fully God" because he understand "God" to encompass including Christ (the superset includes the subset, not the other way around.)

Point being that the phrase you used seems accurate enough when one refers to the being, and the other as the form. "Fully God" means it was truly our God, the same that created us, because "God" is meant as a person. "Fully man" meaning as described above, "being found in the form of a man" because "man" is a generic form, not a specific individual.

Eagles Wings

Intellectually, yes.

I have reached the conclusion that belief in the Triune God is the result of saving grace and faith, alone.

Trusting in The Triune God is EVIDENCE of true salvation and actual indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

We, as Christians confess God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by FAITH, even when we humanly cannot fully explain His Fullness and Glory.
A hearty Amen!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Without the logos, Jesus is not the Christ.

It is the logos that God used to create the Universe, not Jesus.

Jesus was BORN flesh, the LOGOS (spirit son) came from above.

They BECAME one when Jesus was baptized with the logos, remember the dove. It was then that Jesus received the POWER. Acts 10:38.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

That power is the power of the logos or spirit son, express image, form of God.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

You are assuming that the anointing was the "joining"... but Jesus was (Conceived of the HOLY SPIRIT).

This is an issue that I never understand in the "adoption" system. Also... it is clear that the LOGOS became FLESH... due to the "conception".

Why do you circumvent this?

glorydaz

An observation, the phrase "fully God and fully man" may be confusing to some. It's not a phrase lifted from scriptural quote. If I said "the fruit was fully apple and fully orange" people would be confused as well. It seems contradictory. And it would be, if both "apple" and "orange" meant the actual fruit, rather than one being fruit and the other color, etc...

From Philippians 2

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

To make it more confusing, "God" might mean different things depending on application: it can mean the actual being, or it might mean the position status and title. In one of these senses, Jesus was fully God. In the other sense, humbling himself he operated outside of his status of "God" for a short time. I have a friend who, understanding the nature of Jesus just as I do I think, doesn't want to say that Jesus was "fully God" because he understand "God" to encompass including Christ (the superset includes the subset, not the other way around.)

Point being that the phrase you used seems accurate enough when one refers to the being, and the other as the form. "Fully God" means it was truly our God, the same that created us, because "God" is meant as a person. "Fully man" meaning as described above, "being found in the form of a man" because "man" is a generic form, not a specific individual.

Well, He is fully God because He created all things.

He is fully man because He became one of us willingly in order to suffer the same things we do. Because He is God, He was able to do exactly that.

I don't see what's confusing about it.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

A hearty Amen!
Then perhaps you can explain why GOD would send GOD to be a blood sacrifice and payment for all sin for man(GOD's creation) to GOD, and how this saves man and GOD's creation.

With such a hardy amen on the Trinity doctrine being pertinent to salvation, perhaps you can show how this is the good news and how it saves man from himself.

peace

popsthebuilder

You are assuming that the anointing was the "joining"... but Jesus was (Conceived of the HOLY SPIRIT).

This is an issue that I never understand in the "adoption" system. Also... it is clear that the LOGOS became FLESH... due to the "conception".

Why do you circumvent this?
"(Conceived of the HOLY SPIRIT)"

Conceived; as in not eternal?

But that's okay because one half of the other 66.6% of the Trinitarian god is eternal....right?

peace