2015 NBA Playoffs thread

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Warriors have no excuse in not putting the Cavs away now. This shouldn't go more than 5 games. Poor city of Cleveland. I never believed the curse stuff until I watched the 1997 World Series. The Indians were 2 outs away from winning the World Series.

yep, series over - you predicted it !

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I never believed the curse stuff until I watched the 1997 World Series.

In addition to that 1997 World Series collapse in Game 7, the following have happened in Cleveland sports:

"Red Right 88" happened in 1981

"The Drive" happened in 1986

"The Fumble" happened in 1987

"The Shot" happened in 1989

Just google any of the above phrases that are in parenthesis

There's more. The blown 3-1 ALCS lead to the Red Sox, the World Series loss to the Braves, the 89 AFC Championship loss, the NBA Finals loss to the Spurs, etc. , but they don't have actual phrases attached to them that can be googled.

Not to mention the Browns leaving town and moving to Baltimore, and LeBron announcing his "Decision" on live TV to go to Miami.

The Berean

In addition to that 1997 World Series collapse in Game 7, the following have happened in Cleveland sports:

"Red Right 88" happened in 1981

"The Drive" happened in 1986

"The Fumble" happened in 1987

"The Shot" happened in 1989

Just google any of the above phrases that are in parenthesis

There's more. The blown 3-1 ALCS lead to the Red Sox, the World Series loss to the Braves, the 89 AFC Championship loss, the NBA Finals loss to the Spurs, etc. , but they don't have actual phrases attached to them that can be googled.

Not to mention the Browns leaving town and moving to Baltimore, and LeBron announcing his "Decision" on live TV to go to Miami.
I find it highly ironic that the old Cleveland Browns have won TWO Super Bowls after moving to Baltimore.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Curse, smerse, Chicago was what until Jordan? It will be fuel for the fire next year. Get Love back and Kyrie healthy and get it done. Can't imagine they have a chance now. It's mostly about heart and playing not to be swept.

Word based mystic

i enjoyed the movie called the WARRIORS when i was younger. a little rough but i was a teenager.

When i think of the finals here

i have a visual of lebron in a hearse car.
sticking his head out the window going through the city with coke bottles on his fingers clanging them together saying.

warriors come out to plaaaya

warriors come ouut too playayayaa

warriors COME OUT TOO PLAYAYAA.

my imagination is strange sometimes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Curse, smerse, Chicago was what until Jordan?

They won the 85' Super Bowl with perhaps the greatest defense of all time, and one of the most memorable teams of all time.

It will be fuel for the fire next year. Get Love back and Kyrie healthy and get it done.

You keep forgetting were talking about Cleveland.

Something will happen, and they won't win a championship.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
They won the 85' Super Bowl with perhaps the greatest defense of all time, and one of the most memorable teams of all time.

You keep forgetting were talking about Cleveland.
I'm talking about basketball, or did you forget? :)

Something will happen, and they won't win a championship.
That's what people thought about Chicago until they won.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i enjoyed the movie called the WARRIORS when i was younger. a little rough but i was a teenager.

When i think of the finals here

i have a visual of lebron in a hearse car.
sticking his head out the window going through the city with coke bottles on his fingers clanging them together saying.

warriors come out to plaaaya

warriors come ouut too playayayaa

warriors COME OUT TOO PLAYAYAA.

my imagination is strange sometimes.

:rotfl:

I was in 9th grade when that movie came out.

From a 15 year old boy's perspective, it was a great movie, especially in 1979.

I liked the gang that wore the NY Yankee uniforms.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
@ TH

Peyton Manning's "one-and-done's" pale in comparison to what Cleveland sports fans have had to endure the last 50 years.

BTW, I really enjoyed the Muscle Shoals documentary on Netflix. Do you live near there? Have you seen the documentary?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Cleveland curse encompasses all sports.
Complete nonsense, of course. It's mostly about being a smaller market and not being able to draw the talent, historically.

Or, you could blame the Denver curse, that derailed their efforts so Denver could fail spectacularly in the biggest game in town...until they won a couple in a row, of course.

No other city has experienced what Cleveland has.
Said someone about Chicago until the one shot Bears led to the Jordan Bulls.

Peyton Manning's...
The minute you mention him I know nothing reasonable is going to follow, so you'll forgive me if I remind you we're talking about your latest less than serious declaration.

BTW, I really enjoyed the Muscle Shoals documentary on Netflix. Do you live near there? Have you seen the documentary?
What documentary?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Said someone about Chicago until the one shot Bears led to the Jordan Bulls.

Prior to the Bears winning in '85, the Bears won the 1963 NFL Championship.

That's a 22 year drought for not only the Bears, but the city of Chicago.

That was the longest drought the city had since they first had professional sports in 1876

Cleveland is in its 50th year

What documentary?

Muscle Shoals Official Trailer

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's a 22 year drought for not only the Bears, but the city of Chicago.

Cleveland is in its 50th year

San Diego has gone 51 years without a title. No one says they're cursed.

Buffalo has gone 48 (and think about those SB runs...egad). No curse.

There are a lot of teams with remarkable droughts...until you realize most of them are suffering from the curse of living in the shadow of better, more attractive and lucrative markets. This team hasn't failed at any point, it's just broken down. They aren't blowing a lead or being beaten by a drive from a more cursed franchise (until it wasn't). They're just suffering the fate of many a team that gets hit by injury late in the day. It happens. It likely won't happen next year if they get their two stars back (and a little more depth on the bench wouldn't kill them).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
San Diego has gone 51 years without a title. No one says they're cursed.

Because they haven't lost in heartbreaking fashion like all the Cleveland sports teams have.

Each Cleveland sports team (especially the Browns) has lost heartbreaking games in Hollywood fashion.

Have you been watching the NBA playoffs? The announcers have been talking about the Cleveland curse quite a bit.

Again, it's not just the Cavs, it's also the Browns and Indians.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because they haven't lost in heartbreaking fashion like all the Cleveland sports teams have.
The Cavs aren't losing like that either. They've had two injuries that have killed their chances by game one of the finals. That's not Norwood kicking wide.

Each Cleveland sports team (especially the Browns) has lost heartbreaking games in Hollywood fashion.
Meh. The Browns had a couple of games where they got beaten by a team that went on to not be cursed for getting blown up in the bigger game? Seems like an arbitrary distinction.

Have you been watching the NBA playoffs? The announcers have been talking about the Cleveland curse quite a bit.
Doesn't make it rational, only the sort of stuff that adds color to what promises to be a really quick and not that interesting series.

Again, it's not just the Cavs, it's also the Browns and Indians.
Except the Browns don't really have a curse any more than Denver did. And no one says the Bengals are cursed because the Niners killed both of their SB dreams. Who calls Buffalo cursed? It's just a stretch to parlay and create a story under the story. Always has been and will be. Voodoo nonsense otherwise.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find it highly ironic that the old Cleveland Browns have won TWO Super Bowls after moving to Baltimore.

I don't. I thought they were going the right direction. Until Belicheat nearly wrecked their franchise. :dizzy: