Private Threads - To Be Or Not To Be?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's this thread all about?

If my comment is troll, so is everyone in this thread.

this thread is anything but seriousness.

sheesh.

Oh this thread is serious, alright, Meshak. There is some serious grumbling going on ... :chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Oh this thread is serious, alright, Meshak. There is some serious grumbling going on ... :chuckle:

It all started just because HoFer started exclusive thread just for them.

I would not dream of posting in the thread where I am not welcome like that one since it addressed specifically HoFers..

I just shake my head in amazement.

Rainee should not have said anything about that thread since she is not HoFer.

just saying.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It all started just because HoFer started exclusive thread just for them.

I would not dream of posting in the thread where I am not welcome like that one since it addressed specifically HoFers..

I just shake my head in amazement.

Rainee should not have said anything about that thread since she is not HoFer.

just saying.

Or perhaps certain people just sit in wait for a reason to snipe at a few other posters.

And I am not speaking of Rainee. It's just more of the same of one particular poster and her sidekick who uses any excuse to whine about the way TOL is run and to pretend she is so highly superior to all other members.

Lon

Nobody 'likes' being excluded, especially if they are embarrassed by it.

Embarrassment is a roller-coaster ride, so yeah, anything you say to me in a moment of awkwardness and it'll likely make me feel bad. I've been excluded from a few meetings "SUDDENLY" and yep, emotions can run deep at the time.

When we make the occasional faux pas, try to be kind. I'm so embarrassed by that time that I missed "don't walk on the grass" that I just need reassurance and support "It's okay, Lon. I know you were just following the other grass-tromper in here."

I do not in the least feel slighted that TH doesn't send me a PM that he is sending another person, so I think of that HoF thread as a group PM (Seriously TH, send me the next group PM!)

Maybe I'm missing something else in the grand scheme of things? This doesn't seem like the hill Christians who love each other need to do battle over. I'd rather see a thread on how we should support one another's efforts in other threads ("we need to have each other's backs a lot more than we do" would be the topic and we need to have that discussion).

Can we wrap this thread up? I don't think it needs much more mileage for the subject matter. Again, maybe it does and I'm clueless, I'm just not seeing it at the moment :idunno:

Thanks for a few moments of your time.

Lon

musterion

I'd like Santa Knight to bring us a truly private forum where the verifiably MAD can hash out in-house doctrinal issues without constant sniping and hooting from the Covenant and Cult peanut gallery (i.e., 95% of the rest of TOL).

Or maybe there already is such a thing, and I just ain't invited... :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My unaskedfor vote: Observations, Gazette, even Jack should be a personal blog account. Tag the differences.
I think that should apply to most of what passes for conversation with you. :plain:

Observations: 3,033 posts. 1,428 mine/1,605 other people's posts.

Or, as we say in the non blog business, not a blog. :nono:

Quixote's? 1,611 posts. 596 mine/1,015 other people's.

Gee, it looks a lot like Observations, with most of what's in it contributed by others.

Jack's: 563 posts. 168 mine/295 other people's posts.

(mic drop)

Last edited:

rainee

You know Tam often posts during moments that strike her that she loves this place. I have been often reminded by her saying that how much I have grown to like this place, to where I could possibly second that.

And I wanted to say so when I saw Nang and Student X here on my thread. I love seeing them. I wish I could change Nang's seriousness (just sometimes) and her offended heart a little but I am so glad I get to see her! And she is full of valuable knowledge (though I would perhaps try to have an affect on her myself.) Stu X may have me on ignore and I may have lost him as a friend long ago, maybe quite understandably so but I still am glad to see him and wish he found it more comfortable and enjoyable coming here, or whatever it is that keeps him away!

I confess there were moments when I despaired while reading the direction posts seemed to be going on this thread but ultimately the more who posted proved the theory right, imho - the more the people the better threads through unique posts.

However, there are times posters can make me want to pull out my hair.* I guess we all have felt like that? *Not Town of course, Town has never made me want to pull my hair out, no.

I meant to address some problems but first things first: Rusha said
Granite is Arthur Fonzarelli
NO WAY?!?? Really?? How did I not know this?? :jawdrop:

Anybody else buying that?

Ok, nuff said, moving on:

This thread was not against the Hall of Fame. It was not against the Hall of Famers.
We are all entitled to our convictions but I have none toward the Fame or the Famers. I can see most of you as Famers, like Nang.
Like Totts though she is young. As I said I see most of y'all as that already but simply the time is not here yet. You know your personas.

So I posted on there to be... funny. I thought it would be... funny.
And I jibed them ... to be funny. Yes just the same as I try to do on the Cigar thread...

