ECT The LORD God of Division

john w

Hall of Fame
"So there was a division among the people because of him.....And there was a division among them.....There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings."-John 7:43 KJV, John 9:16 KJV, John 10:19 KJV

Intra/trans-dispensational principle: The LORD God of Division

"...and God divided the light from the darkness." Genesis 1:4 KJV

Do you remember, during the "Christmas season," the often played David Bowie/Bing Crosby rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy?" Mr. Bowie/most of the Christ rejecting world, sings the oft-repeated phrase, "Peace on Earth" as its main message. This is the predominantly Christ-rejecting world's interpretation/understanding of the message of Christmas. However, according to the Holy Bible, which is "...true from the beginning...."(Psalms 119:160 KJV), this is not the message of Christmas.

Yes, the words "peace on earth" are in the Holy Bible, but they are not in the Christmas account. The Lord Jesus Christ does speak of "peace on earth":

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34 KJV

Notice: a sword divides/separates-it does not unify/"bring together"

The word of God is likened to a "twoedged sword"-survey Hebrews 4:12 KJV...Ephesians 6:17 KJV.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:..." Luke 12:51 KJV

Both times the Lord Jesus Christ spoke of "peace on earth", He said, in simple terms that left no doubt as to his intended meaning, that he was not bringing it. He did not bring it when he was on earth, and he does not bring it today. And the verse the "world" traditionally understands(and embraces) to say "peace on earth", actually says:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14 KJV

This speaks of God's peace toward each man in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, not peace between men.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the "great divider." The world is quite willing to accept a "sweet little baby lying in the manger", but mention the Lord Jesus Christ and his cross, and that he is a "...man of war...."(Exodus 15:3 KJV), and he, and anyone that proclaims his message, becomes unwelcome guests, with "...no room for them in the inn"(Luke 2:7 KJV)-division.

The same inevitable fate awaits those that are faithful to rightly dividing the word of truth, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV, a biblical command, not suggestion-you will be in the minority, and you will be the cause of division. But "...Be of good cheer..."(Acts 23:11 KJV). Scripturally, strength in numbers is not only ill-founded, it is not true. Scripture provides abundant testimony to this fact. Consider "the minority":

Noah-only 7 people saved by the LORD through Noah. And yet Noah is called "...a preacher of righteousness...." in 2 Peter 2:5 KJV-this should be an encouragement to those who feel they are the only one preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

Joseph-all his brothers opposed him

David- took on a giant

Elijah- outnumbered 450 to one(1 Kings 18:22 KJV)

Gideon-Had only 300 men(31,700 eliminated -Judges 6-7)

Paul- "...all men forsook me...."(2 Tim. 4:16 KJV).

The Lord Jesus Christ-No commentary is needed here.

The bible is a book of details, and therefore, I pay attention to details.

"Grace and peace..."-Paul, "the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus our apostle, over, and over...

Notice, the order: Grace, then peace....Not vice verse.

There is no peace, w/o first grace.

What this world, and "Christianity" needs is not more "popular" teaching, but more unpopular preaching. I say "Split, split, split, and keep splitting." Split, split,.......... until the light of rightly dividing the word of truth, division, cuts through all the smoke and fog.

Division is what the "Commander in Chief," the Lord Jesus Christ, "brought to the table," during His ministry on this grave yard, known as earth,and is what Paul was taught to bring, often, upon direct orders from the risen, glorified, ascended, and seated same Commander, "the Lord from heaven,"(1 Cor. 15:47 KJV), to those who rebel against the doctrine the Saviour committed to him......

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."-Romans 16:17 KJV

... and that is what I often bring to the table, shaking respective members of the body of Christ, out of their slumber, and, marking/exposing/identifying the rebels against Paul, and confronting the lost, with the "transdispensational" principle, a question, and directive, they will, eventually, need to address, as it is written....

"...Who is on the Lord’s side?... "... choose you this day whom ye will serve; ..."(Exodus 32:26 KJV,Joshua 24:15 KJV)

Yes, there should be no division within the body of Christ, amongst members; however, division is caused within the body, by those who rebel against the doctrine committed to the apostle Paul, that "sound doctrine" that is the Lord Jesus Christ's doctrine, teaching, in this dispensation.

