2015 NBA Playoffs thread

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
because they wore make-up ?

No, it was because I really liked the 77 & 78 Yankees. They won the World Series those two years.

Reggie Jackson's 3 home runs in Game 6 of the '77 series earned him the nickname "Mr. October", and was an all-time classic World Series event. I remember watching it, and couldn't believe it, when he hit the third one.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hence, "the curse".
Voodoo.

Great game tonight again by James. Poor performance by the MVP. Golden State should be embarrassed. Cleveland is missing 40% of its starting line up playing the "best" team in the NBA led by the league MVP and they lose at home in overtime?

No sweep for you. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i had a feeling, but who doesn't ? i thought the Cavs could win- good defense tonight - the Curry was cold; no spice -

The Berean

Obviously, a disappointing loss but I expected the Cavs to win at least one game. And lets put some perspective here. Even great teams lose home finals games. Michel Jordan's Bulls split the first two finals games in the 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1998 NBA Finals. In two of these series the Bulls had the home court advantage ('91 and '92).

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Voodoo.

Great game tonight again by James. Poor performance by the MVP. Golden State should be embarrassed. Cleveland is missing 40% of its starting line up playing the "best" team in the NBA led by the league MVP and they lose at home in overtime?

No sweep for you. :)

Curry needs to step his game up. Sheesh.

I'm not surprised Cleveland won. Teams can often summon what it takes to win when they lose one of their key players and have their backs against the wall. But I don't see them being able to do that 3 more times. The way GS has looked so far, and Curry in particular, I'll stick with the 4-2 prediction.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obviously, a disappointing loss but I expected the Cavs to win at least one game. And lets put some perspective here. Even great teams lose home finals games. Michel Jordan's Bulls split the first two finals games in the 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1998 NBA Finals. In two of these series the Bulls had the home court advantage ('91 and '92).

Don't forget, Memphis was up 2-1 in the last series the Warriors played.

However, counting the post-season, the Cavs have won 26 of their last 28 games at home in Cleveland.

Hard to believe Curry could miss 13 3-pointers, and that the Warriors couldn't break the 100 point mark even with an overtime.

David Blatt is a defensive genius. We'll see how good of a coach Steve Kerr really is by how he responds to Blatt's defense.

I thought Blatt was a genius taking Mozgov out of the game early in the 3rd when Golden State went with their small lineup, despite the fact that Mozgov was dominating the paint. Mozgov never returned.

Not too many coaches would take their center out of the game early in the 3rd and not put him back in the game after tallying 17 points, 11 rebounds, and 12 trips to the free throw line up to that point of the early 3rd.

But, it worked.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I expected the Cavs to win at least one game.

Curry found his shot, but not until the 4h quarter, and Thompson played terrible.

If Curry and Thompson both play well, the Warriors will win easily.

However, Cleveland's defense has them out of sync.

It's been a very entertaining series so far.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So we're at least going five. Six looks possible...anyone thinking this collection of bench players and James can take this seven?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, I think Lebron will get the ring.
GS is demonstrating what a lack of mental toughness can do for you, but if James can manage this he deserves it. I still can't believe the Warriors will stay this frazzled and inconsistent for a series.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So far a disappointing series for my Warriors. Time to get serious W's!!! :bang:

Everyone said the same thing when they were down 2-1 to Memphis.

It's Cleveland. Somehow, someway, sports teams from Cleveland find a way to loose.

So relax, and plan on going to the parade in Oakland.