Interview a Member Thread

Random

I think if you actually read "Carroll's" work, I think it lends itself more to Mcgee's vision, or at least Tim Burton's. I can't see a story about characters like a queen who wants to chop everyone's head off, a depressed turtle, a melancholy girl and a land full of mad creatures being like the storybook adaptions. It's funny how something so twisted can be made into something to puerile.

I should probably start a thread about the property sometime, as I could easily take this thread over talking about it :chuckle: .

Actually, I have read the book along with Through the Looking Glass. Even own the Barnes and Noble special hardcover edition. It's in the same league with Grimm's in the sense that Disney took the basic concepts of each story and watered them down for the children so they capitalize on it. If you do start a thread, I would be more than happy to participate.

Quincy

I did not realize how much my avatar resembles Mt Rushmore. It's actually from a modern art work at an art exhibit in Miami where I did the staging, audio and video. I took the picture myself with a digital camera. But the picture does not do justice to the 3D effect the artist had achieved.

Wow! I really expected that to be a pic of an album cover. Very nice, I like your avatar tenfold now. I hope one day soon you take another photo after investing in a 3D camera, we have a 3D edition of windows and I have a 3D pc monitor so I can truly take that in :thumb: .

Actually, I have read the book along with Through the Looking Glass. Even own the Barnes and Noble special hardcover edition. It's in the same league with Grimm's in the sense that Disney took the basic concepts of each story and watered them down for the children so they capitalize on it. If you do start a thread, I would be more than happy to participate.

Yea, I've read both books a few times. Doing another read through at the moment, I got Madness Returns on sale the other day and it's got me in the Alice mood. I like that better than the original game heh. Those two books are the only books I can read through multiple times fairly often. It's just the way they are written like someone actually telling you a story, instead of for an English term paper exam.

Grimm's is great too, I have it on my Kindle as well and will get to it as soon as I finish TtLG again.

I'll make a thread about fairy tales, sometime this week, I'll post a link in your profile when I have posted it.

Random

Yea, I've read both books a few times. Doing another read through at the moment, I got Madness Returns on sale the other day and it's got me in the Alice mood. I like that better than the original game heh. Those two books are the only books I can read through multiple times fairly often. It's just the way they are written like someone actually telling you a story, instead of for an English term paper exam.

Grimm's is great too, I have it on my Kindle as well and will get to it as soon as I finish TtLG again.

I'll make a thread about fairy tales, sometime this week, I'll post a link in your profile when I have posted it.

Cool. I have actually never played the game. I just know about it because I had a friend in High School who was obsessed with the original. Should pick up a copy at some point. I just know the plot is about Wonderland becoming a twisted parody of itself because Alice has gone insane.

But yea, let me know when you have the thread up.

Quincy

We do have some more willing participants, I believe. I'm having to take a break from using the internet too much at the moment though. The neuropsychiatrist I'm in the care of doesn't want me to. Now, Town Heretic is of course more than welcome to post any that someone sends him. I'll pick it back up when I can :e4e: .

student_ad_x

We do have some more willing participants, I believe. I'm having to take a break from using the internet too much at the moment though. The neuropsychiatrist I'm in the care of doesn't want me to. Now, Town Heretic is of course more than welcome to post any that someone sends him. I'll pick it back up when I can :e4e: .
My well wishes to you while you're "unplugged". :)

God bless

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'll still haven't submitted mine, got it on my "hot list".

When you do send it my way and I'll format and post it. :e4e:

And zoo is another hold out having one in their possession. :mmph:

...introverts...talk about their opinions here all day long, shy about telling people their favorite word. :plain:

Quincy

When he does feel better are you going to be willing to be interviewed?
Have you been asked to do an interview?
I was thinking of asking you and Hilston and Baby Christian.

I would love to interview either of those folks. When Im ready to start back I'll be sure to ask them.

mighty_duck

...introverts...talk about their opinions here all day long, shy about telling people their favorite word. :plain:

"Introvert" makes for a fabulous favorite word by itself. Since I'm ahead of the game and have one answer already, you might as well sign me up to the waiting list.

zoo22

And zoo is another hold out having one in their possession. :mmph:

:plain:

Good point. Somewhat applicable. Though "shy" has a few different meanings and I wonder which is intended.

Quincy

"Introvert" makes for a fabulous favorite word by itself. Since I'm ahead of the game and have one answer already, you might as well sign me up to the waiting list.

Noted sir!

:plain:

Good point. Somewhat applicable. Though "shy" has a few different meanings and I wonder which is intended.

You've got to at least dance with the one that brings you, zoo.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'm sorry I missed this post yesterday.:idunno:
No, I haven't been asked.
I'm pretty boring, even for an "evil Calvinist". :chuckle:

Well then . . . I officially ask you to do an interview.

For you are NOT boring at all! People would enjoy getting to know more about you.

Plus, I want to know what your favorite word is.

Nang

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...No, I haven't been asked.
Actually, there's an open invitation to volunteer for every member of long standing and good repute...:think:

I see. :plain:

I'm pretty boring, even for an "evil Calvinist". :chuckle:

We'll be the judge of that (see: the upcoming Rank the Interviews thread--on a Calvinist to 10 scale). :shocked:

:eek:

student_ad_x

You would, I cannot so no :)
For you are NOT boring at all! People would enjoy getting to know more about you.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Nang
:chuckle:

Actually, there's an open invitation to volunteer for every member of long standing and good repute...:think:
I didn't realize this, I assumed the about me on thee profile page would suffice for me :D

I see. :plain:
Zoo's here :noid:

We'll be the judge of that (see: the upcoming Rank the Interviews thread--on a Calvinist to 10 scale). :shocked:

:eek:
Now the pressure's on, or is it the heat :shocked:

:cheers:

student_ad_x

You would, I cannot so no :)
Thanks for the encouragement.

Nang
:chuckle:
Interesting, I don't remember posting this "You would, I cannot so no"

I recall saying, I cannot say no.

I even looked through several more interviews after posting in this thread.

This explains a few things.

smiley_emoticons_3affen.gif

Quincy

Interesting, I don't remember posting this "You would, I cannot so no"

I recall saying, I cannot say no.

I even looked through several more interviews after posting in this thread.

This explains a few things.

smiley_emoticons_3affen.gif

Haha, are you throwing hints, s_a_x?

If you are, I will pick this back up sometime after the 13th. Umm, I'd explain but it's better I not :noid: .