Private Threads - To Be Or Not To Be?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
when threads go wrong ?
Oh so very, very wrong.

how do people die from a thread ?:dizzy:
The way they do anywhere, badly for the most part...some burst into flames, some spiral into the earth...others simply fade away like a bad disco tune or leap into the void with a grand gesture.

Just like real life, only lifeier. :plain:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You don't understand. This is the internet. When threads go wrong people die.

That is a poor joke!

Do you have any idea of how many people have been internally and spiritually harmed (spiritually murdered) by the cold malice and insults regularly handed out by the "accepted and approved" on TOL?

Or do you care?

No, you, as an elitist "famer," are spared such, mostly because you play it safe and avoid serious theological discussion at large.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I deleted an entire thread once while zoo was trying to make a new reply in it. You would have thought the world ended. I don't think he ever recovered. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
not at all, i really don't hear about it that much. do you mean bullying ?

Well, there is a certain amount of cyber bullies ... we laugh at them. Then there are the disgruntled whiners who invade threads to specifically show how unfair they are treated on TOL.

We laugh at them too.

Anyways, how's it going Patrick? Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That is a poor joke!
Maybe you're just a poor sport, or a poor judge.

Do you have any idea of how people are internally and spiritually harmed (spiritually murdered) by the cold malice and insults regularly handed out by the "accepted and approved" on TOL?
I think that's sad, I mean letting mostly anonymous people having any sustained control over your emotional well being. It's a lesson then, if an unintentional one.

No, you, as an elitist "famer," are spared such,
No, I'm spared by perspective and a sense of humor. You should try that.

mostly because you play it safe and avoid serious theological discussion at large.
What you really mean is that you think you're doing the serious lifting and that's why you catch so much flack. But it isn't so and I've been arguing with the heathen and the apostate since I got here. Even the hardened anti theist has a need in him, I think.

I don't argue with the faithful about non salvific dogma, to be sure. I don't see the profit in it and I've seen the harm to be certain.

How easy it is to mock and ridicule. Lesson 2 (I couldn't help myself).
I figured the last, or you're the world's worst at butting out. :) As for the first, sure. Now constructive satire is something else, frequently. Pointing out a thing with humor that would almost certainly inflame or wound to the point of the point being lost, that's no mean trick.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, there is a certain amount of cyber bullies ... we laugh at them. Then there are the disgruntled whiners who invade threads to specifically show how unfair they are treated on TOL.

We laugh at them too.

Anyways, how's it going Patrick? Are you looking forward to Christmas?

thank you, yes i am. one of the better Christmas seasons i have had so far. it is entertaining, seeing folks bicker and making things complicated. it's contagious i guess. i get pulled in sometimes, but i enjoy it for the most part. i love sarcasm. towards others . . not me. God Bless and thanx again:patrol:

dreadknought

Is there such Internetigoleeez that makes private threads ethically or morally in the majority. ERRRR Does the majority of internet land approve of private interpretation out of context? How is this "Christian".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DancingLemon_zpsc4a7x0wn.gif~original

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Maybe you're just a poor sport, or a poor judge.

A poor sport, perhaps.

A poor judge, not.

No, I'm spared by perspective and a sense of humor. You should try that.

I doubt your perspective is more spiritual or biblical than mine, and I find a sense of humor to have very fleeting quality.

What you really mean is that you think you're doing the serious lifting and that's why you catch so much flack.

Exactly . .

But it isn't so and I've been arguing with the heathen and the apostate since I got here.

You have? Could have fooled me!

Defending bible is not your forte', and you know it.

Your MO is a continual campaign run for class (TOL) President.

My complaint, in this present exchange, is that you have little to brag about, and thus no reason to ostracize or exclude others from your "vaulted" thread for elite associates.