ECT Who is saved?

Cross Reference

Don't forget raise the dead.

Where is the scripture for that command by Jesus?

Oh, You mean this: . . . "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18 (KJV) Is that the passage??

As I said Divider, I don't believe you are born again.

Right Divider

Body part
Where is the scripture for that command by Jesus?

Oh, You mean this: . . . "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18 (KJV) Is that the passage??

As I said Divider, I don't believe you are born again.
Matt 10:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

As I said Reference, the LORD Jesus Christ is currently the ONLY ONE that has been born again. Believe the Bible and you'll be much better off.

Cross Reference

(10:8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

As I said Reference, the LORD Jesus Christ is currently the ONLY ONE that has been born again. Believe the Bible and you'll be much better off.

Interpret the passages of scripture you present as your proof text correctly would be my advice to you.

Here. Read it again . . . for the first time:

Jesus sends the twelve out to preach and heal the sick . . . only the twelve

This all took place before anyone was ever saved; before Jesus went to the cross to make salvation possible.

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew 10:5-15 (KJV)

Hello, Divider. Still there?

Here it is again for you in case you need the easy read version:

"Jesus sent these twelve out with the following instructions: “Don't go among people who are not Jewish or into any Samaritan city. Instead, go to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel. As you go, spread this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.' Cure the sick, bring the dead back to life, cleanse those with skin diseases, and force demons out of people. Give these things without charging, since you received them without paying. “Don't take any gold, silver, or even copper coins in your pockets. Don't take a traveling bag for the trip, a change of clothes, sandals, or a walking stick. After all, the worker deserves to have his needs met. “When you go into a city or village, look for people who will listen to you there. Stay with them until you leave {that place}. When you go into a house, greet the family. If it is a family that listens to you, allow your greeting to stand. But if it is not receptive, take back your greeting. If anyone doesn't welcome you or listen to what you say, leave that house or city, and shake its dust off your feet. I can guarantee this truth: Judgment day will be better for Sodom and Gomorrah than for that city.
“I'm sending you out like sheep among wolves. So be as cunning as snakes but as innocent as doves. Watch out for people who will hand you over to the Jewish courts and whip you in their synagogues. Because of me you will even be brought in front of governors and kings to testify to them and to everyone in the world. When they hand you over {to the authorities}, don't worry about what to say or how to say it. When the time comes, you will be given what to say." Matthew 10:5-19 (GW)

How 'bout we discuss why being born again is so vitally important for you as Jesus explained to Nicodemus in Jn 3:3,5? You open to that?

God's Truth

I can hardly believe you don't know that we all have to be born again and it happens when one is saved.

When one is washed clean by Jesus you have a new life, you are born again, you are without any sin and you are a new creature.

Cross Reference

I can hardly believe you don't know that we all have to be born again and it happens when one is saved.

Not necessarilly and only after "one counts the cost."

When one is washed clean by Jesus you have a new life, you are born again, you are without any sin and you are a new creature.

And you are given the responsibiity to preserve that new life just as Jesus was entrusted with preserving the Godhead.

God's Truth

For salvation I went to Him. It is not that way for the new birth. There is a cost to be considered and God foreknows those who will pay the price, i.e., abandon their life to Him at the foot of the cross.

When one is saved they are born again No one is saved unless they want God more than anyone or anything in this life.

Cross Reference

There is a cost to be exacted/paid of one desiring to be a follower of Jesus Christ because it requires the new birth from above given him at the very beginning of his journey home to 'Father's House'. Jesus exampled the cost by His own life lived out as it was for a record for us to read and understand and hopefully, desire. God foreknows who they are.

"Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?"
Luke 14:25-28 (ESV)

My question is what becomes of those who claim to be born again, who declare to everyone they are but have no fruit that would convince anyone of a life of Christ within them? Are they still saved because they said a sinners prayer?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
For salvation I went to Him. It is not that way for the new birth. There is a cost to be considered and God foreknows those who will pay the price, i.e., abandon their life to Him at the foot of the cross.

It is tragic that many so called "saved Christians" don't even seem to know what it means to be born again.