Remember when...

rainee

Hey, what is going on? Everyone is suddenly picking on Musterion?

Are you all Bob Dylan fans?

Please, please!

I gotta go but I hope for him to still be ok when I get back (and yes that means you, JR! But go ahead and share your music, you don't want to wait for an invite around here)

rainee

Taste has little if anything to do with it. For all his warped, atheistic, God-hating faults, FZ demonstrably had more raw, genius-level musical talent in a fragment of his toenail that "borrower" Dylan ever had on his best day.

Musterion, I am gotta go! BUT you should know another said something like that about Bob Dylan. sigh.

Steve Earle, no piker as a lyricist himself, cut an entire album of Van Zandt songs two years back. The often hyperbolic Earle once declared he would jump up on Bob Dylan's coffee table and proclaim that Townes was a better songwriter than Mr. Zimmerman.
http://www.houstonpress.com/2013-11-07/music/gunfights-and-ragtime/2/

But Bob showed nothing but respect and honor to Townes Van Zandt, by singing his song:

Pancho and Lefty by Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan

JosephR

A part of what, Joseph?

I am friends with many homosexuals here on TOL, the only difference between you and them is there are honest and have my respect and friendship.

lets see, you cry like a woman,,, look at the report woodshed....

avoid facts, misquote...... the list can go on and on.

musterion

I am friends with many homosexuals here on TOL, the only difference between you and them is there are honest and have my respect and friendship.

lets see, you cry like a woman,,, look at the report woodshed....

avoid facts, misquote...... the list can go on and on.

You haven't blasphemed Christ again so there's nothing to report. Relax.

So you're saying I'm a homosexual in denial? Still not following you.

And as I asked earlier: a part of what?

musterion

By the way...do you like my new avatar? I bet you thought it's Abe Vigoda, didn't you! So did I! But it isn't. You'll never guess who it is. Unfortunately I don't follow soccer so I have no idea who your helmet belongs to.

Daniel1611

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest musicians of all time, FYI. Bob Dylan is in the same class as Bach and Robert Johnson.

musterion

(Musty thinks a person who believes Jesus is Lord, is an "idolator")
Were that true, I'd be condemning myself.

No. Rather, people who bow down and pray to molded humanoid figurines of painted plaster - as you do - are idolators, according to the Biblical definition.

rainee

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest musicians of all time, FYI. Bob Dylan is in the same class as Bach and Robert Johnson.

Well this is weird to have this thread go like it is - but yes, I agree. :)

He wrote things as a young man I would think any guy could relate to.
And look at the imagery I make bold:

...take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves
The haunted, frightened trees,

out to the windy beach
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ah yes! To dance on the beach with one hand waving free, the starry sky rolled out above, the waves crashing barely white in the dim light, the smell of salt - and no crazy sorrow.

fzappa13

Before I was a believer, I read the book (can't remember the title) Zappa wrote. He made some comments about organized religion that, even at the time, I found to be nothing new nor insightful and in a few places not well reasoned, and not a little spiteful and petty. And that didn't seem to be just his sardonic humor coming out, either. I was actually disappointed in him when I read that section. Anyway...Frank knows better now.

If I understand the Bible aright I suspect he doesn't know much of anything right now and is awaiting the second resurrection.

fzappa13

My husband was not a real music aficionado but he loved ABBA!

Well, I hope you checked with him first before waving that little piece of laundry. I mean, there are certain things guys just don't say in front of other guys ...

:darwinsm: