Remember when...

fzappa13

Speaking of "The Mothers of Invention" I was on NY when they played Filmore East, I though the "Mud Shark' song was bit weird

The mud shark was a reference to the legend of Jimmy Page catching such a creature and vivisecting it before placing parts of it in the nether regions of a restrained female in a hotel. FZ actually interviewed the concierge of the hotel and debunked the whole thing. Hence the line "destined to take the place of the Mud Shark in your mythology" in the otherwise unrelated song "don't eat the yellow snow"

, but the end redone Turtles song was good.

Ah, that would be the Flo and Eddy days when they found themselves yet another in a long line of performers that lost the rights to their own name (like Prince) and decided to have a little fun at the expense of their record company with FZ.

I like Abba.

I guess God is so beneficent that He can forgive even that.

My favorite song, hard to say, after spanning three generations of pop-rock-metal music

Mainly I like jazz and classical.

Add Rock and you've got the three major veins mined by FZ.

musterion

P.P.S. Though most of us suffer from that malady that finds us thinking we are the smartest person in any given room we are in ... F.Z. usually was. The reflection from that vantage point is seldom appealing to others.

Before I was a believer, I read the book (can't remember the title) Zappa wrote. He made some comments about organized religion that, even at the time, I found to be nothing new nor insightful and in a few places not well reasoned, and not a little spiteful and petty. And that didn't seem to be just his sardonic humor coming out, either. I was actually disappointed in him when I read that section. Anyway...Frank knows better now.

rainee

I can recite most of the 1974 Apostrophe' album from memory. I'm not proud of the fact and wish I no longer had his nonsense in my skull, but it is a fact.
I kinda understand.
I can almost still do that with several Bob Dylan Albums, but I may be still a little proud of that :)

musterion

I am so, so sorry. Can I tell you what I've always thought of Dylan? It'll require that smiley you dislike.

rainee

I am so, so sorry. Can I tell you what I've always thought of Dylan? It'll require that smiley you dislike.

We were not discussing your poor taste were we? Or am I the one confused?

And, friend, EVERYONE sings Bob Dylan or did, except maybe Frank Zappa... what that means about Frank, I dunno...:idunno:

Mr. Tambourine Man

musterion

Taste has little if anything to do with it. For all his warped, atheistic, God-hating faults, FZ demonstrably had more raw, genius-level musical talent in a fragment of his toenail that "borrower" Dylan ever had on his best day.

JosephR

Taste has little if anything to do with it. For all his warped, atheistic, God-hating faults, FZ demonstrably had more raw, genius-level musical talent in a fragment of his toenail that "borrower" Dylan ever had on his best day.

can I hear your music? or are you just a critic?

its ok to be a critic...

musterion

Trust Christ, Joseph. It's all paid for in advance, no works required. All you have to do is believe it. Do it before you die.

musterion

Don't scoff, Joseph. You're just piling up judgment to yourself. You have kids, I think you said? Think of them, too.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Musty snaps:
Hush, idolator

(Musty thinks a person who believes Jesus is Lord, is an "idolator")

I'd be pleased to show you the reasons why Trinitarian Christianity is a logical belief, if you'd be willing to listen.