There are many things comedians may do wrong but I kinda always wanted to be one. Like some girls wanted to be ballerinas, I kinda liked the idea of standing up in front of people and making them laugh.
But comedians make fun of what you do or are. That is what they do!

Ok, so at work years ago I told a funny joke about the end of the world - that I had found on the internet! But the people just sat with drawn faces waiting for the other shoe to drop or something. So I can't get seen as funny once I am ever as serious as life and death. But you can see me as funny, can't you?

BUT TH pontificated toward me for getting on the thread and with a downward trajectory told me to get off in a very nice - and condescending - way. Even told me not to come back to apologize.
So I curtsied - but couldn't kiss his ring, and of course did not come back.

Now then last and maybe least where did this phrase and idea come from about nose pressed against the glass? I wish you all would quit using it. It makes me want to hit you.

I do not ever feel excluded. I feel nosy sometimes or suspicious.
I like light to shine.
Thank you.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Now then last and maybe least where did this phrase and idea come from about nose pressed against the glass? I wish you all would quit using it. It makes me want to hit you.

it's town's way of belittling people :idunno:

you know, just like Jesus would have done

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

It came from me initially. It's my perception based on what's been said, and unfortunately it's hard sometimes to change perceptions. You may hit me now.

rainee

It came from me initially. It's my perception based on what's been said, and unfortunately it's hard sometimes to change perceptions. You may hit me now.

Ah, no, no hitting needed.
But it's been used by more than you (not on me) I just hope it does not become a trend. The mental picture makes me unhappy for some reason

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I do not ever feel excluded. I feel nosy sometimes or suspicious.
I like light to shine. Thank you.

Eh, I addressed your *nosiness* when I added you to my friend's list. I have no issue with you reading whatever I am posting on my page.

IMO, the reason the privacy on that thread was addressed wasn't so much to do with you but rather a few discontents who will use any opportunity to hijack threads for the sole purpose of venting their personal vendettas.

Rainee ... don't sweat the small stuff. It's close to Christmas and we should all be focusing on family, friends and the meaning of Christmas.

merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon_zpssylncezw.gif~original

rainee

Eh, I addressed your *nosiness* when I added you to my friend's list. I have no issue with you reading whatever I am posting on my page.

IMO, the reason the privacy on that thread was addressed wasn't so much to do with you but rather a few discontents who will use any opportunity to hijack threads for the sole purpose of venting their personal vendettas.

Rainee ... don't sweat the small stuff. It's close to Christmas and we should all be focusing on family, friends and the meaning of Christmas.

merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon_zpssylncezw.gif~original

And Merry Christmas to you, Rusha!
And to you all!

gotta go, hug

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...TH pontificated toward me for getting on the thread and with a downward trajectory told me to get off in a very nice - and condescending - way.
You're half right. The nice part was intended. The condescension was all in your noggin. I actually thought you were well meaning. I didn't realize you were attempting to throw a "jibe".

Even told me not to come back to apologize.
That wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I mean I didn't want you to come back that way, but I didn't really expect you to. It was a continuation of the tone I wanted aimed at not offending but sustaining the point as light heartedly as I could.

So I curtsied - but couldn't kiss his ring, and of course did not come back.
I think you should be a little more honest with yourself about how you feel about me. I don't think you like me, but I think you like to think of yourself as someone who likes everyone she can... The way you move to the meanest possibility when reading me, as you did above, makes the point, the insults and accusations you play around.

It's a waste of time, yours and mine...like Stux playing at the objective objector when any sort of analysis undermines his complaint.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Posted elsewhere and maybe it will help people calm the heck down...good grief:

So I was thinking about all the really small and sad sand being thrown up in the air about people outside of the Hall being excluded. The point of the thread wasn't about exclusion, but about something else and positive.

Now I could probably get my stalker's post (resodko, aka Sod, aka resurrected) removed and play policeman on the thread, but that was never the point anyway.

So, anyone who wants to comment on or speak to HOF members, feel free.

Go to and God bless you. :e4e:

rainee

Posted elsewhere and maybe it will help people calm the heck down...good grief:
So I was thinking about all the really small and sad sand being thrown up in the air about people outside of the Hall being excluded. The point of the thread wasn't about exclusion, but about something else and positive.

Now I could probably get my stalker's post (resodko, aka Sod, aka resurrected) removed and play policeman on the thread, but that was never the point anyway.

So, anyone who wants to comment on or speak to HOF members, feel free.

Go to and God bless you. :e4e:

MOM!!!

TH is provoking me again!!