One more time, as you learn through repetition:

The Holy Bible refers to "the church of the living God" as "the pillar and ground of the truth"(1 Timothy 3:15 KJV). "...thy word is truth."(John 17:17 KJV)

So, if anyone where to split, divide, a "church", just what would be the basis/justification of the split? One half(or whatever) sides with the truth, rightly divided(2 Timothy 2:15 KJV), the other half sides with error, not "sound doctrine", as preached by our apostle Paul(not Peter, not "the 12"), in this "dispensation of the grace of God"(yes, "dispensation" is a scriptural, biblical word, and a good one, at that(1 Cor. 9:17 KJV; Eph. 1:10 KJV, Eph.3:2 KJV; Col. 1:25 KJV). This, like arguing, is to be embraced-it is a good thing. This is one of the harshest "truths", realities, to accept for babes in Christ(1 Cor. 3 KJV), the sheep: the secrecy of so many Christians, when it comes to "whom are you following?"

I say, once again, shine some light in the dark "churches." Expose everybody to the light: Psalms 119:105 KJV(trans-dispensational biblical doctrine). Cockroaches scurry when the light is shone on them.

Split, split, split them up, I say. Split, split, and keep splitting. Again-the Lord Jesus Christ came to split. He was, and is, the great divider: Genesis 1:4 KJV; Matthew 10:34 KJV, Mt.25:32 KJV; Luke 12:51 KJV; John 7:43 KJV, John 9:16 KJV, John 10:19 KJV; Acts 13:2 KJV; Romans 1:1 KJV; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. A sword divides/separates. The cross divides and separates men and women-it does not unify. Dump the refuse, the garbage in the dumpster. Release the secret agent "all of the Holy Bible is about me, specifically, written to me, for my obedience" back into the ecumenical movement, where they belong. Then, and only then, can we truly be said to be in "the body, the church"(Col. 1:18 KJV, Col. 1:24 KJV; Eph. 5:23 KJV), worshiping the LORD God of truth(John 4:24 KJV), and separating the wheat from the chaff(Mt. 3:12 KJV, Luke 3:17 KJV), from within the true church, in this dispensation, and ending "divisions"( Romans 16:17 KJV; 1 Cor. 1:10 KJV, 1 Cor. 3:3 KJV, 1 Cor. 11:18 KJV). Let every "church" you join toss you out for being a "divisive, mean spirited, 'un-Christian', intolerant....." "MAD wacko", "modern" "dispie," as their doctrine is new, has never been taught by the "historic" "the church," and all that jazz......who needs to be drugged up, and properly schooled, albeit in a "sweet Christian manner", into obedience of the "church statement of faith." You wouldn't be splitting any churches, because they are not churches. They are "Rodney Kings", "Oprah Winfrey's"-"Can't we all get along's", as they nod their heads in agreement, as passive drones, who will be spoon fed by their "church" "leaders," mutual admiration clubs, religious drain clogs/toilets, flushing Christians' knowledge, and thus acceptance, of the "dispensation of the gospel", "the dispensation of the grace of God", "the dispensation of God", committed to the apostle Paul(1 Cor. 9:17KJV. Eph. 3:2 KJV, Col. 1:25 KJV),"the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus, their apostle, down the proverbial toilet.

"Soap Box" time: When we have spoken up on these boards, re. the absolute necessity of rightly dividing this word of truth, "Christians" get angry at us. They, obviously being more "spiritual" than us, don't like us. We are "tied to satan...the occult," "gnosticism," they spam/cry. We are "mean spirited...judgmental..intolerant..un-cultured...," they wine. I say, please like us(sarcasm is a biblical principle). I want people to like us(vs. Proverbs 29:25 KJV; Mt. 6:2 KJV, Mt. 6:5 KJV; John 5:44 KJV, John 12:43 KJV ; Acts 5:29 KJV; Galatians 1:10 KJV; Eph. 6:6 KJV; Colossians 3:22 KJV; 1 Thel. 2:4 KJV). We will be a good boys, this time, and not be "divisive." If "sound doctrine"(1 Timothy 1:10 KJV; 2 Timothy 4:2-3 KJV; Titus 1:9 KJV, Titus 2:10 KJV), is not important, we plead "guilty as charged."

"But thou hast fully known my doctrine(my note-Paul's doctrine for the body of Christ-Romans-Philemon), manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience..." 2 Tim. 3:10 KJV

Truth, by its nature, is divisive, and the word of truth, rightly divided, more so. Division is what the Lord Jesus Christ brought to the “ecumenical tupperware party.” And that is what we should bring. I love members of the body of Christ, and that is why I give them the truth, and the word of truth, rightly divided, and then encourage them to survey the Holy Bible, and figure it out for themselves-Acts 17:2 KJV, 11; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. However, if you love someone, you tell them the truth, sound doctrine, as scripture reveals it rightly divided, whether they want to hear it or not. Truth must not be sacrificed(compromised) at the altar of today's so-called enlightened, non-judgmental, "tolerant" culture. The apostle Paul perhaps best summed it up when he asked the poignant question:

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16 KJV

The LORD God never sacrifices truth for peace, sound doctrine for compromise.

