ECT Who is saved?

God's Truth

There is a cost to be exacted/paid of one desiring to be a follower of Jesus Christ because it requires the new birth from above given him at the very beginning of his journey home to 'Father's House'. Jesus exampled the cost by His own life lived out as it was for a record for us to read and understand and hopefully, desire. God foreknows who they are.

"Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?"
Luke 14:25-28 (ESV)

My question is what becomes of those who claim to be born again, who declare to everyone they are but have no fruit that would convince anyone of a life of Christ within them? Are they still saved because they said a sinners prayer?

Did Oswald Chambers speak in tongues? Is that what you are getting at?

Right Divider

Body part
Interpret the passages of scripture you present as your proof text correctly would be my advice to you.

Here. Read it again . . . for the first time:

Jesus sends the twelve out to preach and heal the sick . . . only the twelve
I know that. So was the so-called "great commission" given only to the eleven (soon to be twelve again). But the vast majority of Churchianity thinks that it's to them.

How 'bout we discuss why being born again is so vitally important for you as Jesus explained to Nicodemus in Jn 3:3,5? You open to that?
Go right ahead. Start a new thread.

Cross Reference

I know that. So was the so-called "great commission" given only to the eleven (soon to be twelve again). But the vast majority of Churchianity thinks that it's to them.

Go right ahead. Start a new thread.

The sent out "seventy, two be two" was NOT the great commission! It was before the cross. The great commission was to those many disciples AFTER Jesus ascended to Heaven to "go and make disciples of all nations however, don't leave Jerusalem before going because: " . . . I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:49 (ESV)
. . ".

Read your Bible again . . . maybe for the first time.

Cross Reference

Did Oswald Chambers speak in tongues? Is that what you are getting at?

I have been given to understand he did receive the Baptism IN the Holy Spirit later in his life. How much later I can't comment. His writings speak of a great anointing upon his life. If you read him he never speaks as a Calvinist though, no doubt, he read much of his writings. I can be sure of that. I would suggest reading him and judge for yourself. Eat the meat and spit out potatoes, if any. Personally, if Chambers was of Calvin I would be as well. Bless God, I am not for which I appreciate Chambers even more.

Right Divider

Body part
The sent out "seventy, two be two" was NOT the great commission! It was before the cross.
I didn't say THAT was the so-called "great commission".

The great commission was to those many disciples AFTER Jesus ascended to Heaven to "go and make disciples of all nations however, don't leave Jerusalem before going because: " . . . I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:49 (ESV)
. . ".

Read your Bible again . . . maybe for the first time.
Matt 28:16-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:16) ¶ Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. (28:17) And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (28:18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (28:20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Cross Reference

I didn't say THAT was the so-called "great commission".

Matt 28:16-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:16) ¶ Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. (28:17) And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (28:18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (28:20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

So where is the mentioning of raising the dead??

Cross Reference

I didn't say that the so-called "great commission" mentioned raising the dead. But those that were given the so-called "great commission" did do just that (Acts 9:40-42)

You said up front it was a command. THAT is what I have been addressing by you believing you were correct and then instigate an argument.. That is what is NOT Christian!

God's Truth

I have been given to understand he did receive the Baptism IN the Holy Spirit later in his life. How much later I can't comment. His writings speak of a great anointing upon his life. If you read him he never speaks as a Calvinist though, no doubt, he read much of his writings. I can be sure of that. I would suggest reading him and judge for yourself. Eat the meat and spit out potatoes, if any. Personally, if Chambers was of Calvin I would be as well. Bless God, I am not for which I appreciate Chambers even more.

I am sensitive to different spirits, and Calvinism is a spirit I can detect from others in their writings. I had a book by Oswald Chamber and threw it out because I could not take the spirit that became evident in everything he wrote.

According to you though, you claim if one is not speaking in tongues they are not saved and that means Chambers was not saved during his writings.

God's Truth

Show me the post.

No one has to go searching for your post. You know you asked if we could raise the dead. That is your excuse for saying we don't have to obey Jesus' commands that he taught while he walked the earth. You don't understand that Jesus said that to those laying the foundation. However, Crossreference believes in speaking in tongues and has caught you saying something in error and will try to fight for speaking in tongues.

Crossreference goes against me because I preach against nowadays tongue speaking. However, Crossreference goes against you more because what you preach...that we don't have to obey Jesus is more outrageous; and, you don't believe you are born again is room for even more correction.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am sensitive to different spirits, and Calvinism is a spirit I can detect from others in their writings. I had a book by Oswald Chamber and threw it out because I could not take the spirit that became evident in everything he wrote.

According to you though, you claim if one is not speaking in tongues they are not saved and that means Chambers was not saved during his writings.

Tongues has nothing to do with being saved. Gifts are given by the spirit alone.

God's Truth

Tongues has nothing to do with being saved.

I am trying to explain that to CrossReference.

In case you have not noticed, CR loves the writings of Oswald Chambers.

CrossReference is making excuses for those who do not speak in tongues because she is having a hard time explaining how Oswald Chambers can be saved without it.

See, CR said I wasn't saved because I did not speak in tongues, but she is now changing her story because her beloved Oswald.

I used to believe I was speaking in tongues and I even interpreted. However, God showed me with scripture that I was in error.

Cross Reference

I am trying to explain that to CrossReference.

In case you have not noticed, CR loves the writings of Oswald Chambers.

CrossReference is making excuses for those who do not speak in tongues because she is having a hard time explaining how Oswald Chambers can be saved without it.

See, CR said I wasn't saved because I did not speak in tongues, but she is now changing her story because her beloved Oswald.

I used to believe I was speaking in tongues and I even interpreted. However, God showed me with scripture that I was in error.

I didn't know I was dong all that. I better put you back on ignore.

God's Truth

I didn't know I was dong all that. I better put you back on ignore.

You deny that you caught RD in error when he says we don't have to obey Jesus?

You deny that you caught RD in error when he says we don't raise the dead?

You deny saying that those saved and born again don't have to speak in tongues?