ECT The LORD God of Division

God's Truth

Preaching obedience is not preaching the Gospel.
Are we still supposed to obey what the scribes and Pharisees still teach?

Preaching to obey Jesus is the gospel. Teaching to obey what the Way says is how you will get to the Father.

Are Jesus' teachings just for pharisees?

God's Truth

No, you are damned for not believing the gospel and trusting the LORD,

I am not damned for I trust in everything Jesus says...I trust what he says so much so that I did what he said even when I did not understand why he said what he did.

while claiming to obey "Jesus" but do not.

Nowhere anywhere does the Bible say what you claim it does. Nowhere anywhere does it say we are condemned for obeying.

Nowhere anywhere does the Bible says we only have to have faith and not obey.

The works Paul was speaking about that we no longer have to do are the ceremonial works.

Faith alone is mentioned once in the Bible and it is to warn us what kind of faith not to have.

God's Truth

Versus,

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Do you want to know what life feels like?

Obey Jesus and you will find out.

Taste and see that the Lord is good.

Is there anyone you are not forgiving? Forgive them. Now you have obeyed Jesus and can see how obeying him is life.

HisServant

Preaching to obey Jesus is the gospel. Teaching to obey what the Way says is how you will get to the Father.

Are Jesus' teachings just for pharisees?

Not according to Paul...

The Gospel is specified right here in Verse 3.. and it has nothing to do with obedience.

1 Corinthians 15

The Resurrection of Christ
15 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

What you preach is a FALSE gospel.

And we have been warned that wolves like you would invade the brethren and what we should do about it.

God's Truth

It's clear by your comments that you have never trusted the Lord for salvation believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Those who have don't imply there is something we need to DO to "stay saved".

Everyone does 'something'.

Either you sin, or you do what is right.

Romans 6:19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.

God's Truth

Like the Pharisees, you say, but do not do.

That is you EXACTLY. Funny how that works. You exposed yourself in your false accusations about me. Be more careful how you judge.

You are the one who says you obey Jesus...you say you obey by doing NOTHING! lol

God's Truth

I do not claim to obey "Jesus"
I am honest

Yes you do. You claim to obey Jesus. Don't you remember? You said I do not obey Jesus because I obey, but that you do because you obey the gospel, the gospel that you erroneously believe is to have faith and do nothing. lol

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Yes you do. You claim to obey Jesus. Don't you remember? You said I do not obey Jesus because I obey, but that you do because you obey the gospel, the gospel that you erroneously believe is to have faith and do nothing. lol

You are just a prude, GT. No one cares about your moral judgement or lack thereof it.

HisServant

The Old Covenant was one of obedience.... you seem to think Christ died for nothing.