Remember when...

rainee

I remember my shiny black patent shoes with white socks.

Ok that is a really early memory. BUT they were so shiny --and I could click those heals on some surfaces...sigh.

I remember winding the coiled cord on the phone around my fingers while talking
over all the news with my friend. Hmm I didn't realize till now I only had one friend! Arg

I remember when big shoulders with gigantic shoulder pads came into fashion!
I LOVED THAT LOOK.

I feel very comfortable when I watch movies made in the 70's (and 80's) for some reason, the styles in fashion, the cars, the rooms' decors.

The 70's especially, when the cars were long and had silver shiny bumpers, even the fast backs!
And homes had afghans thrown over the plaid couch and tv cabinets and stereos were part of the furniture in the room... sigh

And I remember when Kentucky Fried Chicken or Pizza for supper was a really special treat!

(And please don't tell but I loved Bewitched and came running at that theme song sound!)

Lon

(Ecclesiastes 7:10 NIV) Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions.

(Ecclesiastes 7:10 NLV) Don't long for "the good old days." This is not wise.

If wishes were dollars.... I'd still 'like' gas to be cheaper than $3 a gallon!

I'm not wanting to go back, but I'd sure like to see some things in the future fixed that a mother could stay home and a family could live off of one income.

musterion

I showed some kids some yellow and red plastic 45 spindles and they thought they were earrings. I suppose that's about all they're good for now.

musterion

Ah, the day when you realize that cool will never come again.

"Cool" is for those still wrapped up in pleasing the tastes of others, and usually failing. One of the blessings of age is realizing that.

Speaking of...remember how you'd diss the wisdom of your elders? How's that feel now that you're on the receiving end?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"Cool" is for those still wrapped up in pleasing the tastes of others, and usually failing.
Also known as, the young.

One of the blessings of age is realizing that.
Invariably we tell ourselves that the day after we take the quick step up a few stairs and nature says, gently, "No." :)

Speaking of...remember how you'd diss the wisdom of your elders? How's that feel now that you're on the receiving end?
:think: I think it's funny (either) and if an adult gets upset by it they've forgotten too much.

:cheers:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Remember when...

You weren't a geek unless you had one of these...
8428152375_5065727067_z.jpg

Slow, yes. But 200 years from now, it will still work.

OCTOBER23

I remember when we had many Bible Scholars that were going through college

coming here to discuss their theories many years ago.

keypurr

How about a football made out of rolled up newspaper, or a baseball with 3 pounds of tape on it. Baseball cards. Movie stars on Dixie cup covers, green stamps, war bonds, Liberty stamps. Air raid wardens, NO TV,

The BOSTON RED SOX, Ted Williams, Bobby Doore, Johny Pesky, Clyde Volmer, Dom DiMaggio...The Boston Braves, Johnny Sain, Warren Spahn, Walker Cooper, Tommy Homes.

Yet, sometimes I forget my own name.

keypurr

Green Spot, the Ice man, the Rag man, Trolley Cars, folks on welfare working for the city to get a check. YoYo's champs, scooters, Nash Metropolitans, Kysers, Packards. Doctors came to your home, so did the baker and the Milk man.

keypurr

Lash LaRue, Tom Mix, Hoppy, Pat Butrum, Gene Atury, Roy Rogers and Dale.
The Andrew Sisters, Perry Conte, Kate Smith, Frank, Dean.

rainee

Keypurr!

My mom saved Green Stamps! Not only that, the folks collected things at gas stations by buying gas -- do you remember that? They got a set of pretty glasses! i was hoping for a big plastic dinosaur from one of those gasoline companies - not sure I got it...

And even I remember being given things for opening an account at at bank. I got a reversible stadium blanket, but before that my mom got an electric skillet!

Oh and does anyone remember Captain Kangaroo and Mr Green Jeans? Loved that show!

musterion

I saw Bigfoot once.

1951. Back in Sequoia National Park. Had a foot on him 37 inches heel to toe.

It made a sound I would not want to hear twice in my life.

musterion

Knock-Knock.

Who's there?

Frank Zappa.

Frank Zappa who?

SOMEONE LET ME OUT OF THIS BOX!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!