2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's Cleveland. Somehow, someway, sports teams from Cleveland find a way to loose.

If it isn't Darby for you, it's Ohio. Did somebody beat you up when passing through that dump known as Cleveland or something?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If it isn't Darby for you, it's Ohio.

lakedarby_oh.gif

Did somebody beat you up when passing through that dump known as Cleveland or something?

At Cavalier's games, when a player from the opposing team goes to the foul line, here is what is shown on the jumbo video screens in Quicken Loans Arena:

cavs-steelers.jpg

When the Cleveland fans see the Steeler's logo, they boo really loud in an attempt to distract the opposing player at the free throw line.

Only Cleveland fans would use the Steelers logo to help themselves win. :nono:

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LeBron James has 123 points in the first three games of the Finals for the Cavaliers.

Mosgov is the next highest scoring Cavalier with 39 points.

The Berean

LeBron James has 123 points in the first three games of the Finals for the Cavaliers.

Mosgov is the next highest scoring Cavalier with 39 points.

James is shooting just 40% as well which means 6 of every 10 shots is a miss. He's taken an insane number of shots.

SaulToPaul 2

I wonder how "great" Lebron would be if he was 6-5/220 instead of 6-8/250.
I guess I'm saying his physical prowess is his greatest attribute. He's a decent shooter, can rebound when he wants to, a good passer.

I'm just not into the Lebron thing I guess.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why stop there? What if he had one arm and asthma? :plain: :eek:

I guess I'm saying his physical prowess is his greatest attribute.
:nono: He has great court awareness. It's why he's so effective as a passer. He has a mind for who is going to be where.

He's a decent shooter, can rebound when he wants to, a good passer.
He's better at all of those than you're crediting. If it was just size and athleticism I could name a couple of dozen NBA busts and journeymen who had that.

:idunno: It's not unusual. Centers don't get as much love either. Hard for some people to root for the overdog, I guess. :)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Even worse! The reason that W's are down 2-1 is not Lebron. It's the Warriors very cold shooting, especially on 3 pointers.

I agree, but you have to give Cleveland's defense the credit.

David Blatt is doing an amazing coaching job. He's figured out how to take the Warriors out of their game.

We'll see how good of a coach Steve Kerr is these next couple of games.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I guess I'm saying his physical prowess is his greatest attribute. He's a decent shooter, can rebound when he wants to, a good passer.

I think I'd agree. His best basketball skill is probably passing. His physical attributes make him a beast and allow him to excel in other areas. I think he normally has a pretty good FG% but I'm not sure where he's taking most of those shots.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
James is shooting just 40% as well which means 6 of every 10 shots is a miss. He's taken an insane number of shots.
It's off for him, but what's Kobe's playoff shooting percentage on average? Around 45%

Anyway, James is at 42% because he's the whole show and the other guys know it. His overall playoff average since entering the league is 47% Jordan's overall was 48% and his lowest through a playoffs was 40% in the 95-96 playoffs through about the same total of games.

:think: Anyone remember how that series turned out?

SaulToPaul 2

I think I'd agree. His best basketball skill is probably passing. His physical attributes make him a beast and allow him to excel in other areas. I think he normally has a pretty good FG% but I'm not sure where he's taking most of those shots.

It will be interesting to see if he can reinvent himself or if he has enough skill to remain dominant in a few years when the mileage finally takes a toll on his body. Jordan's last 3 titles came in his mid 30s when his physical attributes were maybe 75-80% of what they had been earlier in his career.