Spilt, split, split………..Keep on splitting, I say.....

"And to make ALL MEN SEE(emphasis mine) what is the fellowship of the mystery…" Eph. 3:9
_______
Vegas has it at 3/1 that I will be accused of "bible chopping/splitting...cherry picking...,".....

Cricket.....Cricket......cricket....

Side bar, LORD God...Take it away, Lord Jesus Christ...

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
"So there was a division among the people because of him.....And there was a division among them.....There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings."-John 7:43 KJV, John 9:16 KJV, John 10:19 KJV

Intra/trans-dispensational principle: The LORD God of Division

"...and God divided the light from the darkness." Genesis 1:4 KJV

Do you remember, during the "Christmas season," the often played David Bowie/Bing Crosby rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy?" Mr. Bowie/most of the Christ rejecting world, sings the oft-repeated phrase, "Peace on Earth" as its main message. This is the predominantly Christ-rejecting world's interpretation/understanding of the message of Christmas. However, according to the Holy Bible, which is "...true from the beginning...."(Psalms 119:160 KJV), this is not the message of Christmas.

Yes, the words "peace on earth" are in the Holy Bible, but they are not in the Christmas account. The Lord Jesus Christ does speak of "peace on earth":

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34 KJV

Notice: a sword divides/separates-it does not unify/"bring together"

The word of God is likened to a "twoedged sword"-survey Hebrews 4:12 KJV...Ephesians 6:17 KJV.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:..." Luke 12:51 KJV

Both times the Lord Jesus Christ spoke of "peace on earth", He said, in simple terms that left no doubt as to his intended meaning, that he was not bringing it. He did not bring it when he was on earth, and he does not bring it today. And the verse the "world" traditionally understands(and embraces) to say "peace on earth", actually says:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14 KJV

This speaks of God's peace toward each man in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, not peace between men.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the "great divider." The world is quite willing to accept a "sweet little baby lying in the manger", but mention the Lord Jesus Christ and his cross, and that he is a "...man of war...."(Exodus 15:3 KJV), and he, and anyone that proclaims his message, becomes unwelcome guests, with "...no room for them in the inn"(Luke 2:7 KJV)-division.

The same inevitable fate awaits those that are faithful to rightly dividing the word of truth, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV, a biblical command, not suggestion-you will be in the minority, and you will be the cause of division. But "...Be of good cheer..."(Acts 23:11 KJV). Scripturally, strength in numbers is not only ill-founded, it is not true. Scripture provides abundant testimony to this fact. Consider "the minority":

Noah-only 7 people saved by the LORD through Noah. And yet Noah is called "...a preacher of righteousness...." in 2 Peter 2:5 KJV-this should be an encouragement to those who feel they are the only one preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

Joseph-all his brothers opposed him

David- took on a giant

Elijah- outnumbered 450 to one(1 Kings 18:22 KJV)

Gideon-Had only 300 men(31,700 eliminated -Judges 6-7)

Paul- "...all men forsook me...."(2 Tim. 4:16 KJV).

The Lord Jesus Christ-No commentary is needed here.

The bible is a book of details, and therefore, I pay attention to details.

"Grace and peace..."-Paul, "the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus our apostle, over, and over...

Notice, the order: Grace, then peace....Not vice verse.

There is no peace, w/o first grace.

What this world, and "Christianity" needs is not more "popular" teaching, but more unpopular preaching. I say "Split, split, split, and keep splitting." Split, split,.......... until the light of rightly dividing the word of truth, division, cuts through all the smoke and fog.

Division is what the "Commander in Chief," the Lord Jesus Christ, "brought to the table," during His ministry on this grave yard, known as earth,and is what Paul was taught to bring, often, upon direct orders from the risen, glorified, ascended, and seated same Commander, "the Lord from heaven,"(1 Cor. 15:47 KJV), to those who rebel against the doctrine the Saviour committed to him......

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."-Romans 16:17 KJV

... and that is what I often bring to the table, shaking respective members of the body of Christ, out of their slumber, and, marking/exposing/identifying the rebels against Paul, and confronting the lost, with the "transdispensational" principle, a question, and directive, they will, eventually, need to address, as it is written....

"...Who is on the Lord’s side?... "... choose you this day whom ye will serve; ..."(Exodus 32:26 KJV,Joshua 24:15 KJV)

Yes, there should be no division within the body of Christ, amongst members; however, division is caused within the body, by those who rebel against the doctrine committed to the apostle Paul, that "sound doctrine" that is the Lord Jesus Christ's doctrine, teaching, in this dispensation.

