2015 NBA Playoffs thread

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see Lebron get a championship in Cleveland but if they would make it to the Finals and face GS I'd probably root for GS. I like Curry.

The Berean

:chuckle: Patience is a virtue.

-It's been 39 years since the Warriors last reached the Western Conference finals.

-It's been 40 years since the Warriors last won an NBA title.

-It's been 56 years since the only Warrior (and not even on the west coast!) won the MVP Award.

wilt+chamberlain.jpg

will%20chamberlain.jpg

wilt.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Go Warriors! :p After being a fan since about 1981 I finally get to see a Warrior team that is a legitimate championship caliber team. It only took 34 years!

The Warriors finished 67-15.

That's tied for the 6th best record all-time, only 5 teams have finished with a better record.

Of the 9 previous teams that finished 67-15 or better, 7 of them made it to the Finals, and 6 of them won the NBA Championship.

The last team to finish 67-15 was the 2007 Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks lost in the first round to the Warriors.

The best seasons:

1) 1996 Chicago Bulls 72-10

2) 1972 Los Angeles Lakers 69-13

3) 1997 Chicago Bulls 69-13

4) 1967 Philadelphia 76ers 68-13

5) 1973 Boston Celtics 68-14

6) 1986 Boston Celtics 67-15

7) 1992 Chicago Bulls 67-15

8) 2000 Los Angeles Lakers 67-15

9) 2007 Dallas Mavericks 67-15

10) 2015 Golden St. Warriors 67-15

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But I gotta say if the Warriors fall short it will be soooooooooooo disappointing. :noid:

The really big problem for the Warriors is how LOADED the West is.

Clippers vs. Spurs in the first round is insane. Both of these teams could have won the East by 10 games.

Once the Warriors get past the Pelicans, it's going to get very difficult the next two series.

The Berean

The only problem for the Warriors is how LOADED the West is.

Clippers vs. Spurs in the first round is insane. Both of these teams could have won the East by 10 games.

Once the Warriors get past the Pelicans, it's going to get very difficult the next two series.

That is true. I'm hoping the Clippers knock out the Spurs. The Warriors match up better against the Clippers than the Spurs. Plus, I would love to see a Warriors/Clippers Western Conference final just to hear Laker fans cry and whine. :rotfl: Also, the Warriors and Clippers hate each other.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm hoping the Clippers knock out the Spurs. The Warriors match up better against the Clippers than the Spurs.

The Spurs won 11 games in a row, lost their final game, and went from being the #2 seed to being the #6 seed.

That's crazy.

Son of Jack

I agree with everything y'all have been saying about the West. Loaded. Seeds 1-6 could advance to the Finals and it wouldn't be a surprise.

What do you guys think about the East? I think it will either be the Cavs or the Bulls. If Rose can continue to play at the level he's been at the last two games, the Bulls can beat the Cavs.

Son of Jack

That is true. I'm hoping the Clippers knock out the Spurs. The Warriors match up better against the Clippers than the Spurs. Plus, I would love to see a Warriors/Clippers Western Conference final just to hear Laker fans cry and whine. :rotfl: Also, the Warriors and Clippers hate each other.

If the Spurs go out, I hope it isn't to the tissue-paper soft Clippers. I do agree that the Spurs will create more matchup problems for the Warriors, but the way Parker is playing right now, Curry would absolutely annihilate him. If it happens to be the Clips and the Warriors, I'll be cheering for the Warriors all the way. I don't really like Paul or Griffin.