Baking Cakes for Homosexual Couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

Whatever happened to the "we reserve the right to serve whomever we choose to serve" signs?
They were meaningless bravado. I can put up a sign claiming I'm the queen of England. That doesn't make me the queen of England.

bybee

This is not annoying behavior. And if they loiter, you can ask them to buy something or leave.
Then you have to set the business up as a club, and let prospective members know what the parameters of membership are.

All that's being asked of people is that they be honest about the services they are offering. No one is being forced to serve anyone they don't want to.

But it seems a lot of Christians, here, want to behave like snakes in the grass; laying in wait for someone they don't approve of to try and buy something, so they can insult them and belittle them by refusing to serve them.

That is a typically puerile PureX response.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes, you can take someone's money and interact with a person without approving of them or their behavior.
You can even bake a birthday cake for someone without approving of them or their behavior.

You're trying to have it both ways, GO--the old "yeah, but" defense.

A baker that has personal religious beliefs about weddings and believes what the Bible says about homosexual acts can not bake a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding without going against his personal religious beliefs.

Yes, they can. Some choose to do exactly this. Some don't.

This is what discourse in America's come down to: Cake has become some kind of overblown last stand, when it's anything but. This is absurd, pure and simple. Classic swallowing a camel and straining at a gnat type stuff.

PureX

no-soup-for-you.jpg
You do realize that was make-believe, right?

I know it was modeled after some actual place in New York, but New Yorkers are all insane. They love to be humiliated by elitist door policies. It makes them feel special, I guess.

IMJerusha

And this, sadly, would make you a target: Gay couples would swarm to your store and watch the litigation and lawsuits start flying. Then you would be forced to pay 10s of thousands of dollars in fines. :nono:

It hasn't so far. Of course, gay people don't dare come to our county. Trust me, they wouldn't be well received.

IMJerusha

This is not annoying behavior. And if they loiter, you can ask them to buy something or leave.

I don't even need to ask them to buy something.

Then you have to set the business up as a club, and let prospective members know what the parameters of membership are.

All that's being asked of people is that they be honest about the services they are offering. No one is being forced to serve anyone they don't want to.

But it seems a lot of Christians, here, want to behave like snakes in the grass; laying in wait for someone they don't approve of to try and buy something, so they can insult them and belittle them by refusing to serve them.

Where I live, most everyone is a Christian of one sort or another....like it used to be in America. We don't behave like snakes. There's an expectation of Christian behavior amongst the population and those who can't be bothered to cough that up are given the choice to change up or get out. We do have a few of the Hindi persuasion here but even they behave like Christians.

PureX

Where I live, most everyone is a Christian of one sort or another....like it used to be in America. We don't behave like snakes. There's an expectation of Christian behavior amongst the population and those who can't be bothered to cough that up are given the choice to change up or get out.
You don't live in that America, anymore. Now days you have to treat other people fairly, even if you are a Christian and think you're so much better than them.

IMJerusha

You don't live in that America, anymore. Now days you have to treat other people fairly, even if you are a Christian and think you're so much better than them.

Oh yes sir, I most certainly do live in that America and there's lots of places in America that are just like it! We still put up a nativity on the courthouse lawn every Christmas. Shh, don't tell anyone. :chuckle:

Treating people fairly doesn't mean putting a stamp of approval on Godless lifestyles or forcing Christians to go against their faith. No Christian has to support homosexuality in any way, shape or form. 77% of America identifies as Christian. They'd better get with the program and start putting their actions where their mouths are.

Last edited:

PureX

Oh yes sir, I most certainly do live in that America and there's lots of places in America that are just like it! We still put up a nativity on the courthouse lawn every Christmas. Shh, don't tell anyone. :chuckle:

Treating people fairly doesn't mean putting a stamp of approval on Godless lifestyles or forcing Christians to go against their faith. No Christian has to support homosexuality in any way, shape or form. 77% of America identifies as Christian. They'd better get with the program and start putting their actions where their mouths are.
Or maybe they already are, as they have finally realized that:

"Refusing to serve a sinner is a sure sign of the most disgusting disease….self-righteousness."

OCTOBER23

Resurrected said,

i wouldn't want to have anything to do
with celebrating perversion would you?
-
This from a guy wearing a DRESS .

De 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man,
neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment:
for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Resurrected said,

-

how dare you be so insensitive to mona's hirsutism and dislocation of the temporomandibular joint? :sibbie:

eta: good to see you back omega! :wave2:

Last edited:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Resurrected said,

-

RESURRECTED,

You are NOT SUPPOSED TO WEAR A DRESS.

Jose Fly

Awwwww....poor fundamentalists. You lost this battle, get over it. In 50 years people will look back on you in the same way we look back on southerners who supported Jim Crow laws.

Dialogos

Awwwww....poor fundamentalists. You lost this battle, get over it. In 50 years people will look back on you in the same way we look back on southerners who supported Jim Crow laws.
And in 50 years you will be 50 years closer to the rude awakening that you should have listened to us "poor fundamentalists."

We might have lost the battle, but Jesus wins the war, and you are on the losing end.

genuineoriginal

A baker that has personal religious beliefs about weddings and believes what the Bible says about homosexual acts can not bake a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding without going against his personal religious beliefs.
Yes, they can.
The government has provided an option for people that cannot shoot other people without violating their personal religious beliefs, it is called a conscientious objector clause.

Any idea why?

genuineoriginal

You don't live in that America, anymore. Now days you have to treat other people fairly
Forcing people to violate their personal religious beliefs is not treating people fairly, even if you are a homosexual or an atheist and think you're so much better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.