One more time, as you learn through repetition:

The Holy Bible refers to "the church of the living God" as "the pillar and ground of the truth"(1 Timothy 3:15 KJV). "...thy word is truth."(John 17:17 KJV)

So, if anyone where to split, divide, a "church", just what would be the basis/justification of the split? One half(or whatever) sides with the truth, rightly divided(2 Timothy 2:15 KJV), the other half sides with error, not "sound doctrine", as preached by our apostle Paul(not Peter, not "the 12"), in this "dispensation of the grace of God"(yes, "dispensation" is a scriptural, biblical word, and a good one, at that(1 Cor. 9:17 KJV; Eph. 1:10 KJV, Eph.3:2 KJV; Col. 1:25 KJV). This, like arguing, is to be embraced-it is a good thing. This is one of the harshest "truths", realities, to accept for babes in Christ(1 Cor. 3 KJV), the sheep: the secrecy of so many Christians, when it comes to "whom are you following?"

I say, once again, shine some light in the dark "churches." Expose everybody to the light: Psalms 119:105 KJV(trans-dispensational biblical doctrine). Cockroaches scurry when the light is shone on them.

Split, split, split them up, I say. Split, split, and keep splitting. Again-the Lord Jesus Christ came to split. He was, and is, the great divider: Genesis 1:4 KJV; Matthew 10:34 KJV, Mt.25:32 KJV; Luke 12:51 KJV; John 7:43 KJV, John 9:16 KJV, John 10:19 KJV; Acts 13:2 KJV; Romans 1:1 KJV; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. A sword divides/separates. The cross divides and separates men and women-it does not unify. Dump the refuse, the garbage in the dumpster. Release the secret agent "all of the Holy Bible is about me, specifically, written to me, for my obedience" back into the ecumenical movement, where they belong. Then, and only then, can we truly be said to be in "the body, the church"(Col. 1:18 KJV, Col. 1:24 KJV; Eph. 5:23 KJV), worshiping the LORD God of truth(John 4:24 KJV), and separating the wheat from the chaff(Mt. 3:12 KJV, Luke 3:17 KJV), from within the true church, in this dispensation, and ending "divisions"( Romans 16:17 KJV; 1 Cor. 1:10 KJV, 1 Cor. 3:3 KJV, 1 Cor. 11:18 KJV). Let every "church" you join toss you out for being a "divisive, mean spirited, 'un-Christian', intolerant....." "MAD wacko", "modern" "dispie," as their doctrine is new, has never been taught by the "historic" "the church," and all that jazz......who needs to be drugged up, and properly schooled, albeit in a "sweet Christian manner", into obedience of the "church statement of faith." You wouldn't be splitting any churches, because they are not churches. They are "Rodney Kings", "Oprah Winfrey's"-"Can't we all get along's", as they nod their heads in agreement, as passive drones, who will be spoon fed by their "church" "leaders," mutual admiration clubs, religious drain clogs/toilets, flushing Christians' knowledge, and thus acceptance, of the "dispensation of the gospel", "the dispensation of the grace of God", "the dispensation of God", committed to the apostle Paul(1 Cor. 9:17KJV. Eph. 3:2 KJV, Col. 1:25 KJV),"the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus, their apostle, down the proverbial toilet.

"Soap Box" time: When we have spoken up on these boards, re. the absolute necessity of rightly dividing this word of truth, "Christians" get angry at us. They, obviously being more "spiritual" than us, don't like us. We are "tied to satan...the occult," "gnosticism," they spam/cry. We are "mean spirited...judgmental..intolerant..un-cultured...," they wine. I say, please like us(sarcasm is a biblical principle). I want people to like us(vs. Proverbs 29:25 KJV; Mt. 6:2 KJV, Mt. 6:5 KJV; John 5:44 KJV, John 12:43 KJV ; Acts 5:29 KJV; Galatians 1:10 KJV; Eph. 6:6 KJV; Colossians 3:22 KJV; 1 Thel. 2:4 KJV). We will be a good boys, this time, and not be "divisive." If "sound doctrine"(1 Timothy 1:10 KJV; 2 Timothy 4:2-3 KJV; Titus 1:9 KJV, Titus 2:10 KJV), is not important, we plead "guilty as charged."

