Baking Cakes for Homosexual Couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFR7

The solution is insanely obvious and easy. Just grow up! … Bake the cake.

Or …

If you just GOTTA punish those queers, then be ready to pay the price for wanting to wallow in your self-righteousness.
Isa goin' to bake the cake right now, master. :D

Dialogos

Not unless he licenses and advertises it as such, which means as a private co-op or club.
I think you are talking out of pure ignorance here, I've owned businesses in three states and not one of them has asked me to disclose whether I was doing business as a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, etc...

Maybe you are thinking of Nazi Germany where Jewish Business were required to "register" with the government as such.

PureX said:
Commercial law makes that determination, as created and supported by the vast majority of your fellow citizens.
First, commercial law in Nazi Germany certainly did make that determination. No so much here....yet.

Second, the first amendment isn't a matter of public opinion.

Third, why is it that majority rule is great when it advances the liberal social agenda but when it doesn't they turn to the judiciary.

:think:

PureX said:
I know their will doesn't count for anything...
Not when it comes to curtailing religious liberty, nope, it sure doesn't.

PureX said:
to the mighty-righteous Christian, especially when they're busy passing God's mighty judgment on all mankind,
this is a textbook case of the kind of deflection used by those who want to tell everyone how to think while pointing fingers at those whom they consider "judgmental."

PureX said:
but nevertheless, they are that "we the people" that determined how commerce is to be conducted in their own land.
Unless those laws of commerce infringe on individual religious liberty, in which case those who pay attention to the First Amendment will realize that the reason it is there in the first place is to protect individual religious liberty against "mob rule."

PureX said:
Yes, I know. These Christians think they're the physical embodiment of God's right hand, and yet they live in a society that just won't accept their mighty judgments!
Translation: Yes, I know that the bible says that homosexuality is wrong, and that same sex marriages are perverted, but I don't care...

PureX said:
No, you don't. You don't even have to bake gay guys a wedding cake.
So you agree that religious freedom should guarantee the right for a "christian" baker to turn down baking a cake for a gay wedding, right?

Well then why didn't you just say so...

:chuckle:

Somehow I don't think that this is what you mean...

PureX said:
You just don't get to lie and cheat people...
Lie?

A man who says, "no thanks, I don't do gay weddings because I find them morally objectionable" is not lying, he is telling the truth.

It would be a lie to say, "wonderful, I would be happy to bake a cake for your celebration."

Cheat?

Whose getting cheated?

Move on and find someone who will happily bake your cake.

Now comes the tired old accusation...

PureX said:
because you think you're morally superior to them.
:yawn:

Christians don't believe we are morally superior, we believe that God is, and that He has the right to tell to sexual perverts to repent and to tell the followers of His Son not to participate in the deeds of darkness.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Uh huh. That's exactly what you should have picked up from my posts. As a business owner, I regulate the behavior of the customers when they come INTO my business. You seem to believe that customers right to act like disorderly, instigating trolls trumps the business owners right to tell them to stick it.

I reserve the right to deny service to instigating trolls regardless of how they pretend it MUST be a bias.

Stop pretending you know what criteria and reasons others use. Thought Officer.
You can see how he earned his nicknames.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, and there is no NEED for gays to force a Christian bakery to make their wedding cakes, as there are plenty of secular and pro-gay bakeries (or just neutral) these days.

What is so offensive is that the gay couples deliberately choose Christian bakeries so they can:

1. get into litigation
2. further the 'cause'
3. Lord it over religious people
4. Be punitive to religious people (financially and socially)

VERY WRONG and quite fascist, in a sneak way!

:thumb:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So you would deliberately cheat them of their time and money, and ruin their wedding, because you don't like them. That's a pretty low thing to do.

Are they not cheating the baker who doesn't want to make it of his time and money and trying to ruin his ability to stay in business by targeting him deliberately when they could have went somewhere else?

I agree that their forcing him to service them is a low thing to do.

But not minding business owners who cheat and abuse customers just because they don't like them, apparently.

And customers who cheat and abuse business owners because they dont like what they believe ISNT a problem, apparently.

GFR7

Are they not cheating the baker who doesn't want to make it of his time and money and trying to ruin his ability to stay in business by targeting him deliberately when they could have went somewhere else?

I agree that their forcing him to service them is a low thing to do.

And customers who cheat and abuse business owners because they dont like what they believe ISNT a problem, apparently.
BBM-- Exactly!

Take the story of the lesbian couple who sued the New York state farm couple for refusing to host their wedding:

When first told this, these lesbians said, "OK. We won't take up anymore of your time, then."
Now, wouldn't you presume they would walk away with dignity and go to a pro-gay venue? :think:

NO - they went into major litigation and now the farm couple is being forced to pay fines in the tens of thousands. Isn't there some sadism at work here? I think so.

The Giffords live on the premises and these ceremonies are typically conducted on the first floor of their home or on the nearby property. Considering that they are Christians and consider marriage to be confined to relationships involving one man and one woman, the two weren’t comfortable hosting McCathy and Erwin’s nuptials.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...wners-13000-for-refusing-to-host-gay-wedding/

What is so very bad about this?:confused:

genuineoriginal

If you are operating a public business, the sign over the door invites all members of the public in.
no-soup-for-you.jpg

musterion

It's not about the cake any more than it's actually about the marriage. It's all about power, control over others and bending society to their will. Just like everything else with leftists.

GFR7

It's not about the cake any more than it's actually about the marriage. It's all about power, control over others and bending society to their will. Just like everything else with leftists.
Yes. It's their latest conquest game. Sad thing is, it's working. :nono:

IMJerusha

Whatever happened to the "we reserve the right to serve whomever we choose to serve" signs?
Businesses discriminate all the time in various ways.

IMJerusha

If you are operating a public business, the sign over the door invites all members of the public in. You would have no right to assume they came in just to annoy you.

Why not? Lots of folks have walked into a shop just to chit chat or browse.

If you were operating a private bakery, as a club or co-op, the gay couple could not buy your wares without being a member, and to become a member, you would have had to tell them of your biased policies against gays. In which case they either would not join, or you would exclude them from joining, and no such cake would ever be requested.

The club is Christianity and homosexuality has no part in it.

IMJerusha

Suppose a homosexual couple goes to a bakery and orders a cake for their wedding. If the baker bakes them a cake knowing that the cake is for the wedding of a homosexual couple, does this mean that the baker is giving approval to their marriage? Does this mean that the baker is celebrating the marriage with the homosexual couple?

I would have no problem putting up signs stating the business is Christian and operates according to God's Will.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Taking someone's money doesn't mean you endorse their behavior. Heck, interacting with someone doesn't mean you necessarily approve of them or their behavior.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Taking someone's money doesn't mean you endorse their behavior. Heck, interacting with someone doesn't mean you necessarily approve of them or their behavior.

so if you ran a bakery and a skinhead couple came in and requested a cake decorated with "gas the jews again!", you'd be happy to serve them?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Yes, you can take someone's money and interact with a person without approving of them or their behavior.
You can even bake a birthday cake for someone without approving of them or their behavior.

A baker that has no personal religious beliefs about weddings can bake a wedding cake for anyone without approving of them or their behavior.

A baker that has personal religious beliefs about weddings and believes what the Bible says about homosexual acts can not bake a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding without going against his personal religious beliefs.

It is not difficult to understand.

Atheists and liberals merely pretend to not understand this because they hate religious beliefs and love to see people being forced to go against their beliefs.

GFR7

I would have no problem putting up signs stating the business is Christian and operates according to God's Will.
And this, sadly, would make you a target: Gay couples would swarm to your store and watch the litigation and lawsuits start flying. Then you would be forced to pay 10s of thousands of dollars in fines. :nono:

PureX

Why not? Lots of folks have walked into a shop just to chit chat or browse.
This is not annoying behavior. And if they loiter, you can ask them to buy something or leave.
The club is Christianity and homosexuality has no part in it.
Then you have to set the business up as a club, and let prospective members know what the parameters of membership are.

All that's being asked of people is that they be honest about the services they are offering. No one is being forced to serve anyone they don't want to.

But it seems a lot of Christians, here, want to behave like snakes in the grass; laying in wait for someone they don't approve of to try and buy something, so they can insult them and belittle them by refusing to serve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.