2015 NBA Playoffs thread

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Kerr started Iggy instead of Bogut.

It made a huge difference, and the Warriors won.

I watched a bit of His & Hers on ESPN today and I think they said that idea came from an assistant coach. Good idea and good on Kerr for trying it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It will be interesting to see if he can reinvent himself or if he has enough skill to remain dominant in a few years when the mileage finally takes a toll on his body. Jordan's last 3 titles came in his mid 30s when his physical attributes were maybe 75-80% of what they had been earlier in his career.

I'd wager he can.

The Berean

It will be interesting to see if he can reinvent himself or if he has enough skill to remain dominant in a few years when the mileage finally takes a toll on his body. Jordan's last 3 titles came in his mid 30s when his physical attributes were maybe 75-80% of what they had been earlier in his career.

Several studies have shown that NBA players peak rather early in their careers. LeBron is 31 years old and in his decline phase. That doesn't LeBorn is not still a great player but at age 31 LeBron is not the player he was at age 25.

http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cleveland has looked "out of gas" in every game at the end, including their last series before the finals.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wonder how many patrol cars will pay the price. :think:

Oakland has a Democrat mayor, all Democrats on its city council, a Democrat police chief, a Democrat District Attorney, and over 70% of Oakland residents are registered Democrats.

What could possibly go wrong?

image537996x.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At least this shows Steph Curry is not MVP. Switch Lebron and Steph. Same results through the season and playoffs? Exactly.

Take a seat, Curry. You are a great basketball player and a throw back to when the NBA had players with skills. You are not that valuable the way James is. His team is just not good.

Cleveland doesn't even make the Finals with Curry instead of James.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone is playing more minutes when they least need to be. It's one reason this likely ends in six now...a moral victory as it stands.

Their owner comes off a bit as Dan Snyder to me. He could add another player or two at the suggestion of James. As in sign somebody available that James wants.

Or make them worse like Snyder and Steinbrenner did for a long time.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
At least this shows Steph Curry is not MVP. Switch Lebron and Steph. Same results through the season and playoffs? Exactly.

Take a seat, Curry. You are a great basketball player and a throw back to when the NBA had players with skills. You are not that valuable the way James is. His team is just not good.

Agreed. I don't see that Cleveland has to do much more than find a little more help for their bench and make sure Love returns to be the prohibitive favorites next year. Switch James with Curry and it's a GS sweep of Cleveland.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Or make them worse like Snyder and Steinbrenner did for a long time.

Steinbrenner?

Since George Steinbrenner purchased the team in 1973, the Yankees have had the highest winning percentage (.566), the most World Series wins (7), and the most Division Titles (16) of any MLB team.

How did Steinbrenner "make them worse"?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Well sure, Lebron is the best player in the league and could probably win every year but it's nice to mix it up. And Curry is a worthy contender for it. He was the best player on the best team in the best conference.