"But thou hast fully known my doctrine(my note-Paul's doctrine for the body of Christ-Romans-Philemon), manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience..." 2 Tim. 3:10 KJV

Truth, by its nature, is divisive, and the word of truth, rightly divided, more so. Division is what the Lord Jesus Christ brought to the “ecumenical tupperware party.” And that is what we should bring. I love members of the body of Christ, and that is why I give them the truth, and the word of truth, rightly divided, and then encourage them to survey the Holy Bible, and figure it out for themselves-Acts 17:2 KJV, 11; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. However, if you love someone, you tell them the truth, sound doctrine, as scripture reveals it rightly divided, whether they want to hear it or not. Truth must not be sacrificed(compromised) at the altar of today's so-called enlightened, non-judgmental, "tolerant" culture. The apostle Paul perhaps best summed it up when he asked the poignant question:

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16 KJV

The LORD God never sacrifices truth for peace, sound doctrine for compromise.

Spilt, split, split………..Keep on splitting, I say.....

"And to make ALL MEN SEE(emphasis mine) what is the fellowship of the mystery…" Eph. 3:9
_______
Vegas has it at 3/1 that I will be accused of "bible chopping/splitting...cherry picking...,".....

Cricket.....Cricket......cricket....

Side bar, LORD God...Take it away, Lord Jesus Christ...
:thumb: EXCELLENT!

HisServant

Yes, there will be division between christians and non-christians and even within families. But we are called to live in peace and harmony within the body and not to be the cause of divisions.

There is only one gospel, one baptism, one Christ... if you believe in division you are an enemy of the community of believers.

Ephesians 4New International Version (NIV)

Unity and Maturity in the Body of Christ
4 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it[a] says:

“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.”
9 (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions[c]? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Instructions for Christian Living
17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.

20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Yes, there will be division between christians and non-christians and even within families. But we are called to leave in peace and harmony within the body and not to be the cause of divisions.

There is only one gospel, one baptism, one Christ... if you believe in division you are an enemy of the community of believers.

1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Sancocho

Yes, there will be division between christians and non-christians and even within families. But we are called to live in peace and harmony within the body and not to be the cause of divisions.

I agree. I think the consequences are evident where the "division gospel" is preached, ie many Christians spend most of their time criticizing other Christians while the godless kill and corrupt their children.

Dan Emanuel

Matthew 5
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.​
...I love members of the body of Christ, and that is why I give them the truth, and the word of truth, rightly divided, and then encourage them to survey the Holy Bible, and figure it out for themselves-Acts 17:2 KJV, 11; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV....
Of this, they're is no doubt.

Daniel

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A real cracker from big john w

of course the Christmas angel said "......and on earth peace among men with who He is pleased"

The bible is a book of disputes, true doctrines are arrived at by disputes, sometimes fierce. If Paul did not have someone to dispute with he used to invent someone

"...but someone will say...."

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

What really causes divisions is when men and women refuse to acknowledge bible truth plainly written.

....there is no excuse for it really.

Sancocho

American Christianity has degraded so much that instead of identifying other Christians by their fruits we identify others as "true christians" by how many times they can say they are saved and repeat Scripture. After all, if being saved is the only real measure Christians can do anything and everything they want out of privilege, ie personal sin, destroy their brother, gossip.

Of course since there are thousands of groups saying they are the only ones saved (as witnessed here on this forum) then of course the concept of saved has to develop into a selection process where basically we have nothing to do with it.

No wonder our country has been taken over by the godless.

john w

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Correct. And?

The divisions are caused by those who rebel against Paul, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. Paul is "pitching" them to avoid this division,by following the doctrine, that was committed to him, which is following the Lord Jesus Christ, in this dispensation.

And quit the "lazy" approach, i.e., post a few verses, and, "presto," you are done. A 6 year old can do that.

Sancocho

Who are these folk who say they are the only ones? who on TOL?

You have never seen any poster tell another poster who says they believe in Christ that are lost because of differing theology???

Not only have I been told that here but my whole life as a Catholic by Protestantsto the point that I was baptized in a Protestant church. Of course I saw they had their own problems and worse fomented division so I returned to the RCC.

I give anyone and everyone the benefit of doubt that says that Jesus Christ the Son of God is their Savior and if we all did this there wouldn't be so much division.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
And quit the "lazy" approach, i.e., post a few verses, and, "presto," you are done. A 6 year old can do that.

Matthew 18:2-5
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Mark 10:15
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luke 9:47-48
And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, and said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

HisServant

Correct. And?

The divisions are caused by those who rebel against Paul, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. Paul is "pitching" them to avoid this division,by following the doctrine, that was committed to him, which is following the Lord Jesus Christ, in this dispensation.

"in this dispensation" is a blatant misuse of the way Paul used it.

Paul's dispensation was not a time period.. it was a TASK GIVEN SPECIFICALLY TO HIM ALONE to teach the Gospel to the gentiles.

He had a different stewardship than the other apostles.... that is all he is saying.